Name Respected Industry Producers Who's Beats Aint Never Impressed You...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Sikknezz01, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAPRODUCTIONS

CAPRODUCTIONS Da Wizard Man

lmao wtf, premo? hi tek? al?, kanye?, neptunes? and illmatics wasnt hot?

LMAO

this thread is so WRONG
    test
  2. Sikknezz01

Sikknezz01 ^would fuck IceLaFox raw

shut the fuck up

1st of all, dawg i'm 26. I know more about hip hop than ANYONE on here, I'm willin to put money on that shit. I LIVED through all the hip hop moments you lil kids fantasize about. I know Premo's catalogue, I know his most revered work...

Royce 5'9 - Boom = good beat, not not good enough to warrant all the dickriding premo receives
    Nas - Nas is like = this beat does nothing for me
    Guru albums = production does nothing for me

2nd of all, everyone in this thread talkin about "wow i can't believe you said that" ...shut the fuck up. How you gonna argue with a nigka about his OPINION? I someone doesn't like Illmatic, they don't like it. Not everyone likes the same shit
    test
  3. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

WTF DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW HALF THE TRACKS HE HAS PRODUCED?
    test
  4. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

Hahaha, when i seen the thread title i immediately thought DJ Premier...

also the old Swizz Beatz... his new shit is crack but I used to hate Swizz...
    test
  5. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

Reading this post exposes the real heads and the niggaz or white boyz dat just jumped on hip hop as a fade. Niggaz are jumping on the band wagon tryna make it big$ with dat bull shit ul never make it.I cant believe hi-tek, premo, cool n dre, dr dre, pete rock, 9th wonder, neptunes, scott storch, kanyezzy, just balze, J dilla. How dd these niggaz end up on this thread!?I'm not here 2 ague or force you 2 like them but sayn they are wack is like saying they dd nothing 4 hip hop. With out most of these cats you wudnt be making beats period.
    So eat a dick b****. I listen 2 all kinds of music/international shit but I dont have 2 like them, I just appreciate good music. I dont have 2 be impresed ether.

I garentee u ur favorite producer's favourite producer is on dis list!LMAO

And the cat dat said Blaze is 2 simple has 2 chill, simplysity sells just like sex sells u dont have 2 make a complicated beat 4 it 2 bang. shit. You dont have 2 set ur mind 2 making singles set ur mind 2 making good music dat ppl appreciate and it will become a single or banger.

Damn I ddnt know pacs mom made beats..lol...sike....lmao

NOW M GONNA MAKE MY LIST SPLIT IN 2 3 CATEGORIES:Elite, Avarage, MEDIOCRE/WACK

Elite:Versatile cats dat can work with ppl from east 2 west 2 south and over seas.

J DILLA
    Premo
    Dr Dre
    Timberland
    Neptunes
    Hi Tek
    Kanye West
    Alchemist
    Havoc
    Cool n dre
    9th wonder
    Just Blaze
    Scott Storch
    Pete Rock
    Mel Man
    Rich Harrison
    Nottz:underrated
    Marlie Marl
    Biz Makie
    Il add 2 the list as I remmber some.........

Average

A bunch of underground cats and some southern guyz.
    Lil jon:has some decent rn b hits, did well with nas and some track with the ypung bloods.
    JD:Addicted to roland presets, dats all I have 2 say.
    3 6 mafia:They flipped the fuck out of that Willie Hutch sample. Very impresive+++
    Jazzy Pha:impresive but repeatetive

Mediocre/wack:

Mr Collipark:I know he will sayhe is a musician and hez in his own lane but his beats can be looped in 2 1 wack song. 2 repeatetive, abuses presets.
    A whole lot of net so called producers dat ride dick.
    test
  6. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

wow @ premo

u are telling me new york state of mind didnt blow u away when u first heard that?, Just to get a rep!. Mass appeal?

damn i must be OLD
    test
  7. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

9th wonder is garbage and is not respected int he industry wtf. premo never impressed me. back in 95/94 his shit wasnt getting no play out here in LA. we was on that westcoast shit. cube/westside connection ect.. so you shouldnt be surprised if someone from the westcoast, specially cali, wasnt feeling illmatic or like dj premier.
    test
  8. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

Honestly I can't think of any cats thats respected in the industry that never made a beat that didn't impress me

I mean Neptunes make there fair share of weak beats but they have most def made classic shit so I can't name any

Whats them cats that work with J won Track Boyz or some shit , now them cats are wack to be with there FL presets sounding beats but I dont think they respected, they more or less like a 1 hit wonder right now.

I can't think of any
    test
  9. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

Ouside of doobie ashtray and a few others i'd say primo
    test
  10. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

You dont have 2 be respected or have mad air play 2 make bangers. M tired of cats thinking only ppl with air play can get respect or make sick beats.Y are u making beats if u eint getting no international air play or respect then. Shit ....f outer here. Hip Hop doesnt revolve a round 1 person or a particular group of ppl. god music is good music

Elite comtinued:

Eric B & Rakim
    Wyclef
    Swizz Beats
    test
  11. ..DX..

..DX.. DL of Baysick Productions

i cannot believe this thread
    test
  12. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

I can't be the only one who sees this...

It loooks 2 me like all yall who are shocked and can't believe what they're reading on their computer screen, are just saying so because of internet stereotypes, and are trying to fit in, even if you really aren't impressed with Premo's work.

Just as so when the topic of Givin head come up in a discussion at work or school or whatever among women, everyone in the discussion will all be scoffin and act all crazy that someone even brought it up...just so she doesnt look like a hoe,

Even though you spit some game, an co-ereced her into givin u the Shirley Temple yesterday night.
    test
  13. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Wow, it just gets worse and worse. Illmatic getting dissed. There's no point in arguing or debating over any of this.

I just know this. I go to shows all the damn time. When a DJ spins T.R.O.Y. or New York State of Mind, or Shook Ones, the crowd is diggin it and singing along. Guess that's all that matters. So damn glad this is just an internet thread.
    test
  14. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

word x10
    test
  15. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Nigga...you're from VA and were born in 1987...you were in Kendirgardun when Premo was droppin hits and Marley MArl and Biz Markie werent old washed up jokes (as there are now). Your from Virginia (The South)...so obviously, the only way u even heard of them was forums liek these.

lol @ u callin someone a "net producer"
    test
  16. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

You gotta be deaf not to feel that nas is like beat...That shit is fuckin crack...fuck a opinion that shit is FACT
    test
  17. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

test
  18. Duro-Lace

Duro-Lace New Member

wow can't be serious.
    test
  19. Duro-Lace

Duro-Lace New Member

ok according to the cats in this thread...premo is wack, alchemist is wack, pete rock is wack, j dilla is wack, illmatic is wack, and the whole early 90's scene in NY is wack...where do u guys get ur inspiration from ? like seriously who inspires you ? What albums inspire you? Im interested in knowing...
    test
  20. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Actually VA is kinda split. Some claim it's East, some claim it being south. But aside from that. Internet hasn't been such a strong source of music 'til a few years ago. So that assumption you made to him is ass. Unless you're saying he just started looking into it. If that's the case, it's better than willingly staying ignorant or not giving a fuck (or calling the pioneers wack) isn't it?

How do you think Hip Hop expanded? Everyone just logged on the net one day and all of a sudden heard of the infamous New York DJ? And a lot of cats (the serious ones) dig up on the early era of Hip Hop. So respect to anyone that is young and still knows their shit. I know this cat that started producing (13 years old) with an MPC60. And his Aunt went and bought him all the "classics" and Hip Hop oldies. This kid knowing his shit is (inside and out) is much more credible than a mothafuka that happened to be around a cipher in New York but still think LL is where Hip Hop started.

You gotta learn the history somewhere...seems like a few cats know of Marly Marl, Premo, Pete Rock and don't respect what they put out anyway so your argument doesn't hold any substance from that standpoint.

Seriously though, cats mold themselves after the pioneers. So who the fuck moves you cats?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.