Name an Eminem song better than Yellow Brick Road

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Mel Man, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Straight Fire. Shows Em still def had it around Encore..

Only other Em song coming close is Stan imo
    test
  2. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

Em's not really the type of rapper you could make this type of thread for, based on the fact that he has hundreds of top notch songs that are all interhangable as far as which ones are the best...

cleanin out my closet, difficult, sing for the moment, beautiful, forgot about dre, stimulate, and countless others man. many many other songs.
    test
  3. Mel Man

@thedream2333 Lol, I made you dig up some gems,,,that's what I want, see what other Em tracks ya'll consider "great", not just dope.

Forgot About Dre - Dope af, n def some shit i still bump today, it was like Em's "look at me I'm in the game track" but I prefer YBR..Forgot about dre done played out for me cuz i bumped it so much even though i still love it, YBR hasn't..

Stimulate - Dope af too, n comes pretty close// it's a reflection track like YBR relevant to Em's situation at the time, worthy mention but not as good overall as YBR to me..Stimulate a lil all over the place even though it's a gem, that I cherish every glutton that I punish in my lust is one of my fav em line, but YBR more concise n to the point

Beautiful - Very Dope, maybe even great, but it's Em at a down point, a slump, look how he starts the track "I'm so fuckin depressed"...I like this Em cuz it's real, he shows us where he is with rap n how it affects him n the world/hip hop while reflecting on his life...BUT I prefer Em when he's sharper n raw at the same time not sacrificing content i.e. Stan, YBR, not sombre like Beautiful...My Darling is great too but it's not better then YBR cuz it got a sombre vibe to it like "I dont wanna rapp anymore" ...good mention but naaah YBR>...Beautiful is like a scene at the end of a movie where the main character already lived it, survived it, n is reflecting on his struggle now (where he at now)...YBR is the main character in a critical scene earlier in the movie but the scene shows everything that led to this point like godfather 2 when it shows Don Corleone as a kid played by rob deniro n what he experienced then that led him to where he got now

Difficult - daaamn, this one ain't fair..prob Em's deepest n most honest track,,,perfect Proof track, the lyrics is timeless n amazing. Em didn't even wanna drop it though, n by the time it leaked i think recovery was already out..If Em dropped it in 06/07 when he recorded it it would've been better in the grand scheme of things cuz we'd understand fully how he felt about the death instead of that vague shit he talked in interviews...Again YRB better cuz it isn't depressed Em, even if depressed Em is nice too

Sing For the Moment - Up there too, and arguably a great song, but not better than YRB..It's close tho, similar replay value, but something about YBR is just more polished, more climactic, it's a build up n a lot more personal than Sing for the Moment, more substance too even though Sing for the Moment got substance too..that 3rd verse in SFTM one of Em's best, he could've retired after that track lol..but YBR is better imo

Cleanin out my Closet - Very dope, flows very well with the album (Eminem show) production n content wise but the content doesn't strike me as much..It continues the story of Em n his relationship with his mother both past n present that he introduced on SSLP n elaborated on MMLP ("all I had to do was walk inside a room n pick up a mattress"), but he finally dedicates a whole song about it...it gives us more understanding, n I like that "I would've killed kim n them both, welcome to the eminem show" part...but it ain't on YBR level man, cleaning out my closet is a dope scene in a movie but nowhere near as dope as YBR..to me

some nice picks though
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. thedream2333

thedream2333 Member

I aint mad at anybody saying any one of the tracks listed (including yellow brick road) was Em's best.

but if u want more tracks.... Love You More, These Drugs, Girls, Quitter, I Remember, Renegade are also up there.
    test
  5. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

i never really listened to this song til now... it's kinda weird, him having to tell that whole story to explain that Benzino tape
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    test
  6. ronnie enclade

ronnie enclade Member

anything off of bad meets evil like loud nosies.
    test
  7. Superman70

Superman70 edited

yeah it could be any of at least 15 or 20 songs I think.

Lose Yourself though has to be top 3. I'd put it above YBR.

He has a lot of great stuff outside his solo albums too...Dont Approach Me, Murder Murder, Dead Wrong, Scary Movies
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

and word, Lose Yourself is definitely top 3 Em song.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. Mel Man

woord word nice picks, I love Em underground raw shit but I'm more into the deep introspective shit with dope spitting n a beat when it comes to calling something an artist best work..shit gotta strike me hard the first time i heard it (which alot of em shit do) but gotta continue to strike hard n have crazy replay value...it's why Last Real Nigga Alive is prob my fav Nas track n Regrets or Lost One is my fav Jay track for instance...Even Wu there more deep story telling shit is some of their best i.e A Better Tomorrow as well as the raw back n forth spittin shit i.e. Click, Click

word @ Lose Yourself n Till I Collapse

I love how the beat n tempo just perfectly match the content of the lyrics as the song goes on (YBR) brilliant

Em could never make another song like this...telling stories, effortlessly switching flows, sometimes I underrate dude now that I'm listenin back to his old shit
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  10. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

YBR is an amazing track, yes. Others than can compete to it may be Stan (that shit was probably Em's best attempt at crossing pop with rap) & If I Had...

Fuck, I love "If I Had...", it was the first Em's song that got me all emotional, everything just clicked and everything worked, the singing, the beat, the lyricism, the flow, everything. I like it better than "Rock Bottom". 10/10 and it was 100% raw.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

luv this song

top 15 em song for me
    test
  12. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Rock Bottom

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test