Name a rapper in history whos put out more dope shit than Nas

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

he must not of heard ether.
    test
  2. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

that's too literal an interpretation

just because someone comes off much better in a beef doesn't mean the other's career has to be over
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

as far as battling, Nas destroyed him lyrically. No one on earth thinks Nas ended Jay's career.
    test
  4. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

I'm not going to dismiss Nas's lyrical ability... but to say he was extremely better than Jay? I mean... maybe slightly... but Jay wasn't that bad lyrically to be destroyed.

" Nigga; you ain't live it you witnessed it from your folks pad
    You scribbled in your notepad and created your life
    I showed you your first tec on tour with Large Professor
    (Me, that's who!) Then I heard your album bout your tec on your dresser"

But we agree to disagree then...
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I know you all know that jay is one of the best writers ever......nas is too but jay speaks to people and has people wishing they were him rap wise.....nas is great to, but he can't work the biz boundaries like jay......

The beef thing was not a huge beef I think jay was helping nas regenerate his ability
    test
  6. platinumstatz

platinumstatz Member

I dont know, 2pac put out a lot of content. Gotta lotta respect for nas though.. he has survived along time in this game.
    test
  7. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

true, i like that jay has done more than survive in it though……he has been one of its guiding forces
    test
  8. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

The proper rappers rate nas higher, hes the one people compare themselves to or say is goat. Rakim, krs and nas are the real heads #1 choices on the whole. Jay isnt a better rapper than nas.
    test
  9. ThatsNotMyName

What's a proper rapper?
    test
  10. ThatsNotMyName

Is there an invisible book that only some rappers and fans know about call "This is what hip hop is and if you are not like this then you ain't hip hop"?
    test
  11. RamosJose

RamosJose New Member

Nas is my favorite rapper of all-time.
    Just my personal opinion.
    And even if you don't like the man, you have to recognize that the man has been consistent as hell. Much more consistent than the majority of today's rappers. I can list his catalog, but it's already been posted... numerous time. Just a look at his resume and you should see that he's AT LEAST in the discussion for G.O.A.T.
    Btw, Life Is Good is a dope album, for those who haven't heard it. A few wack tracks, but the dope songs overwhem them.
    test
  12. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

a proper rapper odes he act and dress like a gentleman?……..ands show me where he says that nas is the best ever, I have heard hima say stuff bout em but you seem to have that delusional knowledge which makes you sound like rain man but minus the brain power,,,,,,

proper rapper might be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard here, what do you think of andre 300, and scarface
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

also describe what is real……and what is your basis for nas being beyyer than jay cuz the rappers who agree with your opinion aren’t real for that reason…….real heads have never told me nas is the best rapper……..so your boy from down the alley is not any kinda real no matter how it agrees with you….you speak for u, not others, and no one takes you serious
    test
  14. ThatsNotMyName

"Btw, Life Is Good is a dope album, for those who haven't heard it. A few wack tracks, but the dope songs overwhem them. "

Again Nas fans putting excuses and trying to call a decent album a dope one.
    test
  15. RamosJose

RamosJose New Member

"Again Nas fans putting excuses and trying to call a decent album a dope one."

So let me get this straight,
    If an album has a few wack tracks, it's automatically disqualified from being dope? You make absolutely no sense, to be honest. I ain't claiming the album is some holy grail of hip-hop, but there's a number of tracks on there that are legitimately dope as hell; Loco-Motive being one of them.
    test
  16. ThatsNotMyName

It has a couple dope tracks... so it ain't a dope album. And at the end of the day... would you put the album 3 mics?
    test
  17. RamosJose

RamosJose New Member

I'd have no issue with 3 mics.
    Like I said, it ain't a classic. So of course it ain't a 4.5-5 mic album, but it's dope none-the-less. I guess it's more of what type of style you like. But if you're a fan of Nas and his earlier work, you'd be comfortable with a few tracks that bring you back to his earlier years.
    test
  18. WeezyJColeFan

WeezyJColeFan Active Member

"Life Is Good" is just like any other Nas album in existence.

As in, boring as fuck.
    test
  19. Blaqrhythm

Blaqrhythm New Member

I've read almost every post.... amazed some people actually say Nas has no flow, no voice, or doesnt switch up his flow, they obviously haven't listened to his catalogue

Any way as far as the Jay-z/Nas comparisons......lol

Nas is YOUR favorite rappers favorite rapper.... including Jay-Z

Case closed
    test
  20. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

the most boring part of Nas' album was the rick ross verse.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.