Name a rapper from the south and I will tell you why he is garbage.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by www.RapMusic.com, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chi-City

Chi-City New Member

How about SkillZ aint he from VA or the south somewhere?
    test
  2. lone1

lone1 Illegitimate Lyricist

He's from VA...his first release was titled "From Where?"
    test
  3. CLEEN

CLEEN wavy hair & gold teeth

I think people hate on the south because we too deep!! When the east coast was running shit, NY dominated, no n.iggas from philly, boston etc...When the west coast had it, it was ALL LA, no Oakland, Sacramento etc...The south cats from damn near EVERY state in the south who gets airplay

Georgia - do i have to name any?
    Florida - Trick
    Carolina - Petey
    Virginia - Timbaland, Missy, Neptunes
    Kentucky - Nappy Roots
    Mississippi - Banner
    Louisiana - Cash Money, No Limit
    Texas - Slim Thug, Mike Jones
    Tennessee -Three Six

Hell the only states missing is Arkansas, Alabama and Oklahoma (if they are the south)

We just overwhelming yall cats!!!
    test
  4. Chi-City

Chi-City New Member

They dont' hate because your deep haha. They hate cause your rap is commercial and has no real meaning to it most the time. Not that I care I enjoy all music, I'm pretty open minded with my music. I can't see myself freaking some girl in the club to some underground hip hop. I can see my self chilling relaxing to it though. I guess people that aren't from the south have a more I'm a dick mentality. Rude and Blunt with it. The south is chill and cool.
    test
  5. mike ockburns

mike ockburns New Member

The one thing your missing is that I never said I liked them, I said they aren't garbage. They're average. And Papoose holds the "underground" title too.
    test
  6. Young Marc

Young Marc AKA Jae Skrilla

yea I feel what yall sayin' CLEEN and Konscious

I retract my earlier statement cuz I do know some n.iggas wit' southern accents and what not I guess I just haven't been outta the 757 that much

but yea I just wanted to know if VA is south or not
    test
  7. Young Marc

Young Marc AKA Jae Skrilla

I know alotta' New York and Philly cats move to VA cuz alotta' my n.iggas is from there
    test
  8. makaveli_13/09

makaveli_13/09 Nobody shoots at Santa!

I know you said only one artist or group at a time but fuck it, here's a list of good/average rappers from the South,now try and convince me that they are garbage:

Master P
    Nappy Roots
    Trick Daddy
    Juvenile
    Geto Boys
    Ludacris
    Goodie Mob
    Lil Wayne
    Soulja Slim
    Mystikal
    test
  9. JD4REAL

JD4REAL Keepin' it 100

Awready.

And I don't mind when someone from the East or wherever 4 that matter calls what I/we listen to 'Garbage'. There's a reason why we call it 'Dirty' so yeah I listen & luv that filthy, stinkin', garbage.
    Gonna stay true and bang screw.
    test
  10. IDOL-ONE

IDOL-ONE New Member

I Agree/disagree

Yo....I'm an Old Skool, Boggie Down Bronx, born, and bred in Hip Hop culture from it's birth in da streetz of da Bronx when nobody outside the ghetto gave a damn about us and our catastrophic social demise.

I've witnessed Hip Hop from it's creation until now and have mixed feelings about the direction it's being led to by the media (MTV, VH1, BET) When Hip Hop started out it was a social statement made by the youth of the day telling the rest of society that had forgotten about us (politicians, religious leaders, suburbanites, etc.) that "Hey F@#K YOU...WE DON'T NEED YOU AND WE DON'T WANT YOU...WE HAVE OUR OWN THING".

The same people who dissed our culture back then are now the same ones on Hip Hop's bandwagon. The reason why NYC holds such a "Hip Hop's Mine and only Mine" mentality is because during the late 60's and early 70's the city especially Da Bronx was turning into americas worst ghetto in history with a mass exodus that left us looking like an atom bomb had dropped on us with gangs, money hungry landlord jews, and corrupt politicians f#$king sh!t up!

Hip Hop, many don't realize had it's roots in gang culture with guys like Afrika Baambatta who was a warlord for a gang in Da Bronx known as the Black Spades would spin records and turn block parties out with his spinning of funky techno beats and old skool James Brown anthems (Beats) this cat was and still is one of the most underatted pioneers in Hip Hop history.

So you see we had to deal with no money, no air play, no community (political) support, police abuse, and so on, and so on, just to be able get this culture off the ground. Hip Hop is much more than just Rapping, it's also about Writing (Grafitti) Break Dancing, Style (clothes) DJ'ing, Lingo, etc. This was our way of urban retreat, trying to get our minds off of all the negativity we were subjected to day in, and day out in americas #1 hustlin capital NYC.

I could go on for days about the history of Hip Hop but I'll save that knowledge for another place and time.

To get to the point of your post about why Southern rappers are whack, I must admit that there are a good majority that suck yet there are a good majority of NYC, Phila, Bosotn, DC, Mid West, and West Coast rappers that suck too.

It's so F#$ked up that the south is being portrayed as a bunch of ignorant, no sense, alwayz drunk and horny muthaf@#kas with an IQ of 30 who only talk about rims, hoes, and clubs. The south has so much history in it's culture, postive history, especially the civil rights movement, yet B.E.T (which is owned by Viacom of which it's CEO is Sumner Redstone a white man who knows SH!t about our culture.) allows this platform of ignorance to prevail just for the sake of the almighty $$$$$$$

The South has much more to provide us with, than just crunk and that d!ckhead LiL'Jon, there are great poets in the south who go unoticed because of the systematic plots put in place by the powers that be (media, record labels, etc.) to keep our people in ignorance and darkeness in turn posting stuff like this trying to ridicule our own brothers and sisters just because their flow is different from NYC.

For your information the South did not create crunk, LL Cool J in his early days was crunkin with "Roc Da Bellz" "My Radio" and "I Need a Beat" listen to those records carefully and you'll hear that repetitive hard crunk sound that the South is now responsible for redefining.

Peace to all,
    IDOL-ONE
    test
  11. BreezyH2O

BreezyH2O New Member

^ good post idol - one, to undergroundII: the south will never leave hip hop and hip hop will never die. Go get you a life and try to make something of it. tell your favorite rapper to get some rythmn and stop rapping about crack all day, and maybe he can sell a record nowadays
    test
  12. StylisticS

StylisticS National Champions

I want everybody that hates the south to read this mans post over and over and over again until its embedded in your brain.
    test
  13. StylisticS

StylisticS National Champions

The south has been doing crunk though for just about the same time mainly Memphis. The shit Atlanta is doing now is not what they came out with in the 90s. Atlantas style of crunk is basically an extension of Memphis style which came out in the 80s.
    test
  14. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

^neither do outkast really..........but they are, virginia is a southern state idiot and you people, just cause you're from up north have no right to bash a whole region. the south is a whole different mindstate than the north, and if you've never experienced it, then you dont know what you're talking about.....seriously.

trick daddy
    ludacris
    scarface
    outkast
    bun-b
    pimp-c
    ugk as a group
    t.i.
    and dont sit and pretend that you and your homies dont ride around bangin' out to some mike jones and that everytime you're at a school dance or a club that you don't throw your hands up everytime get low comes on. fucking hatin' ass, charlie brown haircut havin', two toned socks wearin', cant spell his own name with a copy of his birthcertificate in front of him muthafucka. haha. fuck you, i love the north and the west and the midwest and whatever other regions there are, i have no hate in my heart and it's sad that you sit and hate on rappers endlessly, when,even if they do suck, they still have more talent that you. asshole
    test
  15. www.RapMusic.com

www.RapMusic.com New Member

You hicks, don't think that I'm finished with this thread. I'm still formulating my responses. Continue on!
    test
  16. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

My guess is you'll be taking a long time formulating them. It's kind of hard arguing stereotypes because there are always exceptions to your rule.
    test
  17. www.RapMusic.com

test
  18. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

lol...

"I'm still formulating my responses"...3 days later.

dude needs to do his research cuz he doesn't know who most of the dope artists named are.
    test
  19. www.RapMusic.com

No... Dude has a life outside of RM, unlike some on here. Dude will reply to this thread when he has nothing else better to do.
    test
  20. Villemami

Villemami New Member

FUCK U.... get sum friends n go outside n play instead of tryin 2 fuck wit older pple that kno WAY more bout hip hop than ull kno... hater :attitude: u dont kno half bout the south
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.