Name a rapper from the south and I will tell you why he is garbage.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by www.RapMusic.com, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilfHunter

MilfHunter dear mr toliet im da shit

like 85% of southern rappers suck when it comes to lyrics
    test
  2. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

im sorry to say but the majority of dirty south rappers are wack..

i flip the channel everytime i see a LIL JOHn, LIL SCRAPPY, PAUL WALL (kinda name is that), MIKE JONES, 8BALL MJG, BOyZ IN THE HOOD....YOUNGBLOODZ

the south is extremely wack...very wack.

All of a sudden I'm liking the DIPSET.
    test
  3. MilfHunter

lil flip is alright...
    test
  4. GaSol

GaSol I'm A Workaholic

shouldn't this thread be titled, "Name A Rapper from the South and I will Tell You Why He Don't Give A Fuck About Your Opinion"...?

how can you say no one from the South, except Kast and Face, is tight? there's a lot more tight cats down here than them, your favorite rapper's favorite rapper might be from the South, Jay-Z's favorite group is UGK, one of Common's favorite is Cee-lo...and yeah, I understand some might not like his voice, but you can't say he's wack just off voice, "ignorance is bliss, but ignorance is just so muthaphuckin ignorant that you may be ignorant of this..", that's dope as fuck, no matter the voice...

UGK (Bun-B has never been off beat in his career,, he kills the track every time he gets on it)
    8Ball & MJG (listen to MJG on Living Legends and tell me he aint killin it)
    Cee-Lo/Goodie Mob
    Trick Daddy
    Ludacris (best flow/charisma in the game now)
    T.I. (Pharrell said it best, Jay-Z of the South)
    Young Buck (not a lyricist, but dropped a good ass album and speaks on real shit)
    Devin the Dude (the best "regular-dude rapper" out, funny as shit)
    Lil Wayne
    Juvenile
    Outkast (best group in hip-hop, period.)
    Scarface/Geto Boys
    Field Mob
    etc, etc..

how you gonna say a cat that spit this is wack, just cause he from the South-

"my home base is a place that's retardedy crunk/ where the bass will displace a part of ya trunk/ where we don't be breakin like Rock Steady/ we bump that shit that be shakin ya box Chevy/the cops heavy in the hood/ tradin fetti for the goods/ see pigs raid ya location/ then ya paid ya probation/ now they got the doe and the dope/ all you got is soap on a rope/ some hope that ya folk/ will send cheese for ya commisary, NOPE!/ now you gettin loans with no promissary note/ and I promise every quote is the muthafuckin truth/ the facts of life/ carried on these tracks I write/ waking up shivering wit no gas or lights/ Georgia Power be like, "You better ask polite/ if you wanna survive then have the cash by night",/ cuz they don't give a fuck about your health/ they just give a fuck about they wealth/ this is America, home of capitalism/ don't you know they got us trapped in a system/ you the only one that gives a fuck about yourself..."

you prolly don't even know who that is cause you just diss the South without even listening first...
    test
  5. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

forgot about Chamillionaire..he's real dope, just needs to blow.
    test
  6. Parental_Advisory

Parental_Advisory Click Click Pow

Eightball & MJG are FAR from wack...shit, they had one of the BEST albums of 2004...
    test
  7. quotive

quotive 3

lol I used to hate the south, but I absolutely respect the talent...

Mike Jones, Lil' Jon and Paul Wall suck.. but thats not it.

I like
    Bubba Sparxxx (Tell me why this ill dude is whack? Cuz he's white, and country? lol Dude has an ill flow with lyrics most NY cats can't write)
    T.I.
    Bun B
    8Ball & MJG
    Little Brother
    Cee-Lo (His voice? Have you heard his fuckin' lyrics?)
    Young Buck (Dope... fuck G-Unit.. this cat is the truth)
    Lil' Wayne (Dopest flow, ill lyrics... a young Jay-Z)

just tell me why Bubba Sparxxx and Bun B are whack though, I'd love to hear your reasons..
    test
  8. IN-feKt

IN-feKt Northern Affiliate

Cunninglynguists
    Little Brother
    Ludacris
    Geto Boys
    Nappy Roots
    Goodie Mobb

theres lots of good south acts...just like every part of the country theres more wack hiphop than dope hiphop, though. But still, aint no reason for hating on one region...
    test
  9. quotive

quotive 3

^ Forgot about Nappy Roots, just put in their cd... ill shit...

I forgot one of my favorite...
    Killer Mike? Outkast likes him...
    same for Bubba Sparxxx : ) lol
    test
  10. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

I think the original poster got in a little over his head. (He hasn't responded in a long time)
    test
  11. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I used to live in VA Beach... used to stomp through the whole Hampton Roads area... Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, etc... and they all have southern accents... they're are a lot of "wanna-be New Yorkers" in that area, just like in B-more, but they can't get it right.

VA is a southern state... Richmond, VA was once the capital of the Confederacy... it's below the Mason-Dixon line, which stretches under MD and the Ohio River valley. Hell, the original "southern belles" were from VA.

It's east coast, too, because it borders the Atlantic Ocean, just like NC, SC, and FL... but it's still southern.
    test
  12. StylisticS

StylisticS National Champions

you havent even heard 85% of southern rappers so stfu.
    test
  13. CLEEN

CLEEN wavy hair & gold teeth

exactly...why so much hate on the south? i think people are just mad that they're not from down here.....that they used to make fun of us and shit, but now all these southern n.iggas are gettin this money!!!
    test
  14. MilfHunter

u seem angry
    test
  15. CLEEN

CLEEN wavy hair & gold teeth

N.igga VA's culture is southern!!! Its n.iggas from Hampton Roads, Richmond, No.VA that changed up...ALL of the small cities in VA are still southern and proud of that shit....u from chesapeake? remember back in the day yall used to call us country ass n.iggas and bammas an shit because of all the ny *****s that live there? we NEVER changed.....we need somebody from a smaller city in VA to rep for us like Petey doing for Carolina....
    test
  16. MilfHunter

if virgina counts as the south u cant forget about DZK.lol he is doper than like....a lot other ppl.really this guy is disgusting.

DZK>everyone mentioned so far
    and no i dont ride his balls or w/e u kids say these days
    test
  17. Loctan

Loctan New Member

Get yo bitch ass in here and respond.
    test
  18. Butfuklo

Butfuklo New Member

UndergroundII has died.
    test
  19. Mist

Mist Micnificent

the south is the new west coast
    test
  20. lone1

lone1 Illegitimate Lyricist

Texas rep...but I listen to underground music...but I listen to everything and respect where everybody comes from and likes...there is really no reason to just start hating on some ish just because you don't feel it...totally disrespectful.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.