N.E. ~ Round 3 ~ 14. Millz -vs- 2. Tali Rodriguez

Discussion in 'RSTL Grudge Matches and Tournaments' started by DiC GeTs GuLLy, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

[​IMG]

RSTL RULES AND REGULATIONS

RULES AND REGULATIONS - THERE'S SOME NEW SHIT SO CLICK AND READ

The Standard League Rules will still be Enforced

• Check-in (Posting in your match to show that you are aware the match exists) is encouraged but not required.
    • Verses must incorporate at least one of the provided topics and must be at least 16 lines and must not exceed 64 lines.
    • Anyone who does not post at least 4 rap lines, incorporating at least one of the provided topics, is considered a no-show.
    • During check-in, you can ask your opponent to agree to a line limit (Minimum 16) and if your opponent agrees, Moderators will hold both participants to that limit.
    • Posting between 4-15 lines is considered a “show” but will not result in a match. If you post 4-15 lines, and your opponent posts between 16-64, you will lose the match but you will remain in the league. If you post 4-15 lines, and your opponent does not show, you will “Win by no-show”.

Voting:
    • If you do not show you can’t vote in any matches. .
    • No bias votes! If you have a personal investment in wanting someone to lose, whether because that member voted against you once, or you just don’t like that person, whatever the reason, do not vote in the match. If have a personal investment in wanting someone to win, whether because they’re crew member, or because you want to face that person in the next week’s brackets, whatever the reason, do not vote in the match.
    • ”Bias” must be confirmed by a Moderator.
    • 3-ways are inevitable. In order to provide a tie-breaker in a 3-way, you are now required to indicate in what order the contestants finished (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
      anyone who does not show or vote is suspended one week and must sign-in again to be inserted the following week.

Topics: http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1033017

From now on if you don't vote in the tournament and win your match, you will be deducted a vote from your next match for every vote didn't give the previous week. If you show late and your partner allows the extension as long as it’s less than a day late, it can count, but you will be deducted 2 votes for showing late regardless.

These rules will be put in effect starting now and won’t be modified again. I’m not bending or breaking anymore rules for anybody.

Must READ: You must pick one of each topic to give your opponent some protection from choices and also so there isn't several verses written on the same topic that everyone has picked to be used.

So pick one of the Title and Phrases, one of the Quotes and one of the Pics for your opponent.

Thursday is the deadline for choosing topics or your opponent will get to pick their own topic. Topical choices must be posted in match threads by deadline.

All other rules that are applied in the league will also be enforced for regulating the tournament. If you're not familiar with the rules of the RSTL, please read them.

The only difference will be that in this tournament, your opponent will get to pick your topics for you. Topics must be picked and posted within the match thread within 1 day. If it's not posted, the opponent of the person that didn't pick a topic in time will get to choose his/her own topic. You must choose one of each kind of topic for some variety.

So... topics will be up Wednesday 12am PST every week and topical choices are due Thursday 12am PST and verses are due Monday 12am PST, 3am EST, 8am Greenwich with votes due Wednesday 12 am PST, 3am EST, 8am Greenwich

Also, there will be no recycling allowed. Nothing you've ever posted anywhere online will be allowed. The mods will be checking verses for authenticity with online search engines.

test
  2. TaLi RodrigueZ

TaLi RodrigueZ Washed Up Rapper...

test
  3. _millz_

_millz_ New Member

good luck pal
    test
  4. TaLi RodrigueZ

Something different...Interpret as you wish...Written to sloooow beat...

I’m trapped…

Within the densely packed matrix of this ageless arrangement
    Strapped with the patience of an fresh inmate awaiting arraignment
    Cracking the pavement cause’ every step that I take is a payment
    For anything or any being that I may have maimed on this strange trip
    Plainly stated…I’m burdened but passing the blame is aimless
    So I stow it away in my brain, on a daily basis I’m faced with
    The prospect of making sense of this mess, tracing its logic
    Embracing the wraith of fate without the faith of a prophet
    And extracting a purpose to lead my way through this mosh pit
    Scratching the surface of the subjective while not defacing the object
    The lock that enslaves me is guarded by the craziest goblins
    If I escape, then they decay, therefore they’ve abated all locksmiths
    As I wade through their nonsense; I find conditions less soothing
    Cause every day that I’m awake, all their contradictions consume me

On one hand, they beg for permission to groom me
    Turn me into one of those leading guys you see depicted in movies
    Equipped with a truly remarkable sense of ambition, who always
    Finds himself in positions to transcend the attrition around him
    Surrounded by women, no need for wishing to pound them
    They’ll sport their hiking boots as soon as he hits the tip of the mountain

On the other hand, they beg me to stay humble and timid
    They can relate to the person who always fumbles and fidgets
    Who lacks the conviction needed to find his spot and then claim it
    Who accomplishes awesome feats, that all too often, are tainted
    With shame for the fact that he frequently succeeds when most fail
    He doesn’t feel that he’s earned it so he journeys the seas with no sail

The currents are ever-changing, one day I’m headed east bound
    The next, I’m headed west, it seems this trek will never cease
    How am I meant to heed direction? All these demons need affection
    When I peek into my psyche, all I glean is their reflections
    Laughing at me, fat and happy, all completely free of tension
    While I sleep with acceptance briefly and breed the rejection
    That eats me alive; a piece of the pie is all that I’m sneaking
    So why are they intent on keeping me so uneasy inside?
    At this juncture of my measly life, all I seek is ‘the why’
    Why are the people that I peep through these eyes increasingly wry?
    Maybe they try to find their meaning in the words that I’ve written
    And every time I speak my mind, they’re on a search for some wisdom
    But check this out, listen closely, I only want you to see
    I’m an imperfect version of the person that ya’ll want me to be
    And as long as I stay in this cage, it all seems silly to me
    Because until I discover who I am, I'll never really be free

test
  5. _millz_

_millz_ New Member

yo tali is it cool with you if im a little bit late...i have had a busy week with school and work...and am workin on writing this right now...i will have it up before the morning definately...but to finish in 1 hour would be a total rush
    test
  6. _millz_

_millz_ New Member

man im truly sorry bro........but ima post this before noon in the morning....ill take whatever penalties yall decide to give...but im not gonna no show you....its been a rough week for me...hope you can understand that
    test
  7. TaLi RodrigueZ

Go..I don't really mind..Just drop something lol

Replying to what you said below

It's all good man. I like your writing and I wanted to see what you'd come up with. Plus, I'm pretty anti-tournament nowadays because of the way people no show, and if someone is going to drop something against me, even if it's late, I'd rather have that than move on for doing nothing. Anyways, I hope you find some time this year to pop into the league for a while. You're a damn good writer.
    test
  8. _millz_

_millz_ New Member

Pictures of the Past

As the sun grazed the horizon its rays had met the room,
    and I opened my eyes when I caught the scent of you.
    There you were smiling, staring with your plum eyes,
    with your hair as always styled in golden locks of sunshine.
    The sunrise reflected the essence of your gentle amber tones,
    and I had felt defenseless with your hand in my hands control.
    As my better half your personality defined perfection
    every second lasted an eternitiy...
    ...but eternity went by in seconds
    We beat to our own drums from happiness on through pain
    as every moment scrypted our symphony on lifes page.
    We scurried to the mall. I was amazed by the dress you bought
    to wear for our dinner for two at our favorite restaurant.
    We dinned by candlelight in a room that only was ours,
    and kissed so gently as we danced slowly for hours.
    I lived admist a blessing from heaven on the tips of paradise,
    but as we headed home we crashed upon the arrant night.
    The tires screamed of agony, the windshield gave a violent flex,
    and we spun upon a tree whose branch bore inside your neck.
    Demons began to smother you and I attempted to fight them off
    but I noticed the car beside us, and saw its lights were off.
    I called for help, and began my attempts to revive you
    but as the medics had feared you were dead on arrival.
    The drunk man was cuffed, knowing that he stared at doom.
    The police then drove me home, suffering no apparent wounds.
    As I opened the door, I followed the rose pedals up the stairs
    to our bedroom lit with candles, and gently I clutched the air.
    As the blood from your face seemed to mesh with my tears
    I danced to our song, wishing with every breath you were here.
    As I feel to me knees all the pain bore through my eyes when
    I reached in my pocket, and gently pulled out a diamond.
    I cried myself to sleep, in agony I fought off the sorrow
    because "The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow."

and I prayed that tomorrow would never come.

test
  9. _millz_

_millz_ New Member

tali...thank you for being so patient for me...its really appreciated man..i got nothing but the most respect for you...Ive been a fan for a long time now..and its an honor to even get this chance to go up against you

^Look Up lol^
    test
  10. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Tali, pretty expressive in a modest tone like usual per a personal topical theme. Flow scheme was pretty cool... started dope with some lines that had getting into the content just cuz the flow was dope.... weird how that happens, but the content carried it as the flow stopped being such a focal point. I liked the way this was broken down with the different sides of a the same coin kind of theology that was very relateable. It all went together smoothly, which is difficult in topicals sometimes and I didn't find anything in it redundant or over drawn within the theme.... In a couple of places you did the 3 line flow, which I've never beena fan of really, but the piece cointinued in a nice flow through it so that's that. I usually like examples of the different circumstances or w/e when a topical is done on reflections of like, but this wasn't really vague, it was clear and detailed enough without that. Nicely done

Millz, this was very very emotional and a nicely developed love tradgedy. The flow was nice and weird at some points, but it kept a dope narration to follow the rhymes and it was smooth to read. I liked the romantic ambiance of the setting you made for the storyline, it was pretty easy to follow and detailed some good imagery throughout. When I got to the part of the car accident it came out like an accident should... completely unexpected and turning a peaceful scene into a misery to never be forgotten. The ending was also gripping with the tragic part and the engagement ring I'm guessing even makes it more sad on a Valentines gone horribly scheme. nicely portrayed.....

Vote Tali....

his verse was more complex and his flow was more pronounced in the way he narrated it.... the content of both pieces was well displayed, but Tali had more developed concept it seemed....
    test
  11. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Yeah this was a travesty, millz came out of no where and I thought if there was going to be an upset in the tourny it would be this match here, because I heard great things about him. From what I seen millz you are a very nice writer, it just seems this week, you came up on the short side of things, and I think it' may because the length of your piece didn't allow much depth. I would love to see you around the league sometime man, cos you are a great addition and fit in well.

Tali, this was cool man a bit abstract on the rhyme scheme, I mean some places you had the aa bb aa bb, and some places you had aba aba , so I was like huh, but I figure it's because you need to say a lot and had to stretch the lines out a bit but it was really your last stanza that was abstract. Nonetheless the piece was also cool, a pleasant read, good mechanics.

overall tali just wrote a better piece
    test
  12. ConstantFlows

ConstantFlows New Member

Man I lost my vote

The line limit sucks man, and I'm to angry to submit a modest vote now

Tali -- I called u mrstatsman and called u good@comparing things which made the verse very dope becuase u examined multiples angles to the two sides of things. It was a self growing piece and I vibed, nice shit. Only thing is, to me, at the end ur rhymes started feeling forced

Millz -- ok, I read the other votes because I read this battle the other day and have already had my mind madew up and I disagree with the vote that says the line limit hurt u, because, as much beautiful language u brought to the table, in retrospect, the actual sotry wasn't anything, and a longer line limit would've let u further convulute it. So in this particular case I just can't see u winning, I mean It was one cliche thing after the next, the only thing u did different was provide beautifully stunning language to coat the imagery, words like arrant lol. Don't get this wrong, I love the ability to utilize language and it had me going for about half ur piece but as soon as dinner finished, and then the car accident, and then the rose pedals to the room and the diamond it was like 'can't I get an old book and an empty can on the fish hook too?'

Personally speaking of course
    But once again u have a very vivid way with words and once u can channel (rather, DO channel) that into a more creative piece ull be monsterous

Vote tali
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.