My workout routine.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LeKCheR, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

Monday- Chest

Tuesday- Bi

Wed-Shoulders

Thursday- Tris

Friday- Back

Saturday- Legs(or a a pump up)

This is been my routine for awhile now and Ive shown great results doing so.
    test
  2. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I am trying a new routine
    mine is something like this....

Monday: chest and Biceps

Tuesday:20 minute cardio and abs

Wednesday: legs and shoulders

Thursday 20 minute cardio and abs

Friday: Back and Triceps

Saturday: Rest

Sunday :Rest
    test
  3. wii...

wii... Baaaarrrrrrg

That's the same routine I follow, but sometimes I just work my back and shoulders on the same day if I have the time.
    test
  4. Bonnie Bathory

Bonnie Bathory New Member

this isnt a concrete schedule, I do work out twice a day everyday but its just an example of the kinda days I plan for myself

Sunday - 30 min TaeBo cardio DVD & 30 min bellydancing (arms & abs) AM - 60 min basketball PM

Monday - 30 min TaeBo cardio DVD & 30 min bellydancing (hips, thighs & glutes) AM - 60 minute reggae dance cardio DVD & 5 minute abs DVD PM

Tuesday - 60 min Carmen Electra aerobic strip tease DVD AM - 30 minute cardio outdoors PM

Wed - 60 min bootcamp workout DVD (arms & abs) AM - 30 minute cardio outdoors PM

Thursday - 30 minute cardio @ gym, 30 minutes legs & glutes on machines AM - 30 minute pilates DVD PM

Friday - 60 minute salsa instruction DVD AM - a few hours of dancing @ the club PM

Saturday - 4 mile walk or 60 minute hike AM - 60 min basketball PM

All of it followed w/ 10 or so minutes of stretching. I been at this for about two months... I duno how much weight I've lost, I dont own a scale, but my measurements have been progressively been reducing, I've lost 2" in most areas and almost 4" in my ass... and I have a lot of fun. I think I'da had faster progress if I hadn't been such an avid boozer last month, pretty much everyday and I have only drank a few times this month so I've been losing it faster... this is gonna change though considering Im not going to have as much free time as of next week because my work schedule will change to full time for three weeks, as soon as its part time though I'll prolly get back to this. I hope its not bad I work out this often I just have such a blast doing it... sounds fun right? it is
    test
  5. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

um your going a bit overboard you should tone it down a bit in the pic you show your face still has flesh on it if you really trained that much your face would be like skeletor and your would have rips in your bicep.

do you have a slow metabolism? and how is your diet?
    test
  6. Bonnie Bathory

Bonnie Bathory New Member

my diet last month was total crap, like i said... i drank prolly about a 6 pack a day of beer and maybe more and ate a shit load of fast food... this month i havent drank much but water... i have been eating shitty still but not so much bad food as not enough cuz I'm broke... i really do workout that much but i dont feel exerted or burned out at all from it... i duno what my metabolism is in comparison to others'... anyway I kinda had the feeling someone was gonna tell me Im nuts... I prolly am... just had too much spare time the last few months from not workin full-time and my dad got cancer and i pretty much didnt wanna sit around and do nothin... how much time do u suggest I cut back and what do u suggest I do to replace that time, any ideas
    test
  7. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I have just started working out seriously, since I signed up at a gym. For the last 6-8 years, I have (INCONSISTENTLY) done push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, calf raises, and dumbell arm curls at my house, and that is about it.

I am still trying to figure out what works best...for the last week and a half, I have been going to the gym almost every other day, and I usually work on whatever isn't sore that day, whether it's legs, stomach, arms, chest, etc. etc. I have heard that you should always wait a day after working out, but I don't know if it is better to focus on one area every day, or to just do everything in one day. I know I was sorta tired yesterday after doin everything together for the first time, but I feel all right today (so far...I'll give it a few hours before I judge though).
    test
  8. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

Heres one thing you NEVER DO and thats work out the same muslce everyday..

You gotta let the muscles heal so you gotta pick 1(or 2) Body parts a day
    test
  9. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

and never do everything in one day..
    test
  10. R-Tistic

That makes sense, I've heard that since high school. So my question is...is it bad to work on a grip of different muscles in the same day, then take a break and do nothing the next day, then do everything again the next day? If so, is there any kind of supplement such as protein shakes or anything I should drink before I work out that will help?
    test
  11. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

Na dont do that look how my routine is all different muscles a day, thats the best thing to do..

And yes you must have protein to grow thats MUST HAVE.

You can eat Chicken Breast,eggwhite(from a boiled egg),whey protein,fish...

Hope this helps bro if you need anything else lemme know!
    test
  12. R-Tistic

Thanks man. Yeah I just got serious about it...I am 21, and never played a sport at my high school so I never really had to train or lift.

I don't even think I am ready to try bench pressin yet...I am 5'4 and 135, but I don't even think I could max at 60 right now. I haven't tried it though, I think I need to train just to hit the damm bench.
    test
  13. R-Tistic

Also...with push-ups, are those ok to do every day? I heard they are, but I'm not sure.
    test
  14. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

You just gotta start small make sure you keep ur form right dont ever try to over do it where ur form gets all screwed up and you hurt urself..And no dont do push ups everyday.

The only muscles u can really do everyday are abs,forearms, and Calves.
    test
  15. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

and push ups are pretty much for your chest if you wernt sure.
    test
  16. R-Tistic

All right cool. Yeah, I used to think push-ups were for arms when I was younger but I realized I felt it most in my chest around 9th or 10th grade. I used to hate the hell outta em, but you can do more than you did the previous day almost every single day you do them.

I am just trying to stay consistent, and I am trying to estimate how much stronger I will get. If I am only bench pressin 40-50 right now (probably more but I am just guessing because I know it's low as hell), I would expect to make it anywhere from 70-100 by the end of July or mid-August, depending on how much I do it. I take it that push-ups will at least prepare me for the bench.
    test
  17. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

you can do full body workouts thats what football players do 2 times a week...but its not for sure your will have a monsterous body...thats why you do bodybuilding to build the size and look of your muscles...i used to do circuit training and some fighters respond differently some look like body builders after they do full body workouts 2 times to 3 times a week and some look like your average joe.

I am doing split training 2 weeks and then i do a full body 1 week just to switch it up

so i do splits for say 2 to 3 weeks...and then i do 1 week of circuit training 2 times that week.

I always do cardio at least 3 to 4 times a week.
    test
  18. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

If your actually trying to build them up to full you dont do full body because all ur doing is tiring urself out and you wont be able to work on some muscles fully.
    test
  19. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya its mainly for endurance and muscle stamina and cardio

circuit training is tough as nails though its tougher then split training...but i actually cant stand doing legs one day and then chest another and then back...it makes me board cause you have to focus on fatiguing the muscle till it cant lift.

I get so board of that....but i have to do that if i wanna put muscle back on my chest.
    test
  20. R-Tistic

Damm...what is circuit training?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.