my system @ Cardomain

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by 5 Starre, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5 Starre

5 Starre Big Jaw Entertainemnt

:attitude:
    test
  2. Neo2k3

Neo2k3 Alcaholic

Looks good how much did u pay for all of that?
    test
  3. 5 Starre

bout $1500 for the whole thing
    test
  4. Sawred

Sawred New Member

u got that from best buy...
    test
  5. 5 Starre

did I?
    test
  6. SEIK

SEIK New Member

lmao @ best buy! Looks straight to me playa. Pack some bitches in there and see if they leave your seat wet from the vibration... thats how you tell if you got a good setup!
    test
  7. trifle

trifle New Member

you paid 1500? sorry to hear that.. :(
    test
  8. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

Yea, you definitely overpaid, but really, who cares? I'm sure that shit hits, especially with the open cab, so don't worry about it. We've all overpaid for shit on our car at some point, so take it as a lesson and learn for the next system.

Thay looks like a sony HU, if it is, drop that shit and run. I've had 2 sony's in my cars before, and they both fucking sucked. You should look around ebay for a double din HU, or put like a 7" screen in the spot.
    test
  9. 5 Starre

for the whole thing 1500 aint ovapaid, trust me

an yea it is a sony HU, sony makes shitty amps and subs but thier HUs are nice.
    well dis 1 is any ways.
    test
  10. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

My apologies, I didn't realize we were talking to the "all knowing".

In a demension far far away, sony head units, including the one that you have, fucking suck, and that system would be much cheaper if purchased off of eBay (including shipping). I suggest you dial 9-1-1 immediately, because you got raped. You are now a statistic.
    test
  11. Sawred

Sawred New Member

bro give me your exact set up, 9'1's, i can get them for 60$ p2 for 80 p3 for 100..

i can get your exact system for probably 600-800$ and sony head units blow the cocks
    test
  12. trifle

trifle New Member

Why should I trust you? If you paid 1500 that includes installation, meaning you couldn't do it yourself, meaning you don't know what you're talking about.... You overpaid, I've been in this game for years bro... Based on the equipment I'd probably say that this is a Best Buy deal, I'm not hating on that, just stating my belief

I'm not trying to knock you or nothin but don't continue to flex on this...

I'm not a fan of Sony HU's either, wasn't gonna go into equipment bashing tho... Their old Mobile ES equipment was good, some of their newer mobile ES equip is pretty decent at BEST, you ... do not have a mobile es unit... Sony makes some of the cheapest unreliable HU's I've EVER installed, I've seen a lot go back to the dealers/sony ... A lot of the time with the motorization, skipping, and other issues...

It looks like your amp is an RF 301M, correct me if I'm wrong... subs are RF's new entry-level punch's... HU is maybe the cdx-s2000, not really sure, don't keep up on sony equipment much.... You shoulda gotten the subs around 60 a pop, 50 max for the box, around 100 for the HU, amp for around 135., wiring shit i'll give you 75 for that even though it's more like 40.... add that up for me... under 500 bucks... so you paid 1000 for installation?

And oh yeah, it looks like the previous owner left a windshield banner that says "explorer xlt" on it.... I think that it's kinda redundant since you have an xlt badge on your tailgate, guess you missed that one, might wanna pull it off
    test
  13. BlkX

BlkX New Member

Yea, i woulda paid about $600 for that... For $1500 you coulda had a lot better setup... For about $500 you coulda had a setup that would blow that one away.
    test
  14. trifle

trifle New Member

I think what my boy is trying to say here, is that you should've at least chosen the optional KY to go along with the ass-raping....
    test
  15. 5 Starre

iiight look..

1) trifle, i installed teh fuckin thing myself. been doing it for years

2) ive had other decks in the past, pioneer, pansonic and they fuckin sucked. so i went out n bought a sony (against my beliefs, cuz most sony shit sucks). but i gave it a shot and havent had a pollem. this deck is sick. and as for you pricing breakdown. i can tell you know shit

the subs each about $90 = $180
    the box = $100 - back when i bought it. but i am lookin for a better one.
    the deck $350
    the amp $325
    and wiring about $100

instalation was like 20 bucks for the kit, did it myself

so in total like a 1k max. iight so i was a lil off. lmao it happens.

and to whoever said shot on ebay. fuck that! i hate ebay.

ive had sony amps and i know they fuckin suck.
    but ive had good luck wit the deck, better luck than ive had with top name brands so, my opinion on sony makin good decks stands.

anything else?
    test
  16. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

^^^^^

holy shit you over paid

$100 for a box just go get the wood , carpet and glue and do it yourself for abou $20-$30 depending the size..

and when you buy your wires buy the yard their way cheaper I got 5 gauge power wire with with with matching ground and an inline fuse for $15 and the hardware store my freind has 1 gauge and only paid $30

and at discountcarsteros .com they got power acustic cd,mp3,dvd, decks with video in/out and sub woofer controll for $120 and they sound great I'd take one over a sony any day (I'm bout to replace my sony I got as a gift with a power acustic deck)
    test
  17. Sawred

Sawred New Member

aight, u still way overpaid, and its funny u took your shit down, and yes trifle i am like 80% sure that is a 301m

http://www.cbrstereo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=123

= p1's for 70$ send to sounddomain for a price match = 140$ for 2 with free shipping...

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=1&ManufacturerID=615 = 301m for 150$ my local dealer here has it for 179.99$

we got the amp/subs out of the way...total = 290$ build a box or buy a box, if you know what the hell your doing and you can install yourself, you should be able to make a box...its very easy...box = max 60$ so 350$ we are sitting @...i can get you some wiring i will give u 60$ max...410$

now on 2 the head unit...

i believe he has the m800, i cant tell because he took his shit down...
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=1&ManufacturerID=615 = 250$

we are sitting @ a grand total of 660$ ....and if you install it yourself, your set...

you got 30 days to return it...hope you still have time...because with 1 grand, i can get you a system that will destroy the system U have right now...

and just so you know man...

sony makes nothing good for car audio... they are as low as legacy man.
    test
  18. SEIK

SEIK New Member

Who's got the time to make a box? I bet you can save like 20-30 bucks if you make you own amp too... fuck it.... :cock:
    test
  19. trifle

trifle New Member

[​IMG] back away slowly.....
    test
  20. trifle

trifle New Member

you've been installing for years and haven't figured out equipment that holds up well and don't have a slightly tuned ear yet??? GO YOU!!!

I know shit? you're the one that overpaid son...hahaha... knowing pricing has NOTHING to do with audio knowledge bitch, i got the fucking prices from www.bestbuy.com hahahhaha
    overpaid on the subs....by around 25 bucks a sub.... box, ehhh that's excusable a lot of people overpay on those, can't do much agout it... deck, which f'n deck is that man??? my guess was probably wrong so throw it out there for me...

amp, severely overpaid, you can get it for half of that out of a store, authorized, unless it's not the 301m...

100 for wiring? did you buy fucking platinum coated wire???

sure, wanna keep going?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.