- [ My Short Story ] -

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Psycho69, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho69

Psycho69 A Soul Born In Verse

I've only ever done one story before, and this was one I did at around 3 am in about 1 hour due to being unable to sleep. I thought I'd take a chance and give it a shot... I haven't really edited it much or nothing, so this is basically a rough draft, and I was unsure where else to post this, I wasn't sure if Poetry Realm was appropriate. So, if you get the time to read this, I'd be curious to see your reactions. If I'm any good or not, cause this is unknown territory for me lol.

~ His Heart, Forever Hers ~

By: Michael L. Scott

It’s been nearly 2 years since he’s seen her. He could still recall her scent, the feeling as her hair ran through his fingers like the sands of an hour glass, a moment lost in time, that he has kept reliving. She’d not seem him since 2 summers ago, as it’s winter time now, nearing Christmas. The weather is horrible, almost unbearable already, with a storm still awaiting it’s attack on the area. He’s sitting now, on a bus, halfway to his destination, his destiny. He’s been hoping on this moment ever since the day she’d left. It’s not as if they had a choice. Both were young, with parents unwilling to allow such a relationship to take place, and neither lived nearby. But, today, he had grown sick of the wait.

There’s only so much time you can go without giving into desire. To have someone so far, yet feel so close. She was what gave meaning to life, she had your heart, better yet, she was your heart. You’d have to see it once in awhile, just to be reminded, you’re still alive. What point is there for a heart to beat, unless it has motive, a purpose, a reason to work to keep you alive and going?

He sat there with a smile on his face, as he recalled each memory they had shared together, from their first kiss, to the first time they had exchanged a declaration of their love for one another. To the last phone call they had, the night before, like everyone they have before they declare their love all over again and drift of to sleep where they reunite in their dreams. But, last night, he couldn’t deal with just a voice, he couldn’t deal with knowing she’s out there and loving him, unless he could hold her, feel her, to bathe in the warmth she gave off as he held her close to him. He’d made his mind up, regardless of what his parents would say in the end.

The bus made a quick stop by the highway, as everyone stepped out, a radio in the parking lot, alerted the towns people of a storm nearing by, the worse they’ve seen in years. He thought, at a time like this, not even the coldest wings blowing against him with the strength of a Greek god could hold him back from reaching his true love, or defeat the warmth of her he feels more with each mile he nears her.

He headed into a small shop, giving friendly Hello’s to the elderly couple passing him by, picking up a single red rose. It was one of those crummy looking ones. You know, the type that droops down, looking slightly near death. But, it was better then nothing as he smiled and paid the cashier and headed back on to the bus.

The man sitting next to him, kept interrupting him as he’d stare out the window, in anticipation, feeling like a kid, with the desire to yell out “Are we there yet?” over and over again to the driver.

“I’m going to see my daughter” he said, smiling, “I haven’t seen her in months, since the messy divorce. I got her a porcelain doll for Christmas. Her mother will be mad. But, you know, when your kid wants something, how can you say no. Am I right?”

He gave him a friendly smile and nodded as the man continued on about the reasoning why his wife didn’t want her getting such an expensive and fragile gift. It was because the wife thought, the little girl lacked in keeping an interest in things and was clumsy with most of her things.

“I’m happy for you.” he said as the man smiled back, paused and gave him a look.
    “So, were are you headed to?” the man asked.

He felt like pouring his heart out, and just bragging of what was about to take place, but he didn’t. He was bottling it all up, and waiting to meet the one he was seeing, before doing so. He was saving it all for her.

“Oh, just a girl-- I haven’t seen her in awhile, so it’s going to be great.” he said.

The man glanced down at the rose in his hand, looked back up and gave a friendly smile.

“Wonderful. By the way, my name’s Richard.” as he reached out to shake his hand.
    “I’m Michael, nice to meet you.” he said back.

He turned his head back to the window of the bus again, as they both grew quiet. They’d just gotten onto the highway, while also heading right into the storm that was picking up. He was too caught up in his thoughts to really worry. He didn't feel anything could go wrong at this point. Suddenly, the bus began to swerve slightly to the right, and to the left, zig-zagging along the high way, as car horns beeped loudly from all sides, from front to back. He glanced around as everyone gripped on to something, or to the people sitting next to them, with an expression of worry and fear. All he’d gripped was the rose as he looked out the window and saw a truck swerving and heading straight for the bus, through the thick layers of snow falling.
    test
  2. Psycho69

Part 2.

With a smile, he took a deep breath, holding the rose one hand as he used the other to knock a couple times on the front door. After a nervous wait of a few seconds, that felt like a life time, the door quickly opened.

It was her, the face of the one person, he couldn’t live without out. Holding the rose in his hand, he smiled, trying to think of something to say, but without notice, she grabbed the rose with a smile and wrapped her arms around his neck. All he could muster up to say was “I love you…” and that was enough.

She pulled away enough to look him in the face, with a tear rolling down her cheek.

“I never doubted we’d be together again” she said.
    “I’m never going to leave you… nothing will ever come between us… ever” he said to her as sincerely as anyone could possibly get.

He stepped inside with her as he took off his coat and placed it on the hook, not taking his eyes off of her, as she did the same. As soon as he put down his coat, they began kissing again, more passionately then ever. As if making up for every kiss they’d missed out on for those 2 years.

He embraced her, with his hands around her waist, their tongues danced with each other as if to an erotic song, that wasn’t planning on ending any time soon. No thoughts, no worries, no past or future. They simply were in the moment and dared not imagine ever wanting to leave it. Tugging at his shirt, he helped her as he undid it, while still trying not to have to break the kiss. She moaned as she was pressed up against the bedroom wall, not realizing through all of this, they were also instinctively headed up and in to her bedroom He pressed himself against her, with his hands exploring her body, like native exploring new land, while also enjoying it like a child playing with it’s first ever toy.

Before they knew it, they were laying at the foot of her bed, naked, as he gazed into her eyes as she gazed right back, her legs willingly opened and he was welcomed into her, as he became closer to her, then he’d ever imagined. Loud moans of pleasure passed both of their lips, as he made passionate love to her, for the first time ever.

After it was all through, unaware of how long it lasted, what time of the day it was, or unable to recall any conversation before or after the moment that would live with them forever. They now laid there, together, in each others arms, without a reason to ever feel the need to let go.

As she rested her head against his chest, his heart hadn’t stopped racing, although he was content as ever, knowing his life could end right now, and he’d be happy. He ran a hand through his hair, like he remembered doing those years ago, and smiled as his finger tapped her chin, signaling, as she raised her head and they embraced in another long, kiss.

“I love you.” he said
    “I love you.” she responded, giving him another kiss.

She sighed and laid there in his arms, recalling everything that just happened.

“To think, I’ve spent everyday dreaming of this moment, getting through each day, knowing this would happen… you’re the only reason I’m still here…” he said.

“Now, we can live each day, reliving it… we’ve got each other, and that’s all that matters.” she responded.

“You know, I almost doubted this would ever get to happen. I- I hate to say that I ever had doubts, but I did… and I feel foolish for ever having them. I shouldn‘t of even taken into consideration the idea that I‘d never get to hold you in my arms again..” he said.

He broke eye contact with her for a moment.

“I should’ve just ran away after the first week you were gone… I’m such a fool for delaying the inevitable, especially an outcome that I‘d yearned for so much and for so long… Our parents couldn’t stop us, the distance couldn’t stop us… not even death…” he said.

She looked him at him as he looked back again.

“I’ll always love you…” he said, as he leaned in and kissed her.
    test
  3. Psycho69

Part 3.

Her eyes fluttered open, as she attempted regained her focus back. She looked around the darkened bedroom. She looked to her side, and there was no one beside her. She began rubbing her shoulders, feeling a cold draft, blowing through the slightly opened window as she tried to recall everything.

She could feel the warmth of her tears bathing her face. She was crying, but why? She looked down at the dress she had been wearing. The black dress she has kept to wear to funerals, that anyone would care would never have to happen. As she anxiously looks all around the cold room, noticing the rose by her bedside, she had been holding in her hand as she slept. The same rose which she had dreamt of that he’d given her in the dream, that she so desperately now wanted to believe was real. Realer then this, realer then this cold, lonely, room, where his presence was forever absent.

She realized now, he never did get to finish the trip, due to an accident, that took his life. As she’d finally gotten to see him after those two long years, resting peacefully in a coffin, lifeless, and paler then the moon that spies on her through her window through the night. But, it wasn’t the visit she expected or wanted, nor was he able to sense her presence or share the moments in which she had imagined in her sleep.

Her eyes wandered again around her bedroom, as if, hoping, to spot him somewhere, or expecting him to come through the bedroom door, to keep her company, in replacement of the shadows wandering along her bedroom walls, created by the light reflecting off the moon. Like lost spirits, haunting her through the night, but none of the spirits were of the one she’d wanted.

She sat there motionless for a moment.

Till she begins to lay her head back down on the pillow that he’d rested upon in her dream. As she tries to close her dampened eyes, trying to drift off in to a deep sleep, as if in a coma, awaiting to be awakened by her love, like sleeping beauty, with a single kiss.

As the moments of that dream she had, now cradle and sing her to sleep, where she reunites with him this night, and every other lonely night that follows.

The End.
    test
  4. Psycho69

test
  5. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

^^YEAH, so I'm about 3 months (possibly exact) late on reading this, but I recently printed it out lol and it was pretty nice for a rough draft. One thing I got to say is my short stories (I've only done 3 and it was assignments for my summer writing class) each are probably half of what yours is in length lol. I tend to drift away and certain parts get too deep or detailed, but I got a 97/100 on my final short story so heey no complaints. It seems everything I write turns out to have that poetry feel you know.

Back to your story. To me you got into the romance scene a little to quick, and that's where it held most details and descriptions. I was expecting to get an image of the town a little more, to get an idea of what the setting's scenery was like. The ending for me wasn't too hard to figure out, I don't know why, but how you ended it was sad, but even romantic in the same sense. The waking up with the rose and all-very sweet, but takes you to that feeling. Then you were the guy who got into the accident and, well-you know the rest lol. I'm thinking about putting mine up. Nothing special about them imo because I always have the rough and final draft done in the same day-I can't help it lol, just something about having something done early I can't stand (writing) my thoughts change, but I guess its not good to change the previous. BLAH-

-Much Love
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.