~My review of the new Subaru STi~

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Tigre, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

That car is incredible. I mean all performance. This is a buddies car of mine. He just got it about 2 weeks ago, and finally let me drive it yesterday.

It makes you wonder why it took the US so damn long, to bring over the STI and the EVO.

I drove the EVO already and to compare it to the STI..... I cant. Granted the EVO is great, and I had fun driving that car, but it just doesnt have what the STi does. The potential, and that increase in horsepower. This car is just a great performer.

Pros

The STi has a very responsive steering. The boxer engine sounds great, but i love the sound of the turbo even more so. The Brembo brakes will stop you on a fucking dime. And they better with 300hp surging though this car. Another plus about this car is the fact that you have a radio deleteoption. Thats right, if your car offers this as an option than you know your car is a performer. The light weight BBS gold rims are nice as well. Can't have a STI without the signature gold wheels. Close-ratio 6spd is nice as well. But i would perfer a taller second gear. Oh yeah the I/C mister is a nice touch as well. Oh yeah the other great thing is it out performs any other car in its range. And the cobra is not the same price unless you add in the dealer markup for this car. And still if you do, after driving the blown Cobra and this car, i would take the STi, just cause i can drive this car on the gravel, street, and oh yeah the most important thing is that i hate mustangs[el]

Besides that, this car has tons of potential. Im not familiar if you can mess with the boost or not. But im positive you can get 600hp easy on a stock block. This car is going to be nasty once the aftermarket takes off.

With a good driver, and a great launch, maybe some weight reduction, should break 12's stock. I know a BPU STi will easily run mid to low 12s.

Cons

No seriously the biggest complaints about the car is that fucking wing.....got i hate it im sorry, i would ditch it with a passion if i had this car. Umm, the seats are pretty nice, but not that great. Only one color for the STi. Also, 300 are being produced a month. So low quantities are going to cause for dealer markup.

Conclusion

If you have 30g's, to dish out for a great performer, this car is definitely what you should be including in your decision making. Oh yeah, you cant...repeat CAN'T test drive this car. So all these ppl well i should say 99.9% of the ppl buying this car never took it for a test drive. Crazy i know, but it happened with the SRT4 and Mazdaspeed when they both came out, and still is in some areas.
    test
  2. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

There's gonna be a website up by fall about fucking with the boost...Im sure of that...but that 600 hp with a STOCK block is crazy.....
    test
  3. trifle

trifle New Member

not to mention an STI with cracked springs would still outhandle a mustang anyday
    test
  4. Tigre

Yeah the craziest i have seen thus far, was a tuners company that pushed the Supra to 900+rwhp on a stock block. And they ran it like that for 6 or so months before they sold it.
    test
  5. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

Sounds pretty tight.

About the test driving. Thats fucked up. I understand not letting anybody off the street test drive, but If I walk in with a briefcase full of cash inquiring about the STI, I'd better get a test drive or I'll be walking right the fuck outta the dealer.

I didnt even ask to test drive the EVO at this Mitsu dealer in TX when I was down there last week. I was just looking to see what kind of mark up it had, (surprisingly none) and the dealer informed me that I had to sit through a 2 hour class before even starting one up. I laughed at him all the way back to my car as I left.
    test
  6. Tigre

bwhahahahah^^^

Yeah you should of got a test drive, cause im wondering if they are anal as well

And LOL at telling you to take a class.
    test
  7. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

these 2 cars are just one small step closer to the SKYLINE eventually coming to the US
    test
  8. Tigre

Nissan would be stupid not to bring the new one here. They would probably only bring about 1500 or so. But with a 80G price tag im sure it will have, well with a GTR..... it would be refreshing to see super imports making a comeback. The new supra is supposed to be out in 05, but its made under the Lexus line now, and might have a option for a supercharged v8. Hopefully they hold true to their words.
    test
  9. AKay47

AKay47 ImYourGirlsFavoriteRapper

my cuzin has an STI as well he had a 2002 wrx and imported everything STI and did mods on it as well. I have pics of it if you dont believe he debuted it at Import Revolution in NJ last month.
    He was in the BF GOODRICH display. His is white.
    Hey tigre isnt the aftermarket scene in australia and japan for the STI already crazy??
    And wont anything or everything you get here for it basically be stuff from there anyway?
    All my cuzin in laws mods are japanese or australian. And i heard a rumor with a simple chip swap imported from Japan you can bump up the stock horsepower significantly.
    But home boy just crashed up his shyt too lol
    Im like wtf!!!!!
    He was supposed to bring it to some car show in englishtown nj this weekend too.
    whoever dont believe me i got pics hit me on aim.
    AKay
    test
  10. Tigre

No not really about the interchangeable parts

The STI in NA is the most powerful STi made thus far. It is a first time that the US got a better version than anyone else. So i doubt everything will work. I mean turboback might, but i havent compared the Aussie older STi and the US STi to know the difference.

I should be around English town soon. Actually in about 3 weeks with the big VW/AUDI show. Should be sick alot of nasty cars will be there, hopefully mine will be running top notch.
    test
  11. AKay47

AKay47 ImYourGirlsFavoriteRapper

yo tigre word man you should hit me up if you heading down there
    im with the hi intentionz car club still aint a full fledged member though joining thru my boy but they be there deep.
    theres an import show also on the 19th of august i believe and the funk flex car show in NJ in august you gotta get tickets thru ticketmaster.
    Im a go to all those shows. Which e-town show you heading to?
    Race Wars???
    AKay
    test
  12. Tigre

NAaa this will be Waterfest. It will be about 25000 Vw and Audi ppl there. It is going to be nice, they even made this into a two day event this year. So i think i will be running on the strip, but with my new ride coming in, i might just take that. Im not positive yet. All my boys are going and so i dont know what the fuck im going to do now. I think i will be there for one day though, cause i have things to do.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.