My Own Short Story

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by VersatileSidra, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VersatileSidra

VersatileSidra Rest In Peace

Well, I'd like to share something I am in the process of writing. It's an excerpt from a book of a 10-set series, and the book is called "Shattered Dreams." I hope readers enjoy.

"As I sit here, alone, in the den of my beautiful home, I revel in the glory of all of the things I have accomplished thus far in my life. I think of how it took 10 years to get my once failed marriage to this point of satisfactory and completeness. I think of how all of my children seemingly grow overnight, growing up and away from their mother. I think of the struggle I had to go through, the bitterness and constant put downs of those who thought themselves to be more powerful than I, to get my esteemed magazine to the level of greatness it is today. I think about the shame and humility I brought up on myself and those around me through my reckless decisions. I think about the failed hopes and dreams of the paths I could have taken-the predestined plan laid out for me by the Almighty himself-but yet chose to do my own thing. I think of my mother. I think of my father. I think of my sisters. I think of my brothers. I think of everyone who has ever crossed my path and told me, “You’re so much better than that.” I think of the joy and pain, the good days and the bad days, the meantime and in between times. And I think…I wouldn’t change one thing about it.

Because of it I am more mature, no longer irresponsible and careless about my actions. Because of it I am stronger, no longer weak and dependable upon others for my strength. Because of it my self-esteem is at an all time high, no longer needing to be told every second of the day that I am beautiful for I already know that I am. Because of it I now know the true meaning of happiness, no longer wallowing in self-pity and despair. Because of it I can teach my children how not to fall into the stupidity that their mother once chose for herself, but yet teach them with purity and light, keeping them focused on the straight and narrow. Because of it I know where I came from, where I am, and where I am going, no longer searching for answers that were present to me all along. Because of it I have grown, no longer the respected princess but the exalted queen. Because of it I realize that there is nothing wrong with being Kristen Rachael Jamison-Cain, no longer ashamed of the man who has loved me with every fiber of his being for nearly 20 years.

I am the truth. The living testimony that walks these streets day after day, breathing the glorious breath of life and announcing to the world that I am free. The laden burdens and heavy chains have been lifted, and I am now weightless as a bird in flight. I have rid myself of destruction and all things placed upon this earth to tear me down, and now only surround myself with things pure and enriching. As I place the last symbol of my journey to serenity into the recollection book, I take a deep breath, releasing my bliss onto those willing to take it up. Today is my eldest daughter’s 21st birthday. She was not blessed upon me from above, but she has been a blessing to me in my heart. She never ceases to amaze me. Though life has thrown her countless difficult tasks, she came through them all like a champ. I am exceedingly proud of her.

I hear a shifting noise coming from the doorway, and I look up to see that is my husband. His smile still continues to make my heart melt with each passing day. His touch causes my body to shiver. His voice gives me the chills. I think it is safe to say the candle which represents the love between us is far from being blown out. I get up from the floor as he approaches me, anxiously awaiting the feeling of his strong arms around my frail body. When I feel his lips gently link with mine, I know that there is no other place that I’d rather be at this moment than experiencing a peek into his heaven."

I'd love to hear feedback, if anybody actually read this.
    test
  2. mama21

mama21 panama-red@blackplanet

i honestly loved this ,excellent job..for real
    test
  3. VersatileSidra

VersatileSidra Rest In Peace

Thanks! I'm all giddy now. Somebody actually likes my writing. lol That's actually only the introduction to the novel. I think it's the best thing I've written to date. And I only keep getting better and better each time.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.