My opinion on Manny Pacquiao

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I fully understand, but don't you think what people in the Mayweather camp is gonna be spoken with a bias?
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

the Nevada state commission doesn't own boxing anymore than they own the UFC..lmao, and there are state commissions for every state with different rules and regulations. If it was golden boy or manny trying to clean up boxing yall'd be on they dick..

Everybody talks shit about the Nevada state commission having judges blatantly fix fights setting up MMA events with terrible refs, yet they trust them thoroughly with keeping fighters clean..lmaoo

Floyd>
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

and how many boxers other than manny have said they'd refuse the olympic drug testing if asked???

Look at shane in the last episode of 24/7 you can obviously see the piss tests during the weight cut were way more problematic than any blood tests. Aint nobody gonna pass up 40-50 million dollar fight because of a drug test, unless they hiding something
    test
  4. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

Oh of course. But truth be told I don't talk Floyd's business like that. THings get said in passing, but never in depth.

I'm talking like an authority like Buddy McGirt or a legendary fighter like Tommy Hearns who both believe Mayweather wins big. I even have an acquaintance that worked for Pacquiao's camp who feels the same as I do (of course I won't reveal his name because he's trying to line up a full-time position).
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

How many other fighters requested it? It could be flipped right back on you. And I work in a Dr.'s office and I see how people are after blood is drawn. It's not the same when they give up piss. Trusts me, a blood test is much more punishing to the body.

I think Mayweather was looking for a reason to pull out. Seems like he was playing mind games as well.
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

they still feel it 2 weeks out?

and shane had no problem agreeing with it, for only 6 mill..lmao
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No... I'm not saying 2 weeks out. But again, how many other boxers demand that? Do other boxers that don't take steroids not want an "even playing field"? It comes off as an excuse to me.
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Boxing is the most dangerous sport in the world....i'm surprised nobody asked sooner.......before nazzim, margiritto was fighting with fucking plaster on his hands cause people didn't check his hand wraps properly.

and yeah, tyson wanted it versus holyfield they just didn't advertise the negotiations in the media because the media didn't have the seathing hatred for either fighter like they do floyd..lmao

and other fighters have demanded blood tests....which isn't demanded by the Nevada state commission

stop hating people
    test
  9. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

just take the test, its 2 fuckin weeks nobody is still weak after that long dont try to defend that because you really cant.. why are we even still arguing about it did nobody read the article where manny said hes willing to do the 14 days? and that when they sit down to negotiate again everything will go well, unless mayweather tries to cut it from 14 days to a lower number, but i dont see why he would he already reiterated his stance after his mosley fight, 14 days, accept it and we'll fight. pacman said after the fight or the next day that he would do the 14 day before fight test, theres an article somewhere.

floyd isnt ducking, if he was he'd have made an impassable obstacle.. not a blood test, people who say that blow my mind
    test
  10. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

lol, what a silly argument.

If we're going with fight math, manny whooped the shit out of oscar, a guy that gave Floyd trouble. A guy that Floyd ducked a rematch against. Manny got hatton out of the way earlier than floyd.

what's that mean? jack shit, just like everything you said.

now let's get back to the points.
    test
  11. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

Fedor's a bit different though. People usually recognize that he was fighting the top guys once upon a time, just not so much now. Beat Nog in his guard and Cro Cop standing up.

I don't recall hearing any of that about louis, though I'm sure you're right. I know Ali said a lot of shit about him in general at a certain period in his life, but I think Ali was responding to the pressure of being dubbed the new Malcolm X and Louis was a good target for being the anti-jack johnson.
    test
  12. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

louis was ali's hero though, hes not the only one to have said that regardless but im just saying.. theres different talent for every generation.. take 2 mid-tier fighters, you cant say there aren't some back then who'd beat those now, or vice versa.. thats the problem with trying to compare generations and who fought the best talent etc..

a lot of fighters today are WAY more technical.. there was a few back then, again like ali, but a lot of it was just really TOUGH mothefuckers.. think back before they had belts and shit, i have a buncha books with stories, one being the fireside book of boxing it stops at patterson because it was published in like '50s or some shit i forget exact year. but people way back were having fights that went up to 100 rounds.. these guys probably have nothing on the technique of todays fighters but i couldnt think of a fighter today who could go 100 rounds... and the rounds ended when one person was knocked down.. fights lasting up to 10+ hours..

im going off on a tangent now, just was reading the book again honestly haha but fedor still fights relevant fighters today, hes beat how many ufc champs? brett rogers is a legitimate heavyweight right now, but people dont wanna recognize that.

the reason is because these guys are so great people look at the rest of the roster like.. na he aint fighting no one, but thats ONLY because hes on THAT high of a level.. there IS talent, its just nobody is at that peak, that doesnt mean hes in a small era.. it just means hes that great
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.