My opinion on Manny Pacquiao

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHmCYlIsX5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHmCYlIsX5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k0Hz5-uYHso&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k0Hz5-uYHso&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Here's the thing, no one, and I mean NO ONE complained about Oscar making demands when he was the main draw in boxing. Now that Floyd won't bend on one demand, he's the unreasonable one...smh. I guess the nigger should just be happy he's making money and not rock the boat
    test
  3. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

Honestly, I just don't understand why he gives a shit about Manny juicing. If it's a guy bigger than him, sure. But honestly, what clear advantages would Manny have that he hasn't always had when he was winning and losing at smaller weight classes?

Besides, what better way to show the superiority of hard work and dedication than to beat the guy whos juicing?

Regardless of whether manny's juicing or not, I see it as a sign of fear from Mayweather.
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Was De La Hoya walking around saying: "I am boxing"? hahahaha... C'mon now. Don't make this shit a race issue. Stop bein' all sensitive. Fuck outta here. i hate people that turn everything into a race issue.
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Exactly.... And I'm not taking away ANYTHING from Mayweather. He's an AMAZING fighter. But HE DOES DODGE FIGHTERS. And I do think Pacquiao has the tools to beat him and he's the biggest risk for Mayweather.
    test
  6. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Verbalizing that he is boxing is irrelevant. Go back and look at all of the things Oscar demanded in all of his fights and then look at what Floyd is demanding and you would realize your argument is horse shit. And the race thing is based on what you can read about Floyd on any boxing message board. I haven't read the n word that many times in regards to boxing as I do when I read comments about Floyd, but race has nothing to do with it.
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

The way you present yourself often decides how you get viewed. WTF do you mean? And sorry... De La Hoya made demands like that against Pacquiao? NO! Let's be serious.

And what you mean? You're getting sensitive over the N word? I hear the N word when people AREN'T TALKING ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. Please be serious.
    test
  8. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I really have to start looking at my sig before I reply to anyone in this forum. Enjoy the rest of the discussion fellas
    test
  9. Money Mac Sabb

De La Hoya didn't hide behind goofy demands to duck opponents.
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

You already made yourself look like a fool, by bringing race into a Mayweather/boxing argument. Be serious, please. I hear the n-word 7 days a week when talking about anything and everything. How is it suddenly a race issue just because you hear it during a Mayweather convo? Wow... I've gotten into boxing arguments with people where du's referred to Pacquiao as the N-word. So is it racist then too? hahaha.... PLEASE BE REALISTIC FOR A SECOND. hahaha
    test
  11. Money Mac Sabb

I love Seeson, but my dude is like the water to my oil most of the time.

Keeps me interested in posting here though.
    test
  12. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

Team Pacroid ducked Mosley

how come you won't admit that?

Floyd has just handled soemone that Manny was truly ducking-why are you playing the "blind man" game?

Floyd is scared of someone-who is scared of someone he just beat?

really?
    test
  13. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

butthurt?

do I have to destroy your whole online persona?

did you just compare Clottey to Floyd?

ansewer me this.....who in the history of boxing moves up in weight, and gets faster and stronger with a higher ko percentage?

who?

did Marquez out box -Manny twice?

did Floyd Shit on MArquez?

can you not see the pattern?

Did Manny duck Mosley?

Did Floyd just destroy Mosley?

Its okay to use steroids to get an unfair advatage over your opponents?

Who has Pacroid fought who isn't over the hill or damaged goods?(Only Clottey)

Do you have any real arguments for Pacroid-or more exscuses?
    test
  14. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

Just going to say this

After working in the Mayweather camp, there is no doubt in my mind that Mayweather is thee greatest boxer of our generation. I've worked alongside a few guys in the sport but the way Mayweather is dedicated to his craft is unrivaled. On a completely professional level, Mayweather has been the only boxer to ever surprise me with his skill & work ethic.

I like Pacquiao and have followed him since before most others have. I order his fights because he's entertaining. But I would be lying if I said I see him as the best. The only time I ever viewed him as such was when Mayweather retired and even then it was "Well, there's nobody else so Pacquiao is the de facto guy".

I understand that people dislike Mayweather but analyzing what he does in the ring and analyzing what Pacquiao does in the ring with fellow boxers/trainers, coupled with my knowledge of how Mayweather prepares before the fight, I have to think this fight is his.

If I worked for the Pacquiao camp (after getting this knowledge of Mayweather's work ethic) I would be confident to tell Bob Arum, Freddie Roach & even Manny Pacquiao himself that I believe he could never be as great (skill wise) as Mayweather. Nor would he beat Mayweather if they were to fight.
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

HAHAHAHAHA! Did this idiot just say this? That he's gonna destroy my online persona... I'm seriously wondering if this kid said this with a straight face. That's hilarious... Thanks for the laugh... or should I say terror?

Clottey's obviously not half the fighter Mayweather is but I'm talking about the concept of how fast Pacquiao's hands are BECAUSE NO: Mayweather isn't faster than Pacquiao.

I guess Lebron's on steroids too because he's bigger and stronger than all the guards and small forwards in the league BUT he's the fastest player in the NBA from one side of the court to the next.

Dumbass... Marquez had to fight Mayweather 17 pounds up from where he fought Mayweather. He was 37 and fought him being fat and sluggish because all the weight (which he was not used to). Pacquiao WENT UP TO MARQUEZ'S WEIGHT AND FOUGHT HIM WHERE HE WAS COMFORTABLE. Did Mayweather? NO. And last time I checked, Pacquiao knocked Marquez down three times in the first round. And last time I checked, he won the first fight (even with controversey - one of thee judges didn't score the first round 10-7 like it was supposed to due to the 3 knockdown rule AND PACQUIAO STILL WON).

No... Because Pacquiao mastered his right hand AFTER that fight. Different fighter. And they say he's gotten even faster since that fight.

WRONG. He wanted Mayweather.

Did Mayweather dodge Margarito? Yes... Did he dodge Mosely in his prime? Yes... Did he dodge Cotto? YES! C'mon kid. Be real.

Hasn't been proven STILL.

Hmm.... Who has Mayweather fought in their prime? Last time I checked, this isn't and wasn't Mosely's prime. Same with De La Hoya (which was A LOT closer than people make it out to be while Pacquiao absolutely DOMINATED HIM AND HURT HIM). Don't even mention Hatton cuz he wasn't even good - he only fought garbage. AND PACQUIAO WHOOPED HIS ASS WORSE THAN MAYWEATHER DID TOO. NEXXTTT...
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'm sorry but you can't say who he's better than until you train with Pacquiao too.

That's like someone practicing with Vince Carter that's never played with any of the elite players in the NBA and being so amazed by him (since he's better than everyone you've ever played with) that you call him the best (yet you haven't played with anybody else - Lebron, Kobe, Wade, D. Williams, Chris Paul, etc. etc.).

Again, I agree... Mayweather's amazing tho'.
    test
  17. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

I agree, but what i'm saying is i highly doubt Pacquiao has the work ethic of Mayweather. We already know he doesn't have the overall skill of Mayweather, that's a fact.

The fact that Mayweather gets up at like 3am to run miles while Pacquiao stays up until 3 to play billiards tells me, as a dedicated boxer & trainer, that Mayweather's work ethic is above Pacquiao's.

If I was in Pacquiao's camp & I saw that his work ethic & dedication were as good as Mayweather's or even better, I would say so. I don't doubt that they're really good and compared to the average boxer, they're probably great. But if you ever had the chance to see Mayweather's training, you would agree he has long surpassed "great".

Again, until I see Pacquiao's training up-close I can only go by what I know & heard from insiders. & what I know & hear gives me no indication that his work ethic & dedication are as good as Mayweather's. That's all i'm saying.
    test
  18. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

if you've never heard the fedor argument you've not been around mma very long.. louis gets called out because he had the bum of the month club, even ali called him out when he had the belt for not fighting anyone.. he said the people louis fought would get laughed out of madison square garden if he tried to sign a fight with them.

robinson not so much, ive heard people say shit though which is unbelievable to me, of all people to mention.. but its said. any GREAT fighter has people who will say that, and im sorry but your the guy for floyd lol..

people say theres no one, but back then you dont realize when say.. sonny liston won the belt, the public believed there was NO ONE ON EARTH.. who was going to take that belt, so they felt nobody was good either.. its looking back now that a lot of people get the respect they deserve.. ali started out as a joke to the media, even after winning he wasnt given his proper respect, they thought he just ran around the ring and didnt have any true skill and thats why he won.. now in 2010 hes considered the greatest ever, one of the smartest heavyweights to ever be in the ring..

you wanna talk about facing nobody talk about the old fighter who get all this respect.. like dempsey, willard, tunney, sullivan.. when these guys turned down any fight involving a black opponent, they probably avoided some of the best talent of their generations because of that, held the belt and were considered such great pioneers of boxing.. when truth be told, they probably wouldnt have held the belt for as long as any of them had, if at all.. sullivan didnt even have a belt they just fought for money, but he avoided black opponents..

i think it was.. tunney who faced jack johnson, and thats because he wanted to "bring the belt back where it belongs".. aka in a white mans hands, and lost

a lot of the fighters of today are a lot more technical and have much better training regimens then a lot of the older fighters.. in all honesty, i feel like the middle tier fighters of today are above the middle tier fighters of then, clearly the greats stand out, they were gonna be great regardless of era.. but the competition is there, people need to stop frontin like its not just for argument
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

How is that a fact? Pacquiao's been called faster by A LOT of boxing analyst and also been known to have some of thee best angles in boxing as well.

The main thing Mayweather has over Pacquiao is footwork but Pacquiao has upped that BIG TIME as well. I think Pacquiao has way more one shot knockout power as well as being just as dominant with both hands (if not more).

And I don't necessarily agree with that. They say Pacquiao does 4 hour sparring sessions STRAIGHT without a break. I don't know how true that is but damn... That's RIDICULOUS. And on top of that, you can't say just cuz he's playing billiards 'til 3. You act like Mayweather doesn't go out and splurge and have his fun.

And I'm not sayin' it's not. But they say Pacquiao's training is unmatched as well.

That's not what I hear. I hear Pacquiao puts in some of the toughest training/sparring sessions of any boxer. I remember hearing about his 5 hour non-stop sparring sessions on HBO. Then I read that it's 4 hours but either ways, that's ridiculous.
    test
  20. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

Eh, I hear these things from people who were in Pacquiao's camps. & I work for Roger Mayweather's camp.

You can feel however you want. But i'll take the word of fellow boxers & trainers over yours. No offense but i'm sure you understand.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.