My opinion on Manny Pacquiao

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Manny is simply a haters hope. Nothing more nothing less. People can sit there and praise him for things that they discredit the best fighter of our era for doing. People see in Manny an exciting fighter and think to themselves that he is the one that will finally beat the fighter that they hate. I hope that by the end of this year, the haters will no longer have anyone to hang their hopes on.

Thoughts?
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lmaooooo.....
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

A hater's hope is a good term to use.

People who hate PBF see him as the best person to defeat him.

I am one of those people.

I still don't think Manny will beat him, but I hope he will...
    test
  4. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

there isn't anyone out there who has both the skills, speed & intelligence to match Floyd.

Pacroid don't want it....he's a liar and is full of shit for his exscuses for not taking the drug test

either he's dirty or just plain scared

and I agree-he IS just the last refuge for Mayweather haters...
    test
  5. Money Mac Sabb

Money Mac Sabb Horse Meat FTW

Floyd is great, but he's a big fish in a small pond when you look at the era he's boxing in.

Pacquiao has the tools to finish him, because frankly I doubt Floyd's heart. It's by no means a sure thing that he could beat him, but Floyd doesn't deal with overwhelming speed that often.
    test
  6. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

great analogy!
    test
  7. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i hate when people say a fighter is a big fish in a small pond because of their era..

i swear, almost any fighter you name someone has some excuse as to why such and such opponents were easy and they never fought anyone that great unless its their favorite fighter, shit like that is lame.. marciano never fought anyone, louis never fought anyone, sugar ray robinson never fought anyone, tyson never fought anyone, klitschkos never fought anyone, fedor never fought anyone, etc etc etc etc

people need to drop it, whoever was the first person to come with that argument i hope their dead

thing is there probably fighters from each generation who were considered "nobody" who would beat a "somebody" of another generation just based off the way the styles would match up in the ring, thats what makes fights, styles.. its funny cause everyone agrees, yet nobody acts like it they just look at records or names they hear so often and if theres not many say "oh theres no challenges for him"

and floyd in the 2nd round when he got rocked and nullified shane the rest of the fight.. he has no heart? he not only survived and pushed on but adapted and shut the other fighter down from that point on.. he has heart.
    test
  8. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

If anyone is going to say that Floyd has no heart after he got rocked twice and rather than running he continued to walk Shane down and fight in the same round, then Wanderlei Sliva and Fedor are the only people in all of MMA with heart, because as soon as an MMA fighter gets rocked he immediately shoots for the take down and tries to hold the guy against the ropes/cage until the round is over. Haters...smh
    test
  9. Money Mac Sabb

Wait, who says Robinson, Louis, and Fedor never fought anyone?

Saying Floyd is a big fish in a small pond is not only legit as fuck, but it's not a knock against him. Fact is, you look at guys like Hagler, Duran, Hearns, Leonard, etc and these guys posted losses and are still looked at as great because they went through the ringer. Only guy that has truly been looked at as on par with Floyd is Pacquiao. Even if it's wrong as fuck, it's the truth.

I've never denied that Floyd is an all time great, despite his diehards acting as if me not sucking his balls is the worst thing in the world. I just think he's a boring ass decision fighter in all but the most lopsided fights.
    test
  10. Money Mac Sabb

lol, dude grabbed onto his arm like he was a rail. backed up and covered up while Shane just stared at him.

Floyd was as surprised as anyone that Shane was hesitant after rocking him the second time.
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Floyd is one of thee greatest ever but he has been known to dodge other fighters.

And I do think Pacquiao has the skills to beat Floyd and will beat Floyd if the fight ever does happen. He's the only fighter Floyd will ever fight that can use both his left and right hands like they're both his primary hands. He's the only fighter he's fought that has knock out power in both while being as fast as he is. He's the most unorthodox puncher that Floyd's ever fought as far as the angles he's capable of coming from and landing from WITH POWER.

And A LOT of boxing analyst believe Manny has faster hands than Floyd too. We'll see. I would put my money on Manny, but then again, wouldn't be surprised if Floyd pulled it off either.
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

He was embarrassed too. He tried to smile it off but it wasn't a smile like when Anderson Silva gets hit. It was a smile of humility. But he still did come back, push the tempo (which is more of Mosely's game), and dominated the rest of the fight. A lotta it had to do with Mosely not throwing a stiff jab and rather a rubber arm jab, and him stop going to the body. Early in the fight, he went to the body and that's what opened the right hook both times. But who knows....

We'll see if he can deal with Pacquiao's rain and flurry of lightning fast punches.
    test
  13. Money Mac Sabb

I would bet on Floyd, though I'd root for Manny.

Manny has the speed advantage when it comes to overwhelming combos, but the fast, pinpoint accurate shots come from Floyd. Floyd has great defense, Manny - not so much.
    test
  14. Money Mac Sabb

and Floyd is 10x the fighter mosley is, no doubt.

that's what made it such a happy moment to see PBF dancing.
    test
  15. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i like both fighters, but manny simply will never fight floyd on the basis that he is juicing. generally you can stay skeptical on whether someone is juicing, but this guy won't take random tests because "it'll make him weak" whereas floyd does it and still puts on performances like he did against shane.

it's not like they take pints of blood every test. you can train the next day latest...it's obvious dude is takin somethin he doesn't want to get exposed for.

and he knows he's definitely not ready to face floyd without whatever he's taking.
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No... Just as much of it has to do with the fact that they wanna prove that Floyd doesn't run boxing. If you hear the interviews, that's one of the main issues. They're saying they'll do what the State Commissions tell them to do... NOT WHAT FLOYD TELLS THEM TO.

Example.... You work at a company and a CO-EMPLOYEE (not your boss or supervisor) tells you what you HAVE TO DO. How are you going to take that as a man? I don't think so..... It's tryna somewhat settle Mayweather's big ass ego...

What was he quoted saying: "I AM BOXING..." Sorry Floyd but boxing's existed before you were around and after as well. And your biggest fight (money-wise) was against the guy who could more correctly make that statement IF ANYBODY and that's De La Hoya. Who makes the most money? De La Hoya. He doesn't even fight anymore and he's makin' more than the rest of these guys. Who was the bread winner that fight? De La Hoya. Who signs Money's checks? De La Hoya. C'mon now....

I think this is more of an ego check that him avoiding. Just my opinion tho'. None of us will ever know.
    test
  17. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

bullshit

Manny is on Drugs

when the accusations 1st came out, camp Pacroid could not even get there story straight....

1st he was suing for slander etc, then in another interview he said it was "funny"....finally they figured the best exscuse was "blood draining weakens him" despite him giving blood on 24/7 days before a fight

he's juicing and no amount of "spinning" will convince those who can see through bullshit

its called street smarts-the ability to read and counter bullshit

Pac not taking random drug testing is the surest sign of guilt especially when he stands to make his biggest purse.....EVER

but-if he is caught:

#1)he will forver tarnish his legacy

#2) he willl lose the ability to fight Floyd and make that money

#3)he will jeopardise all future paydays...

#4)lets not forget that Manny won't have the added juice to give him any advantage in a fight with Floyd....

still can't see how dirty this guy is? and why he won't take the take test administered by the anti-doping agency?

he's dirty as sin

I truly beleive Floyd will beat Pacroid on or off the steroids
    test
  18. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

So? Floyd gets hit twice-and its news? I've seen lesser boxers in worse shape and still win; Floyd was hurt-and he held on; like any other veteran boxer would do....

all it will take is one counter from Floyd to shut down all of Pac's "flurry's"

I'd love to see Pacroid come at Floyd with that shit-all that will do is create more opportunities for Floyd to counter ,and Manny WILL be in danger of being KTFO as he is the smaller man(but not really as both men came up from lower weights)
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

What are you talking about? How the hell is that not keeping the story straight? He took it before the first Marquez fight. He admitted it. How is that not keeping the story straight? Yes, if he didn't take steroids, IT IS SLANDER. And yes, if he didn't, he could also find it funny. Your logic here doesn't work whatsoever.

I'm sure you're the only person on this planet who has "street smarts". And intelligence doesn't get boxed in as "street" or "book". You're either intelligent or you're not.

Same thing can be said about Mayweather... He's had a history of dodging opponents. So one could EASILY say that's him using that as an excuse to stay out of fighting the person who is obviously thee best suited at breaking his undefeated mark.

And you can believe what you want... Nothing you said proved anything. None of us do know regardless of what your "street smarts" tell you. At the end of the day, Mayweather has been known to dodge fighters. Point blank. He has a history of doing so.

You don't see every other athlete in basketball, football, baseball, and hockey demanding a fuckin' Olympic style of drug testing do you? So does that mean every single other athlete that doesn't demand it is on steroids as well? Or if clean athletes that didn't like the idea of random blood drawings? Be serious... He agreed to random piss tests but didn't like the blood tests. AND? Your point?

And just like you think Floyd would beat Pacquiao on or off the roids, I think Pacquiao would be Floyd on or off the roids. hahaha
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

WTF are you talking about? I was defending Mayweather. Look at this guy getting all butthurt. You ain't even making any sense right now. I DIDN'T DOG HIM FOR HOLDING ON. I said he even looked a 'lil embarrassed that he got hit. I'M STATING WHAT I SAW... Not slandering him. Fuck outta here.

Oh yeah, cuz Floyd has such amazing knockout power that he only has 25 KO's outta 41 wins. Get outta here... He's not Manny. It's completely the other way around. Manny only needs to throw one punch. And if Mosely can hit 'em with those "two shots", I'm pretty damn sure Pacman (who's faster) is gonna land just as many (at least).

We'll see how much Floyd counters when he can't even see Manny's hands coming at him. You counter when you can predict or take a chance and predict what your opponent is coming at you with. Pacquiao's not that predictable and will hit him from all angles. Why do you think Clottey was so scared to throw... Cuz he knew as soon as he stopped blocking, he was gonna get hit in the face.

And no... Get outta here with that... Yes, Manny is smaller. We'll see when the fight happens.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.