My Hands are hurting

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by MagicDonJuan, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

Lately after I bench my hands are getting stiff, so that i can't curl them into a ball. It seems liek they're glued to the bar.

why is this and how do i correct it.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I would guess your gripping the bar too hard and as a result your tightening up? Ease up a bit.

When you see your grip imprint on the bar that means you're grabbing it way too hard : )
    test
  3. MagicDonJuan

Aight ima do that.
    Cousin I lost ill muscle mass from my sprained ankle. it took a month to heal. this shit is corny. I'm dedicated as ever though.
    test
  4. Smile

Smile New Member

Get stronger hands.

Same shit happens with me for the fuckin close grip tricep press on the bench bar.

I mean shit, at lighter weights like 185 it's fine.

But once I get up to 225 my wrists lock up after 3 reps.

My wrist are small.
    test
  5. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

if I'm really pushing for form and control with only a moderate weight I'll do it i put my thumb on the same side of the bar as my fingers when I'm benching anyway.

i think it feels like i'm more apt to cheat and use my tri's when i grip it tighter. when my thumbs are on the same side i can focus on the "push" of the press.
    test
  6. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

had the same problem. because i am tall and used the 'normal' bench grip, and after the set my hand joints would start to hurt. i solved this problem by using a wider grip for the bench, as i am taller than average. no more joint pain
    test
  7. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

i would try a different grip if i were you...

put your thumb over the bar.....
    test
  8. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

plain and simple the weight on the bar is too heavy for you...lower the weight you have to start light and move on up....it will take a couple months but be patient yuo will still see gains...but your lifting to heavy... i cant bench for 2 weeks cause my nerves in my shoulder were ticklish not painful just very light tingle its because i was benching to heavy . one side of my body is weaker then the other so i have to do dumbell presses/
    test
  9. MagicDonJuan

it didn't hurt that much it was just stiff.

i don't know how to explain my grip
    my knuckles are facing the ceiling at a dilagonal angle
    test
  10. MagicDonJuan

Aight Peep Game guys.

I used to weigh 147
    now I weigh 146

Shouldn't I be gaining weight? And Yes, I'm doing HIgh Weight with low reps, for some reason though, today, I couldn't do my normal weight, i went down 10 and it was too easy man this is weird and I can't go above it either. I improved my form and now the bar touches my chest, i don't know if that has anything to do with anything.

But I'm pissed I'm losing weight, and I'm seeing some [little] toning. The only part thats developing well is my shoulders.
    And shit was working wonderfully before I sprained my ankle.
    It's 11 by the way, usually I work out at 730 maybe this late workout has something to do with it but probably not........
    test
  11. MagicDonJuan

peep game im more sore too after lifting small

WEIRD
    test
  12. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Soreno to answer your question you are more sore from lifting light because your probally hit a plateau...its good to change your workouts like you just did...lift heavy and then switch it up every 2 weeks lift lighter with higher reps...to shock your muscles and use variations thats what helps you grow.

you said you lost 1 pound? thats good! your lost 1 pound of fat most likely so dont worry.

their is a difference.
    test
  13. MagicDonJuan

Well alright, I mean I was under the assumption if I lost 1 pound it would be 1 pound of muscle. I want to get bulky. I think I'm gonna change the order of my workout days now (do legs on monday instead of chest).
    test
  14. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

you wanna bulk up then eat right...you gotta eat alot too high calories.

but only bulk up if you know how to cut weight...or fat....ifyou dont know how to cut fat your gonna be stuck a fat slob trust me...and when you bulk up you get stretch marks.

id rather stay lean and slowly gaint muscle while being lean it may take longer but its better.

and your face wont get fat.
    test
  15. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

It's because your body wasn't use to activating and firing off your endurance or type I (slow twitch) muscle fibers.

Read up on Muscle fibers:
    It will make you smarter.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_fiber
    test
  16. MagicDonJuan

^u give me faith in the public school system.

@Vish ima continue what I'm doing
    I figure It's only been about 3 weeks so i shouldnt be bugging.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.