My good friend is trying to convert me to Buddhism

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

truth is, if someone truly believes in god they won't fall... i mean ya those priest's have fell, and i doubt that they've gotten back up neither.
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

but i'm talkin about generalization's .. people can strive to be good on their own accord and fail due to pride. or other various reasons.

\
    and people have failed god time and time again, but that's b/c they are doing the same thing as the un-believer.. tryna earn their way into heaven/reputation etc
    test
  3. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

then why does it seems so unlikely to just be a good person out of the sake of humane positivity? granted i will give you that it's harder to fall from good when wrapped up in what is primarily pure good, but that doesn't mean all people doing good without the driving force of god are going to fall...in fact...think of it like this

ok, your view of evil/satan and god/good would mean that because atheists are essentially neutral, satan would have no reason to tempt them further because there's no need to get them to stray from god, they already have themselves, so...
    (now, i don't really believe it like that, but the conclusion it brings to my point is the same)

If someone is uninfluenced to the extreme of evil (in my case evil just means for the lesser good of life as a whole) or good by a higher power, good or bad, then that neutral person's ability to be good without the guide of good would be that much more appreciated by the good higher power (whereas, i see the "higher power" as indifferent to such small sorrows that seem so large to us, because the grand scheme of things requires them)

like a grown up successful son reuniting with a father that didn't know he had gotten that lady pregnant back in college
    test
  4. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Update

Buddhism is not what I’m looking for.

Thanks.
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

LooooL.. what happened brah?
    test
  6. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

hahaha well thats good Jason

Knowing that, you are one more step closer to the truth. Keep it up.
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

what happened? did they try and make u give up all ur earthly possesions to the sacred rock?
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

it doesnt ask you to give up stuff and mean it in a literal sense

it asks you to be content with what you have. And it doesnt mean give up trying to do more, it means dont complain about what you dont have.
    test
  9. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

straight up, one of the most peaceful, spiritual times i ever had, i was like 15, and had gotten a tiny, pocket sized book called the joy of buddha, or somethin' like that...anyhow, i skipped school when it was warm often by hiding behind my garage in the field on a little blanket i had out there, specifically for that purpose, until my mom left for work like a half hour after i ws supposed to catch the bus...
    anyhow i went out there reading, and it was a super nice day, heard my mom leave, and just kept on reading, it instantly connected with me, the connection, through disconnection...losing your own id, in order to experience the "omniconscious", i put the book down and just laid there, listening to the birds and animals, warmed by the sun, realized, they were warmed by the same sun, and will also die beneath it, and just had this feeling of oneness, with everything, but somehow, contained in myself, and then it turned outward, universal, that this beauty of life and death is a necessity, and eternal

it changed me, but i don't attribute it to the teachings of buddha so much as, that happened to be the teaching that allowed me to realize more of the true reality

absolute everything encompasses all aspects of accidental anything, so, it happens to be: "so it happens to be".
    test
  10. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

yes, i think it's perfectly possible.

if we fall out through ww3 then we've nobody to blame but ourselves. it's far from inevitable.

mutually assured destruction is a hell of drug.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.