My good friend is trying to convert me to Buddhism

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

In order for this to be of any use to you at all you must ask yourself these questions:

Do I really believe that the Bible is the infallible, true Word of the Living and Almighty God and not just a good book to live by, or is it some spiritual metaphor I can pick and choose from when it suits me?

If I do believe it is the true Word of God am I living it, obeying it and following it to the very best of my ability in Christ?

If I am not, why not?

Jesus says, "I tell you the truth, no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the Kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come." (Also in Matthew 19:29.) Now, Jesus is simply telling people here that nothing is as important as the Kingdom of God.

Be warned straight away that to many this is a hard teaching, but if you could only grasp the fullness of the revelation of God's plan and purpose for your life, you would find it easy to obey Him in this area, for as with all things, His commands are not burdensome to us.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

can we go over the career options again on said heaven planet

bankers and band geeks? pretty sure you argued four pages about these jobs a while back

cant i fuckin be a concrete finisher? or a drywaller? shit i dont like band camp or banking
    test
  3. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

sure, if you want to look at it that way you can. i think the invention of nuclear weapons has sort of rendered the kind of all-out warfare that we saw in the early-mid 20th century as suicidal in the present context. that's one possible reason why there hasn't been a ww3. as you said ww2 was more massive than any previous war, it's also more massive than any war we've had since. if there is a ww3 it could very well be an apocalyptic scenario. but perhaps we will avoid that altogether.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

there is such thing as doing the wrong thing for the right reasons

and robin hood falls under this category

same with killing a man who raped your sister... wrong thing to do, but it was a good reason.
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

Yes but when you created two-faced rules.. then it's a real slippery slope.. b/c what happens when some one goes around killing all the ladies that have abortion's wit the claim they are doing it b/c they killed a baby?
    test
  6. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

i second that busta

and LP, just because there are some who wrongly do good, for the sake of a return favor, doesn't mean that ACTUALLY being good and humble is flawed...if you are truly, honestly being good and humble, you don't expect anything in return
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

karma man

karma .

you cant fool karma
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

come on man you are keen you recognize how doing "good" in disguise has happened through out history and how it's been manipulated..

and what you just said in that quote was, doing good and being humble it's self isn't flawed im saying if your in alignment with god you will never fall out of line.. but you can fall out of line whilst tryna be good and humble by your own accord.
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

What talents were you blessed with that no one can do like u, what do you enjoy doing, that will be what u do in heaven. Remember before u were in your mother womb he knew you, and granted you abilities uniquely your own.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

that would be nice, wishful thinking an all but, honestly think about the world scinerio do u think thats possible.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

Like famous people donating their old clothes and going and blabbing about it to the media.
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

or the rich people that make donations just for tax write off's..

there is just to many to begin with.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Karma knows your motives...

and for the christians sake, god would know this too

If you do good just so you can look good to others is not the same as doing good cuz you believe its the right thing to do

ive explained this already
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

that's true.. all christians are saying is, jesus is the way to pureness.. broad is the path to wickendess..
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

and because there are many religions, whatever one you are has no play on your fate after death....
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

i believe that one should be one with their god.. not hold entitlement thru a religious ad hom ad hom...

you can still be culturally buddhist but believe in jesus christ.. etc.. unorthadox jew.. or muslim.
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yep

im spiritual

thats all that is needed for me
    test
  18. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

yea, your CAN fall out of line while on your own accord, so can priests with altar boys, or...hmmm, maybe FALLEN ANGELS!

God is not a sure fire foolproof means to goodness, true, the things that go along with the idea of believing in god are inherently good, but that don't make 'em infallible
    human nature is not inherently evil though, it is a bit of both, and allows for logic and true free will, so, for a person to truly be good and humble (not saying i don't stray from my line, but hey, i try to be nice) on their own accord, wouldn't that be that much more significant in the triumph against "evil"?
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

A good gauge is

If its of God its good, if its bad its of man, if its evil its of the devil.
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

goodness comes from our heart
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.