My good friend is trying to convert me to Buddhism

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

I’m meeting with him today or tomorrow.

It looks like a promising way of life, although I still have my doubts. Anything supernatural makes me shiver and cringe simultaneously.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

They do have some interesting beliefs.
    test
  3. JASON ANTHONY

I'm into a lot of it, although I don't see how the Buddha has anything to do with it.

I feel like I can meditate and find enlightenment without burning incense on a statue of a fat guy with huge ear lobes.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I met a Jewish Buddhist. He was a nice guy, really open to a lot of different ideas and teachings.
    test
  5. JASON ANTHONY

I just want to be happy.

It's worth a shot.
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I feel ya on that!
    test
  7. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

if your going to meet with him then im assuming your attempting to open up to the idea of religion or at least the spiritual word. you can meditate and feel a spiritual sense of self without having to believe in any deity, pray, etc. At the same time im not too familiar with buddism, so it would be interesting if you update on the experience after u pop ur cherry
    test
  8. JASON ANTHONY

For sure. Your thought process seems to be the same as mine at this point.
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

if anyone knows anything about buddah and what he represented.. he wasn't a deity.. he was a normal man that was born into wealth.. but around 29 he abandoned his wife child and kingdom to pursue enlightenment and wisdom. he never claimed to be a deity. idk why people think worshiping him makes them buddhist. Buddha taught you that your the master of your self. don't expect some god to come help you be happy or enjoy life. but rather you got to meditate and contemplate one self to find your enlightenment. he also endured many years of suffering and tribulation trying to find this truth. something he realized was a big waste of time. b/c the answer was in front of him. to enjoy life one must first be in good health mentally physically and spiritually.

@ THE TIME esoterics and other "religions" in the area he was from was not helping the state of man nor accpomplishing any thing so he rebuked the world and it's man made deity's and pursued the god within..

his birth story was interesting as fuck tho.. sorta like the birth of jesus it was immaculate conception.

if he teaches you to worship buddah let me now.. i wanna know if he is a real buddhist . or a bastardized version of buddism
    test
  10. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

yea, that is the basis of buddhism... not worship buddha, buddha was originally in search of "god" or supreme enlightenment, after discovering the beauty of meditation and introspection, they became one in the same, and to be buddhist, you're supposed to apply the same methods he used, in your own search for god and enlightenment...all the statue belly rubbing and crap is all worthless symbology and extremism, which the very basics of buddhism teach against
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

^^ exactly...

that's why i find it nonsensical when my "buddhist" friends claim to be buddhist and yet they know nothing about the man.. or his life .. where he came from (India)

i'm more buddhist then them in the respect.. and im a christian hahaha
    test
  12. JASON ANTHONY

My friend doesn't worship Buddha... I'm just talking out my ass because I know nothing about it.

He's a smart man. I honestly can't wait to hear what he has to say.
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

becoming a buddah is a way of life. a search for enlightenment.. read the story of buddah with your friend and apply it to your life..

and then ask jesus christ for help along the way

that way your safe.
    test
  14. JASON ANTHONY

You want me to be a Buddhist Christian?

I can already see the looks on my parents’ faces.
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

LMAO.. same looks my parents give me..

and no im not a buddist christian and BPB and Coup
    test
  16. JASON ANTHONY

I just need inner peace, bruh.

Christianity won't work as it just continues to piss me off.
    test
  17. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Jason it's awesome that you are seeking...You journey will not stop at being Buddhist, you will see...

I feel it would be very irresponsible for me not to say this, so don't take it personal.

1. Buddhism is spiritual death, the energies you generate outside Christ and the Holy Ghost are all demonic. Belive that.

2. It's sad that the deception in the Church today is rotting even the name of Christ. It knows no bounds. It is not the truth, this deception though, because Christ is the Truth.

a. histories of this truth are being systematically washed over.

The only way to freedom is by Jesus Christ. There is no other way dude. The deception may have gotten to you already to where you judge the truth of Christ by that abuse.

So don't take what I said as an attack on you because I don't have any ill will toward you. I should wish you well on your journey. You can only end up in one spot....I took that journey, I know.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

U just need to stop appropriating ur relationship with and understanding of the faith based on people. People are falible. All of them. If u put ur faith in things of this world it will quickly disappoint. Set ur mind to the things above. Ask Jesus urself to know him. Ask him to help you recognize truth. Give u the ears to hear and the eyes to see. Read the bible and study it on your own.

Dont base a relationship with him on your dad, or me or lp or anyone other than YOUR genuine want for ..happiness, for peace, for wisdom and for truth. All promises provided us through him.
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Stop worrying about finding a religion and find him.
    test
  20. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

sounds like a cry for help.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.