My dad said this while trying to convert a co-worker the other day

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by JASON ANTHONY, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

“You know why we read the Bible? So if a Mormon comes to our door, we know how to deal with them.”

Really, dad? Fuck me, that’s inspiring.

I'm glad you don't read it because it's God's word, or for the life lessons we can learn from the talking bushes and donkeys.

Please tell me other denominations of Christianity aren’t this bigoted.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I'm afraid so in most cases
    test
  3. JASON ANTHONY

I wanted to tell this chick to run. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

What exactly was he saying? and what does he follow?
    test
  5. JASON ANTHONY

She was talking about going to church and asked him what books of the Bible she should read. He gave her a few like Daniel and some of the gospels… mostly to compare and contrast… also to show her that Jesus was prophesied in the old testament and all that.

As he was telling her stories, she was asking a lot of questions that he answered to the best of his high and mighty ability periodically asking me if I knew the answer (growing up in the church, I actually know a lot of the stories, names, etc. etc.) He proceeded to tell her that the reason we read the Bible was to have an arsenal of scripture for Mormons in case she ever came across one because they’re religion is fictional and has been proven fictional, but the Bible isn’t because it’s history yada yada yada…

His hate for Mormonism and the people who follow it doesn’t register with me. As a follower of Jesus, he is commanded to love. They didn’t become Mormon to destroy Christianity. They became Mormon because they saw good people loving their neighbors. I don’t know how many people I’ve heard tell me that Christians are the most hypocritical bunch. It’s one of the things that drove me away. Self righteous people make me sick.
    test
  6. JASON ANTHONY

He is technically nondenominational, but the church he attends used to be considered Baptist until they decided to follow the Bible and dispense with all the stupid rituals. It’s a giant, growing church, but fuck me. What are they teaching people?
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Yea....The bible does say that it's teaching is a double-edged sword...It sucks how people can cut down others so violently with it
    test
  8. JASON ANTHONY

The sad thing is they brainwashed me to believe that garbage too. I though Mormons were evil retards up until 7 years ago. I feel like a douche for ever feeding into that bullshit. It’s one of my greatest regrets along with my 2 year wigger stage in high school.
    test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Yea that sucks...I tend to be open to listening to all people's beliefs although you better be ready to defend it with fact if your talking to me because i hate when people don't have a mind of their own
    test
  10. patrown

patrown student for life

^that
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

before you go pointing the non-judgemental fingers take this into consideration:

Mormonism started with a hatred of everything Christian. They even call the Bible corrupted. So, no, Christians do not demonize Mormons, its the other way.

In some ways they are like Muslims, they pretend not to hate Christians and Jews, but the hatred, and the very minimum a dislike, of Christians and Jews is core to its practice.

I have studied their religion for a 3-4 years and have known many mormons. There relgion is not as "fantastic" as they try to portray it. They believe some crazy stuff. They believe that one day, certain men, not women, will get to become a god over there own planet, just like God the Father. Not only will they get their own planet, they also get many wives. And they also believe God has many wives and they had a whole bunch of "spirit children" in Heaven. We are all born spirit children. A spirit child becomes a human child once born on the earth.

Want more weird stuff?
    They believe:
    -Satan and Jesus are brothers.
    -Mary was not a virgin when she had Jesus.
    -Joseph Smith said himself that he could be better than Jesus.

Mormoinism is complete heresy and a complete abomination to God.

Because Mormonism denies the biblical truth of who God is, who Jesus is, how forgiveness of sins is attained, and what the gospel is, the Mormon is not Christian -- in spite of all their claims.

Mormons are for the most part friendly people, they share common words with Christians, that they help their people, and that they do many good things. But that isn't what makes someone Christian. Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23, " Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!" (NKJV). Becoming a Christian does not mean belonging to a church, doing good things, or simply believing in God. Being a Christian means that you have trusted in the true God for salvation, in the True Jesus -- not the brother of the devil, not the god of Mormonism, not the gospel of Mormonism. Mormonism is false and cannot save anyone.

this is why Christian zealots bang on Mormons.. i take jabs at em but i admire them and find them to be pleasant.. rather or not they are right or wrong is outta my hands.. i can only say what is true for me not the next man.
    test
  12. JASON ANTHONY

Stacee's family is Mormon so I've been to a lot of events and had home teachers come to our house. Yeah the shit they believe is weird, but how can you tell me the Bible isn't just as weird.

You've already gone and proven the point of my thread by judging their beliefs. They don't hate Christians on the outside or deep down. They legitamently care about other people and actually want to be accepted by the Christian community rather than chased off doorsteps and preached against. So what if they think they'll get there own planet? What the fuck does their view of the afterlife have to do whit who they are?
    test
  13. JASON ANTHONY

Sorry... just read the rest of your post.

Yeah that is exactly what they think of Mormons and it's hypocritical bullshit.
    test
  14. JASON ANTHONY

test
  15. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

You know in the bible where it speaks aboutthe church of leodecia the "luke warm" church generation. Ya well we are certainly in those days. God says be hot or cold do not be lukewarm, or (then he gives a rather conserning warning). Anyways ya not everyone that claims the title has earned the stripes so to speak. But people are not our gauge for what is or isnt Jesus' life is the only life we should derive our inspiration, and aspiration.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

um.
    This for fact is not true. They dont care to be accepted by "christians that go by the Word of God" they dont even go by the bible. They go by joeseph smith, not Jesus.
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

Thats not the context. The word is a double edge sword as your Armor against spiritual attacks, from the spirit realm. Because you are supposed to recite certain things against demons, and sickness, etc.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

Quit just agreeing to shit u think youve heard before. Or in some cases very well have heard before. But that doesnt mean what u may have heard is correct. At least read the shit so you wont just be agreeing with untrue comments.
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

The Bible is at best a history of the Jewish race plus the only record we have of a man whose wisdom I have come to love and whom I have chosen to believe was God come to earth,

but at worst, it has mistakenly become an object of worship in itself that restrict its worshipers from following Christ's teachings.
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

hey Bp i just noticed that patrown takes Shads statement and alters it from the bible does say.. to the bible doesn't say.. check the original comment. i think he was either correcting or adding his own version of the statement but i doubt he was agreeing
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.