My Canadian Hip-Hop You Might Actually Like Thread

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ghostofmooks, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

FREEDOM WRITERS

[youtube]oZKfibNgrgw&hd=1[/youtube]

[youtube]6wlPfWXM7ak&hd=1[/youtube]

On Wednesday May 27th 2011 the world lost one of the most critical, significant voices in recent history. Gill Scott Heron was not only a poet, musician and cultural pioneer, but he was an artistic freedom fighter and aspiring revolutionary. His words were the soundtrack of the push for transformative change and African liberation. The sound of his voice will forever stir up imagery within us of the active resistance and self- determination synonymous with the Liberation movement of the 60’s and 70’s.

In this Gil Scott Heron tribute, appropriately titled ‘The Revolution will not be Televised’, Freedom Writers Frankie Payne and Tona offer lyrical wisdom, flow and timing placed in between excerpts from Gil Scott Heron’s classic original version. The track is produced and Big Sproxx who also directed the video.

Our hearts and minds go out to the family and friends of our fallen hero, as we wish them peace while they mourn his passing. His epic impact on life and culture will not be forgotten.

Links:

WAVE= http://www.m e g a u p l o a d.com/?d=WINJVHN1

MP3= http://www.m e g a u p l o a d.com/?d=N2INVDE5

Youtube: ‪FREEDOMWRITERSMUSIC's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Twitter: Freedom Writers (FreedomWriters_) on Twitter

Facebook: Freedom Writers | Facebook

Mailing List, Buy Shirts, DJ drops and Interviews: freedomwritersmusic@gmail.com

Show Bookings: Basetone@gmail.com

Video ‪FREEDOM WRITERS - "THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED".‬‏ - YouTube

Video FREEDOM WRITERS - "THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED" on Vimeo
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 2
    test
  2. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

THEO 3 - Love (Close Enough) [prod. Scam]

[​IMG]

THEO3 and SCAM – LOVE (Close Enough) 320kb
    (Download) www. m e g a u p l o a d.com/?d=DTFKQ1U7
    THEO3 and SCAM – LOVE (Close Enough) 320kb - 8 Bar Edit (Stream & Download)
    Download Love (Close Enough) BAR Final mp3

(TORONTO) — Legendary Toronto producer and DJ, SCAM (Dear Hip Hop, About to Change, Power Move show), has always elevated his sound and style with every new project he’s been a part of. From the gritty, street inspired tales of Concrete Mob to the eclectic, true school chops of Thrust, SCAM has laid an incredibly diverse foundation for aspiring producers in the Canadian Hip Hop scene. With his brand new partnership, SCAM has tapped crowd favourite and internationally respected MC THEO3 (How I Flow Part 2, It’s Theo3) who brings his own unique flow and style into the mix. THEO3, fresh off the success of How I Flow part 2 on Much Music and Flow 93.5fm coupled with the humbling accolades from Sirius and WNYU mainstay DJ Eclipse, has managed to tip toe the line between head nodding Hip Hop and wider appeal. The two couldn’t have met at a better time and the sound-scapes emanating from the Time Bandits Music laboratories are set to smash the boundaries and push the limits beyond the average 16 bar verse and 3 minute song.
    With the brand new buzz single LOVE (Close Enough), THEO3 and SCAM play a game of back and forth as the ***** fire lyrics blend over an ever changing composition taking the listener on an unforgettable ride of intense emotions. From one night stands to wedding bands and everything in between, THEO3 delves into the subject of LOVE and its frustrating, rewarding, time consuming and character building twists and turns. In the end, if you can’t be happy with yourself then how can you really seek to please someone else, its a message that resonates with anyone who’s ever navigated the rocky landscape of relationships. This song is sure to connect with audiences everywhere and inspire mass sing a longs to the infectiously catchy chorus.
    Play it loud, Play it often & Enjoy the ride.
    It’s just getting started!

VIA LINEZ - Sub Me In f. Theo 3 (prod. Phat Tony)
    Via Linez – Sub Me In ft. Theo3 [Audio] | HipHopCanada.com

[​IMG]

"Canada’s 2011 Stylus Award Nominee Via Linez ‘tags up’ (no pun intended), with fellow Toronto based emcee extraordinaire Theo3 (DJ Eclipse’s Sleeper Single of 2010). With the upcoming release of Via’s long-awaited Full Length LP Met Expectations, yet another dope single from his project is leaked.

“Sub Me In” is that classic back-and-forth rawness you’d expect from these two when connected. With dapper production assisted by renowned radio personality Big Tweeze AKA Phat Tony, the trio birth instant vintage. Look out for more Via Linez coming soon."
    test
  3. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Those Freedom Writers guys are pretty dope man!
    test
  4. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

^^^ agreed

I don't think I know any newer artists. I'm pretty sure the only canadian hip hop I own is Maestro Fresh Wes and The Rascalz
    test
  5. LarcatChiCity

LarcatChiCity New Member

That first freedom writers song is awesome. "Conscious" without bludgeoning your head with it. Conscious in the same way that old Public Enemy is. Revolutionary themes while still having the focus be on the music and the rhymes.

Really good stuff.
    test
  6. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

dope, thanks for checking y'all.

Magnum - Black Self (Official Music Video)
    [youtube]LYk84IoPFDM&hd=1[/youtube]
    ‪Magnum - Black Self (Official Music Video)‬‏ - YouTube

New Magnum video "Black Self" from his upcoming project....Comment, Share,Favorite & Rate.
    FREE MP3 DOWNLOAD Download Magnum Black Self mp3

Revolver Muzik Records
    - M.A.G.N.U.M (MAGNUM_357) on Twitter
    - Dirtwork Productions (Dirtwork) on Twitter
    - Revolver Muzik Records

ElonSkee
    - ElonSkee's Blog
    - ElonSkee
    - ElonSkee (ElonSkee) on Twitter

Sola - The Apology (Public Service Announcement) [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

[youtube]BdWhEj8JIRo&hd=1[/youtube]
    ‪Sola - The Apology (Public Service Announcement) [OFFICIAL VIDEO HQ]‬‏ - YouTube
    test
  7. LarcatChiCity

LarcatChiCity New Member

WOW.

Listen to the OGs, but only if they speaking knowledge.
    Not a waste man holding his waste bag preaching garbage.

What is the name of the album, and is the rest of the stuff this good?
    test
  8. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

my bad bro is that from the freedom writers joint? if so, there's no album yet but Im sure it's coming soon. They came out of nowhere as a crew but all the MCs and producers are veterans toronto solo acts or from other groups. Theyve been dropping material & videos all spring & summer so I think the LP is around the corner. It's really some of the best music from my area (southern Ontario) Ive heard in a long time.

If that's from the Magnum "Black Self" joint, his album is dropping soon as well, I included some links to his pages & twitter etc if you wanna grab some info. He's out of Montreal & also runs Revolver Muzik label. Peace
    test
  9. LarcatChiCity

LarcatChiCity New Member

Yeah, that is from "Arizona Bay." Thanks for the info.

** Edit ** My bad, from The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

test
  10. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

it's all good, those are from the same crew Freedom Writers. Here's a few more from member Adam Bomb:

[youtube]Z1Uf7ool5t0&hd=1[/youtube]

[youtube]w4XAWGXri70&hd=1[/youtube]
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

There are some dope artists there...kudos. I'll definetely look into it.
    test
  12. BPtheDon

BPtheDon Yeeeeeeuh

:dead:
    test
  13. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

Maestro is definitely a pioneer, the first to get international recognition & # 1 records. Michie Mee a female MC was a big pioneer for Toronto as well, she worked with Boogie Down Productions 20 years ago. Rascalz definitely put Vancouver on the map. here's a few of my favourite classic joints, mostly late 90s early 2000s was the "golden era"

test
  14. Stock IV

Stock IV fevrier

Diggin a lot of this stuff, shame i haven't heard most of it before.
    test
  15. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

I like Saukrates and Kardinal Offishal too. They were appearing on a lot of stateside stuff right around the time I was getting into underground stuff. That late 90's/early 00's Rawkus era.
    test
  16. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

canada has some of the best hip hop
    test
  17. scribbles1188

scribbles1188 Well-Known Member

Mookie knows his shit, don't sleep.

My shit is...

[youtube]SbGCdHrtXCk[/youtube]

[youtube]dMW6EW5hDcI[/youtube]

[youtube]YHUZ52Zj1A4[/youtube]

[youtube]t5YnaSvUeJ8[/youtube]

[youtube]R3zZad47iYw[/youtube]

[youtube]2yoGGvbmdvw[/youtube]

[youtube]ubG06RD7CaQ[/youtube]

[youtube]YYXeNovZPdQ[/youtube]

[youtube]xzUmz9JJF1E[/youtube]

[youtube]ov39OwOUPtg[/youtube]

[youtube]YQr1u1l-rIU[/youtube]
    test
  18. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Lotta good stuff in this thread
    test
  19. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  20. WWByeye

WWByeye former White widow

I listen 2 this when working.
    But I don`t think I should ACTUALLY post in here, cuz we believe, Canada is like a dream land.
    Like tourists comin here believe bout Finland.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.