my beat aint westcoast???

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by urban_tactics, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

yeah i was gonna do that, but i kinda threw that shit up there, beat is like 2 years old...and i dont even kno if i even got the RNS file saved on here anymore....aint seen it in a while
    test
  2. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

i dunno

had d's drums not been so lifeless... id have prolly wanted to vote for him

i am feelin the bassline

but i liked urbs bassline just as much, and he didn't use as much bass
    test
  3. urban_tactics

i hated his bassline...i swear it sounds like he pasted and drug that bassline on a fruity loop sequencer....it woulda been hot if he had just played it out over a metronome with no quantization...but hey...sall good
    test
  4. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

hahaha that dukes beat dont groove at all
    test
  5. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

urb.. ya I like that song.. nice production.. I just posted a new beat update in the other forum, so I came thru here to check some threads and all I see is "damn they voted against me on rockwilders website online beat battles".. just trying to figure out what the big deal is.. I guess Rtistic answered it for me.. but then he lost me when he started talking about there aren't many producers on the 'net period.. someone needs to turn him onto myspace, you can find ANY major producer on there with their own website, networking with people from all over.. then he also said that just because theres vocals to a beat doesn't make you a producer.. well ya it does, it just means that your production might sound bad..
    test
  6. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Ok that nigga had that old ass Ice cube clap on it, weak ass bass line and a fuckin dumb ass lead line. Urb shit got that swing, sounds closer to the new west sound than that shit DJX put up. Urb shit even got a doper bassline. What the fuck is these niggaz smoking?

At this rate I pretty much would have lost the west coast battle to DJX...
    test
  7. urban_tactics

its sad dawg.....I'm gettin slaughtered....I aint never doin a westcoast battle on that site again.....
    test
  8. urban_tactics

rockwilder just commented on the battle....

lol@random haters poppin up in there now....aint been on the site for a week yet and I got major haters...wow son...when I get in the top 10, its over for everybody....
    test
  9. SuperPlex

SuperPlex SuperPlanet

The majority of people on the site have a good attitude, battling for fun but there are the occasional assholes (there seems to be a disproportionate amount of them)
    test
  10. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Well I wasn't really talkin about myspace, I've been there for a while and yeah everyone in the game and out the game is on there....but I speak about those who's primary source for what they do is through the net, not the ones who just use the net as a place to promote and network some. The ones who put every beat they do online as soon as it's finished, and work mainly through the net is what I was talkin about.

As far as callin people "producers" who's finished product isn't good, it's not really that I'm sayin their not producers, but just that they don't really have the concept of producin down as they may think. I mean that in sayin, they make a beat, and ship it to somebody, and they usually don't have much input on the final product. To me, production is not just makin the beat, but makin sure the artist shares the vision in making it a complete song, and not just some verses n a hook thrown on it. I'd still call a lotta cats "beatmakers" vs. a producer when they don't put as much input on the final song, and they focus on just makin the song itself. But that's just how I see it
    test
  11. urban_tactics

its safe to say, its pretty much impossible to make a hot song without a hot producer behind the scenes....which is why I don't collab over the net....songs never come out right....I have to work with ppl in person man...errybody I work wit were actually there with me when we recorded...that's how it should be imo
    test
  12. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Yeah, I rarely do tracks like that over the net. It's always a lot better doin em in person and interactin with them. I don't even like doin tracks with people I barely know...I have to at least have a convo or so with em to catch their vibe and see what they are about. To me, it's a lotta things that make songs hot that aren't ieven part of the beat makin or engineering process itself.
    test
  13. the_P.L.O

the_P.L.O Cunt

urbs beat shits on the other one, it isn't even close

the other one is some cliche'd shit
    test
  14. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

someone had the nerve to call the other one some crip walk shit LMAO, how ignorant
    test
  15. Milli Monotone

Milli Monotone Mr. Like I Give A

Urb man....ya shit has a lot of potential but there was way too much goin on in that beat

that other beat though was average at best, i mean 10 min shit really

I think u took that easy

but if u take out a couple of them synths you'd have a real banger cause right now i dont see any room for vocals with all the shit u got goin on in that

but it still bumps....much love
    test
  16. the_P.L.O

the_P.L.O Cunt

a lot of the synths drop out for the verse, he didn't do it by accident, there's plenty of room imho

if the piano went as he said he was going to, there'd be even more, but i like it with the piano in there personally

space can be made at mixdown anyway
    test
  17. Arkane Beats

Arkane Beats www.arkanebeats.com

see this is what i dont like about rocbattle....

urban's beat is clearly better... alot of those votes are suspect as fuck
    test
  18. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

djx beat had more of a commerical west coast sound even though it was alittle stiff.
    test
  19. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

^ wasnt shit commercial about DJX shit....commercial german hip hop maybe?
    test
  20. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

^omg..lmfao..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.