My amp wont work when its cold ?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by dj anticz, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj anticz

dj anticz MURDAGRAM GANGSTA!!!!!!!!

when its cold outside my amp doesnt turn on

i spoke with somebody that knew a thing or two and he said the coils in my amp may be to cold to transmit the amount of energy needed to function.

when its nearly cold outside around 55-60 degrees than i have to turn the volume for my amp down to about 30 percent in order to work.

its to cold for my subs to work at all now.. any suggestions??

i was thinken about putting a small heater in my trunk and powering it thru my car lighter but there must be a simplier way.
    test
  2. 55 degrees? My JL's shatter the earth at 32 degrees. I never had that happen to me, but I'm heard that it CAN happen. Weird.
    test
  3. dj anticz

any advice?? what did the people do that u heard it happen to?
    test
  4. Butfuklo

Butfuklo New Member

Wont they work if you warm the car up?
    test
  5. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

u got a cheap amp or somethin?
    test
  6. dj anticz

I have a kenwood amp. and no it doesnt work after my car heats up because the amp is in my trunk and that doesnt heat up; the amp is mounted to my sub box as well.
    test
  7. guhraver69

guhraver69 New Member

test
  8. Money's Worth

Money's Worth 202 All Day

I would just get another amp, what kind of amp u got anyways? I never had that problem, i could see it bein too hot but i dunno i would just get another amp instead of putting a heater in the trunk.
    test
  9. CharmSmoker

CharmSmoker Illest RM Poster

I used to have that problem on my first car, I had the bootleg Sony Xploid, step your game up bruh, lol I remember that though and it goes in and out the people in your car like whats wrong lol yo just get another amp or you might need to just get a whole new system. I had some good speakers and amp one time but a cheap cd player if you wanna the bang you gotta spend the bucks
    test
  10. DragonAvatar

DragonAvatar Folks

Maybe your amp is dying? Unable to transfer its full power like it use to.
    test
  11. ThaGrimiestOne

ThaGrimiestOne Human Beatboxer

i just find it wierd that your amp dies out at 55-60 degrees? Where do you live at? I live in New york and from late september to late may you dont see temperatures over 30-40 degress and my amp runs fine. I bought a cheap one from pep boys..i think the brand is spx? And during the winter when its hitting 0 degress and below, my amp still cranks out the power. I think you just have a lemon amp, meaning the coils arent right or something.
    test
  12. DonMajikJuan

DonMajikJuan New Member

I had the same problem with my 600 watt kenwood...but i upgraded to a 1200 watt acoustic sound and it runs like a champ in any weather
    test
  13. Jay Sin

Jay Sin Sin Luciano

my pioneer runs fine in the cold. i've heard that it can happen though. you can't drop one of your back seats down? so the trunk can heat up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.