My 360 is officially dead

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Wrectify1, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Fuck this. I'm buying a PS3 next month.

Thanks alot Microsoft. I'm officially out of $400 dollars.
    test
  2. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Damn, R.I.P
    You should send it in to be fixed though & atleast trade it in & get some value for it.

Trade in ya PS2 & refurbished 360 for either a 60 or 80GB PS3.
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

You know what's weird.....I actually think it is overheating. When I am not using my 360..I leave it plugged in...maybe that isn't a good idea. I unplugged everything and let the system sit for a while...then I plugged everything back up and it worked like nothing happened. This is some weird shit. I am still getting a PS3 next mth...I don['t have time for this shit.

Good idea on trading in the PS2 though....but wait...PS3 isn't backwards compatible is it?
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

just send in for a new one
    test
  5. ReverseSWAT

The 40GB one isn't. The 20GB 60GB & 80GB are though.
    Best bet is to find a 60GB while there are still a few floating around, its the best one.
    test
  6. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

ive been playing ps2 games on my ps3 all week so yeah its backwards compatible. it also upscales the games for you so you dont have to play in letterbox 4:3 or 480p like you have to on the 360.
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

not all of them do...only certain models have backwards compatibility...and certain models have issues with certain games...the og units are the best ones...as for now...theres no backwards compatibility anymore on newer units.....

and wrectify....you cant send your unit back in for repair?
    test
  8. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

They told me that I would have to pay $100 plus one way shipping fees. That's just not fair at all. I didn't cause it to break. Not to mention, I did several searches online and lots of people have been having the same issue.

Anyway, last night I tried something. I cleared the harddrive once again. Then I put in that Simpson's game....it played..then as soon as I clicked the "A" button to get my achievement, it said "unreadable disk". So, I cleared the harddrive AGAIN. I then put in Call of Duty 4....It started up fine...but now...for some reason...you can't hear the dialogue in the game. Only the subtitles work....but u can hear dialogue at the beginning of the game.....weird. So, I took that disc out and I put in timeshift...it worked perfectly.

I just think it's unfair that I paid $400 dollars for a system.....i don't think i've even had it a yr yet and it's acting retarded...yet I have to shell out money because these things tend to break overtime. Sad thing is..I don't even play my 360 as often as others might...and it is STILL acting like it's in the ICU. I really have no idea why this stuff is happening. It's obviously not the DVD drive going bad because I can play DVD's fine. The harddrive is suspect now I think. I don't know. I may try to buy a new one.

Someone mentioned something abt only being able to play in 480p with 360 and scaling games...what is that abt? Because I did change the console setting on my 360 to 1080i or something when playing call of duty 4.
    test
  9. ReverseSWAT

Only the 40GB doesn't have BC... 20, 60, & 80 do.
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

100$??? wtf you do to you system??? i hope you didn't fuck with it none, cause that will most likely void the warranty
    test
  11. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I didn't do anything to it, I BARELY even played it....the 360 is an unstable piece of shit. Now I am stuck with a fucking $400 console that doesn't even work. It will only play DVD's..it doesn't recognize games. It was working fine one day...the next morning..I got up to play and the shit didn't work.

Yes, they told me $100 fucking dollars plus one way shipping...I refuse to pay that...I already payed $400 for the system...why spend more money because of Microsoft's hardware flaws. I'll go get me a PS3 for Xmas with my $100 dollars.

And warranty? They told me it expired...so I am SOL basically. I feel like throwing this thing off a freeway overpass.

Say I do send it in for repairs, they will just replace it with the same crappy hardware...it's not even worth it.
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

who told you??? The 360 got a 3 year warranty, and it aint been out 3 years yet....

it's still on warranty
    test
  13. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea, but the warranty only covers the RROD. Thats what they told me.
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

yea but the backwards compatibility on the 20, 60 and 80 arent the same....if im not mistaken the 80 gb doesnt have the emotion chip...its software emulated like the 360....so if he's getting a ps3 and backwards compatibilty is important he should try and track down one of the older models...
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

manufacturers warranty is 1 year.....rrod warranty is 3 years.....i dont think youve had your unit more then a year?
    test
  16. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Nah I haven't....but I don't have the receipt for it.
    test
  17. ReverseSWAT

20GB & 60GB PS3s play 99.8% of PS2 games and play ALL PSone games
    80GB PS3s play 90% of PS2 games (& % increases through updates) and play ALL PSone games
    40GB PS3s play NO PS2 games but play ALL PSone games

So like I said.. 60GB or 80GB is his best deal.
    test
  18. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I just sent for a box to send it off for repair. The cost was $103.79. They are supposed to send me some box...then I'll mail the system to them. I better get my original 360 back too..I've heard of some ppl getting refurbished ones back.
    test
  19. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

you'll get a refurb.....bitch enough and you can get a new one
    test
  20. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

the 360 is barely backward compatible.

ill worry about the letter box when any of my hitman games start working
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.