Mutiny or fear of change?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by this problem, Jun 23, 2013.

1. this problem

this problem Active Member

It seems a little stupid that even the moderators are jumping ship without giving things a chance to be implemented long enough for people to have feedback about it. I seriously doubt rapmusic intended on completely destroying any momentum it had. Is there a conflict between the site owners and the moderators?

Current observations:
    1. Rap music is more geared towards positivity, and that is really offending people.
    2. RM might actually have a higher calibur of conversation with less trolling if people are not given
    the power to destroy a persons reputation. RM will lose some regulars who dedicate their lives to their rapmusic persona, but maybe more battle rappers will feel comfortable posting here because of that.
    3. The majority of people bouncing the RM seem like they are people more concerned with their online persona than they are with actually getting information regarding battles.

At this point, I would like to know what RAPMUSIC.COM offers that RM doesn't because I can't justify heading over there just because people don't like change. I get battles here, right now they're easy to see (even though I would still like to see the entire row highlighted) and if the conversations and negativity are the only things missing, I'm not mad at that. I would be curious to get some sort of an official statement from the forum operators and the moderators before I start shitting the bed.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. this problem

wow...and for the record, the forum just autocorrected Are Emm Bee Vee Aye to RAPMUSIC.COM. That's pretty lame, especially when I was trying to have a normal causal conversation. -1 for rapmusic.
    test
  3. Dark Magic

Dark Magic Member

Rm bva looks like, and operates like everyone wants rapmusic.com to look and operate like, so why wouldn't we move there?

Its just a fucking website.
    test
  4. ESheights

ESheights Active Member

Sites never learn leave forums the hell alone if they're popular as is. Allhiphop had the most popular hip hop forum a while back, they did an update changing the whole thing and the traffic has never been the same. Not even close. And they were to stubborn to change it back.
    test
  5. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

What I don't get though is why you guys miss that design, I don't see whats so good about it tbh. idk why people think that design is so much better. The only thing thats been making this site go down is the fact people stopped posting and went to that other site, but I just don't understand why, its like they never even gave this a fair chance. But shit, if everyone goes there and there's noone left here, then what can ya do, eventually I'll have to leave too if everyone else is. But not because of the design
    test
  6. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

One thing I've noticed lately is I don't miss the reps at all lol. I thought I would, but after a while I've realized how pointless it is lol.

Maybe if they made the rep number a big red if its low that would help the guys who care about that
    test
  7. Dark Magic

Dark Magic Member

Because we're used to it and it just feels less cluttered to me.

Its not that we're afraid of change, we just didn't feel it was necessary and we just plain don't like it.

Lol "give it a chance", its a forum for discussing battle rap, its not that serious. The rep system still hasn't been restored, etc. Why wait for it here when we already have everything we want over there?
    test
  8. FreshAIG

FreshAIG Active Member

Less posters means less trolling. I like the board better now.
    test
  9. JustJ123

JustJ123 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna come here for specific battles once they drop, just cause I know the battlers themselves visit here and if I haven't seen them on RAPMUSIC.COM, I might still be interested in seeing what they have to say on the battle, if they all start jumping ship too I'll probably give up on this place.

And it really has nothing to do with fear of change, it has more to do with the vast majority being unhappy with the change(though to be fair, I have no idea how people outside BVA feel, but fuck those guys) site goes down for 24 hours come back and it just felt like an entirely new site(outside of the userbase) if I can continue posting on a site that feels exactly the same as the old ne, with the old userbase, I see no reason not too.

And I'm not really down with the whole argument of getting use to it, I shouldn't have to get use to it, that is pretty much flat out saying "Yes, we know it sucks" I'm use to the youtube changes they made a couple months ago, doesn't mean I'm happy with them, and doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer the old look back.

Spend enough time around a person who doesn't shower and eventually you stop noticing their smell to the extent you use to.

Why did I fucking write all this?
    test
  10. this problem

I'm just confused because Foreman is over at the RM BVA talking about how people need to be patient because they can't handle the traffic. It's not different. If you don't want to get used to things, that's fine. I'm just saying it was nice to have everyone in one place, battlers and fans alike. Now there are multiple sites that clusterfuck the whole scene into little parts because people jumped ship instead of helping make RM better.
    test
  11. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

FWIW the vibe on the new place is extremely positive. I like parts of the rep change here (particularly the visibility of it) but what I really like about the change here is the new ignore system.
    test
  12. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Bitches Love Soda

On another note, I'm gone. And fuck Rap Music.
    test
  13. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Everybody is positive about something new where you get to start over. The slate is clean, the potential is endless.

Eventually the honeymoon has to end and the reality sets in. That's when you have to deal with all the imperfections you might have overlooked before.
    test
  14. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

That sounds like firsthand experience.
    test
  15. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

i see your points , i'm def gonna continue to post here along with there (rm bva) .. but i actually really like the layout here now that they've updated it and ive been posting here for close to a decade , through diff eras and have seen the people change

i have noticed and agree with what your saying about alot of the people who really care about online personas (which most of the trolls are) have left to Otb va or rm bva ... it sucks fot the cats who run RM cause theyve done so much for the scene for like 15 years but it does make it a more chill site for the remaining posters
    Ot bva by far the worse though , nothing but shit talking , trolling , little homo clicks & gay shit
    test
  16. philadelphiaLAW

philadelphiaLAW Active Member

i go on ot bva and here....and honestly...it has the same type of conversations and content....
    test
  17. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

i mean there all similar obv. the other sites were once posters here .. but simlar posters broke off ... Rapmusic and RM bva are pretty much the same but OT bva is a troll haven, constantly shit talkin / "bodying" other posters , super clique ish w/ homo erotic humor and are just weird as fuck
    test
  18. this problem

I was checking out RM BVA because it seems like that's where people are posting all the current discussion events, but I'm more interested in using this site as a battle channel. It was just nice to have all of it it one place. I didn't really see any particular moment that would drive all the mods away, but it seems like they just decided they really wanted reps.
    test
  19. philadelphiaLAW

philadelphiaLAW Active Member

you have some weird, blind allegiance to this site

because i favor no site in particular...but all of those concerns you posted apply here as well...
    test
  20. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

There are different positives and negatives to each site. There are reasons to post on each one.
    test