Muthafuckin' proactivity

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by The Butcher, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

hahaha@ rat's Pass.

I onno, it's all Jesus.
    test
  2. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

Calliz aka Mark Spitz New Member

60 Cycle Hum has been amazingly generous with his beats. Don't hate/sleep... he's gangsta beyond thunderdome

Word to Kail on Joint Custody and Customer Service handling track business... my e-mail addy: calliz@lycos.com we'll get some serious contact information down and lay groundwork.

On the strength tho, all that's going on right now is feather ruffling. Only birds taking flight have been migrating for years.

I don't mean this with cynic intent, but I've been told "get off your ass and do something" for the past 6 years. I'm just NOW in the early stages of bein bout that biz as far as music's concerned. It's a personal choice. Amping off of somebody else's energy for the sake of the moment accomplishes nothing.
    test
  3. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

I think we left around 2:30 or 3:00, Kail was trying to play me his new beats but he couldn't find the cd, which was wack cause I really wanted to hear that new ish. He wouldn't budge on the battle front so I've given up. He did bust some ridiculousness in the cypher, customer service was definately running that shit. I actually got in the cipher for a bit, which is rare for me.

We got pulled over by the cops around 3:00 or so for speeding, which sucked cause we were making great time back to the barb. I'm gonna try to come down again soon and connect with the blowed heads and all that. Maybe bo-rat, pat and myself will hit up the thursday night ordeal.

60 has sick beats, anyone grab them ASAP because it's worth it. Pass, I'll hit you with some beats. If you want to pay me for them, that's cool cause I spend a bundle on old vinyl, but I'll hook you up for free. Let me know about that grant as well, I'll help you with that, too.
    test
  4. Mc Meskaline

Mc Meskaline theNobodies

kail is a smart man.. cats need to get shit done.. im down to collab with anyone here, i got respect and like most of your music a lot.. ive done shit with okwerdz before but he trashed it cuz it was no good...

dj illete could bang out some beats if anyone wants to collab.. 60 cycle wont donate a beat to the mesk need a beat foundation cuz he doesnt like over weight rappers..

but if yall only have heard me battle.. heres some songs i did..

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=393631&q=Hi

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=551762&q=Hi

i could flip emotional, battle, hype, happy, funny, mean, anything.. yanamean.. im also bored at work so i type infinite amounts of letters..
    test
  5. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

What About Nut!!!...
    test
  6. alexis

alexis MCB Moderator

You sixty.. Hit me up at alexis@emceebattles.com
    test
  7. ChItOwNLuV

ChItOwNLuV In your girls ass!

I hope you guys aren't falling for that fool Mage's nonsense. This guy, has to be one of the corniest rappers ever to touch a mic. This little hindu, all he does is record in the garage of his girlfriends house with a shitty mic and an old stereo system. Don't get gassed!!!!!!!!!

.....Nah, just playing. Mage is hindu though.

But what he said is absolutely right. Too many people are gassed beyond belief that they are on some incredible podeum standing above every other emcee because they hang with a crew of emcees who do nothing but hype up one another. Rejecting collabos, not offering beats, charging for appearances like they are signed to a fucking major. I mean, everyone's gotta eat, but you are all caught up in the same struggle to try and get heard.

Not saying give out beats to whoever, or just hop on mixtapes, cause lord only knows how many asswhipes with no talent are out there, thinking they can collab and stand toe to toe with anyone. But if you are an underground(unsigned) artist, networking yourselves is the best thing you can do.

It's pretty simple how the shit works.

Okwerdz is known in Cali, has his underground buzz, but isn't really stretched throughout NY.

Mage is known through NY (and just cause he hasn't performed with Tonedeff, or opened for Immortal technique) doesn't mean that he is a nobody, but isn't known through Cali.

Okwerdz and mage collab together. Okwerdz sells his tapes in cali, people hear mage, like him or hate him, he is now exposed to more people, just as okwerdz will be to those that mage is shopping his tape to in NY.

This works for producers as well. If you are an unsigned producer, why the fuck are you selling your beats for crazy prices. You shouldn't be charging, or if you are, 50 bucks tops, and get that shit to as many emcees as you can.
    test
  8. Trax

Trax way more flyer

ya and Esoteric aint make it ether

im not saying Ok is wack cuz he aint

he just wont make it cuz NOONE will vibe to his voice enough to be a sucessfull comercial artist

if he does

good more power to him
    test
  9. Verbal Marksman

^^^
    His voice isn't really annoying at all...ever heard a track from him?
    test
  10. Yaloss

Yaloss BOOYAHKAH

Rochus is makin moves...ya'll just don't here bout em much cuz i don't have internet...but i have plans for fools. I'm buildin an empire down here dude...day by day. I've gotta vision for this shit

i will slowly take over college radio and get respect for the name at open mic joints then i wanna open the floodgates for everyone...

I HAVE A DREAM

and i wake up from it everyday to asu and its random fine bitches

but it will happen

ANYONE THAT EVER WANTS TO GET IN CONTACT
    (hahaha...thas funny)

520-490-3441 open anytime
    yaloss@excite.com

i have a lotta cs's numbers but haven't called yet cuz i don't have good offerings...but soon people...oh so soon
    test
  11. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

YOOO chi is just mad that I told everyone who he is, cuz hes in the industry. hes actually JEru the damaja.....

YAloss... you in AZ? my DJ just moved out there, hes ill as hell and hes a sick engineer who needs more experience. he is also dabbling with beat making. GEt at me so I Can give U his information, if U need a DJ and happen to be withing radius of him in AZ.

MEDEANOX@aol.com
    test
  12. STRATUS

STRATUS my 9 mm goes BANG!!!!!!!

I've hooked up with both 60 and hecktick for beats, both very nice fellas by the way. I would like to see a big cali crew cut with awk, ex-i, kail, no can do, franco, stratizzle, aok, calliz, pass and oruku over a banger of a 60 cycle beat. man, even get those central cali heads up in it, shamrizzly, boney, golden child etc
    test
  13. Yaloss

Yaloss BOOYAHKAH

gimme his info yo...and i've been in az forever

and no crew cut would be complete w/o rochus...fuck gettin no respect
    test
  14. XoVeR

XoVeR The CaucAzn Afro Pimp

haha for real though

Here is the thing, when people say the need to do shit, and get shit done, don't just be about the talk people, DO IT. Just think CS, Ok and JC did not even know who each other a few months ago until an oppurtunity came up where they could all meet up with each other. But you cannot wait for oppurtunities to come all the time, y'all got to take initiative, and create those oppurtunities. Most of you cats have garnered a bit of a name, now it is a time to use that and expand ya names bigger, Sacrifices should not just be made, but they MUST be made.

I personally would love to do more shit, but the way situation is for me now I have lived in three different areas in the last 6 months, and I am about to be in my fourth come jan when I move to AZ. Granted it has allowed me to meet people and make the connections, but it has also seriously delayed me from doing anything. It is like since the last Sunday Service shit has spiraled down for me.

Lastly, when someone says, Lets get shit done, GET SHIT DONE. DOn't procrastinate on projects, don't make empty promises, and don't be fucking fools. The thing I see that lacks the most amongst all of us, and I have had discussions about this with Sighphor1, Roch, No Can Do, Kail, and Ex I, people do lack the professionalism it takes to succeed in this buisness, some of y'all fool around to much, some of y'all lack the motivation, and decide just to have fun, and music will be there the next day. I can tell each and everyone of y'all, music can be there one day, then gone the next. Use the time you have with it to create the music, make the connections, become knowledgable about the buisness ( YES THE BUISNESS) first, then focus on the fun. IF you do shit right, both can coincide, you can be a professional and have fun, you can be successful making sacrifices for greater gains. But some of y'all do not want to sacrifice shit.

This comes from someone who knows each and everyone of y'all pretty well, I hope you don't take it as an insult or an ego shot, take it as has it how to be.
    test
  15. Verbal Marksman

Whoa, that would be be my dream track, actually. Sweet Jesus, I really think that we should try to do that shit. I don't know, wishful thinking....

But yea, I just got my grant application for 5 gs and I'm gonna use the money to make a studio, and hopefully my crew and I can make a fuckin ill album. I'm gonna try to get tracks from people from this board, other cats that I know, get production from people I know, so on, so on, so on.
    test
  16. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

homey, you gotta write the grant on some NOW shit. you don't need 5 g's of equipment to make an ill album, you need an ill crew and teh equipment will help you...
    I think should put you in touch with my friend who lives right by you in oakland, he's going to that music/video school up in emeryville. He's been learning how to do mixdowns and all that shit and could prob. give you help on the equipment front. I'm making more beats, so I'll hit you soon with more stuff...
    test
  17. Verbal Marksman

Yea, I really do need to write this grant now, but I'm writin it so my whole crew can have a studio to make the album, I don't want to write the whole grant for my whole crew. We ALL need to get this shit put together, so I'm tryin to think of some cool time we can sit down and write it. There are these classes in West Oakland on how to use studio equipment for free, so I'm gonna have to do that shit.
    test
  18. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

Funny How I Said What About Nut 2x...And Neva Got Recognized Fa That Comment...Jus Like At Served...Afta Tha Battle...Dude Went Around Invite'n Peeps Ta Street Rock...Anotha Dude Went Around Try'n Ta Get Cats On Tracks...I Got Slept Tha Fuck On Cuz I Lost In Tha 1st Round...Big Fuck'n Deal...It Happens Ta Alotta People...

I Got Connects...I'm Try'n Ta Get At Ya'll Fa Tracks...Promote Peeps Out Here As Well...But Since I Fucked Up On A Freestyle No1ne Wants Ta Even Try & Touch Down A Track Wit Me Besides Prolyl Xover, Yaloss & Vyrous...Shit's Mad Gay...

Watch...When I Get My Shine Ya'll Flock...Tha'z Word...
    test
  19. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

SO WHAT's GOOD?

YALOSS: my homies AIM name is DJSTEALTHone11 <----- IM him and tell him MAGE said U guys should connec. put him on, however U can, and if U need an ill DJ im sure he wouldnt mind rockin.

I think that all of you ill kats from Cali should put together some tracks and combine them with some of the ill cats from NY, and we both distribute that shit hand to hand on both coasts.

Start naming some names of who might be interested. I cant speak for some of your favorite dudes from NY who post up here, but as for me, I am down, and so is my homie Verb( from NY).
    test
  20. STRATUS

STRATUS my 9 mm goes BANG!!!!!!!

mage that is a wonderful idea of splendidness. 10 cali tracks, 10 NY tracks, one copmilation of DOPENESS and exposure for everybody. And I say if we're gonna do it up right, get it pressed up and maybe even try some distro on it get it out there for real. With 30 something heads the contributions wouldnt have to be alot, or maybe we could all have a benefit show or some shit. For the cali side of things everyone who would participate would hook up to throw a show and all the money made from that would go to pressing the cd. I dunno, I'm definately down for it though. It has potential to be a really dope project if done right.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.