Muthafuckin' proactivity

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by The Butcher, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Butcher

The Butcher New Member

This past few months I have met some of the dopest hip hop artists in the world and its a damn shame that they aren't doing all that they could be doing. I don't know anyone, whether in or outside of the industry, that has as much raw skill and character as Okwerdz, Ex-I, Passwurdz, Sahtyrickal, Thunderhut, Slacker9, Stratus, and many other acts that are ahead of their time. The only problem is that resources aren't being realized. Its terrible to know that the dopest beat makers out here and the illest emcees don't ever get to meet each other. Why is it that Hecktic from Glendale (sick ass producer) and Grunge from San Jose haven't worked on a ground breaking joint yet? Why is it that Customer Service hasn't done a colab with joint custody? Instead of bullshitting on this board why can't we start reclaiming hip hop. We hav everything we need we just have to mix it all together. So, if anyone needs beats or colabs or anybody is selling or giving away production and verses then make it happen. Get in touch with each other. Be muthafuckin' proactive!
    test
  2. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

hell gyeah, I'm trying to get nocando, franco and ex-i on this one beat I made, franco's writing for it, I sent the beat in audio and data format to willy, aok's younger brother and ex-i has only AIM'ed me once, but he just had surgery...he better be down here battling on the 17th!
    test
  3. XoVeR

XoVeR The CaucAzn Afro Pimp

Becuase nobody is willing to sacrifice anything. People nowadays don't feel all the effort it takes is not worth it, which I feel is dumb.
    test
  4. Aok of WP's

Aok of WP's Customer Service Crew

Well said! NETWORK MUHFUKKAS!
    test
  5. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

hey im doing my best to get beats to everyone that wants to colab, bastids. dont hate on me, i moved to san diego just for music!!!! BOOooOOOOO YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    test
  6. Sahtyrickal

Sahtyrickal New Member

damn yo...that shit touched me and i think im gonna cry now lol

naw but real shit, i appreciate that kail...i kno alot of ppl from this board havent gotten a chance to hear me cuz i have so much trubble makin it to battles and stuff...

everyone...listen to kail...he knows what hes talkin bout
    test
  7. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

Lemmme schoooooll some of you hiphop hopefulls on the sad state of hiphop today, and why the idealistic idea U just suggested hasnt been working. (believe me, I've tried.)

When I first came thru to this board I was advertising my engineers studio, for beats and for studio time, extending invitations to emcees to do collabs with me, and trying to organize a mixtape of unheard material from all the ill underground emcees that were willing to throw down for some extra promotion. You know what happened? my hand was pushed back to me, and I was even ridiculed by some pretensious, self absorbed halfway hiphop-hippies ( LIKE THAT FAGGOT LREBEL).

The internet, as well as over commercialization has flooded hiphop with a bunch of new comers who think that all you gotta do is have a computer to be an emcee.

Truely ill underground artists ( like me ) are getting frustrated and annoyed with this fucking HERD of idiots who is dilluting the potency of the emcee and I am sure that Ill producers feel the same. ( There are like a MILLION internet producers now who can DL two programs off kazaa, and all of a sudden they think they are alchemist. )

There is way too much EGO and jaded pretention in the underground, I myself witnessing that when I was denied by some of your favorite underground emcees in my attempt to do the mixtape. I am humble, but it hurts when some underground legend with a fraction of my talent tells me hes too big for that shit.

And the more I meet people who are"emcees" or "producers", the more I realize that most of those people are just perpatrating a faud, putting a mask on for a little while cuz its teh cool thing to do, and people are beginning to notice it.

Now when I meet someone who is an emcee, or a producer, I say " Oh, you do that too huh..." and pretty much am doubtful of their talent. it's sad, but Im jaded.

The one glimmer of hope is when I see shit like Okwerds traveling in teh name of hiphop and getting up with a slew of emcees and just making music or cyphering. THat shit is kool. I wish everyone was as openminded , witha fresh outlook as Okwerds is. And although im the harbinger of bad news, heres my hand, again.

Any of you kats from the west coast , or anywhere else for that matter want to have a kool connec in NY, maybe even a place to crash when it gets gully, do collabos with, then get at MAGE : Medeanox@aol.com

Im still not jaded enough to refuse a good collabo or an ill beat.

peace
    test
  8. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

Yo, Kail, I feel exactly the same, homie. I appreciate the comment about me, too. It's funny, I was just watchin a battle with you at some battle that Phillipdrummond was hostin. You served some guy, but for some reason he won....

Anyway, that's not the point. hehehehe I totally agree with you, man. That's why I'm tryin to get this grant for a studio I'll build in short time. I also wanted to see if I could buy some beats from Phillipdrummond, and in a perfect world, I'd record with Customer Service/Wierd Peoples. hehehe
    test
  9. sixty cycle hum

sixty cycle hum short arms, deep pockets

ill give u free beats pass...hit me up.
    test
  10. Verbal Marksman

^^^
    REALLY? What's your email, man?
    test
  11. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

I'm Down Fa Whateva...Get At Me!!!...
    test
  12. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

kail got jerked and so did nocando...fuck audience based shit, NEVER AGAIN!!!!! I'm assuming that you got the package, passwurdz, based on that statement...

Sahtyrickal, I'm pretty certain I met you at blowed tonight, you're a chill kid, got skills for sure, nice to meet you.
    test
  13. ThaBoRat

ThaBoRat New Member

^word to kail & m AGE.. i'll hit u up if i'm in NY.

but on the real, i need to start living this shit more. like, when i go to a dope event, there's nothing better than that for me. just seeing everything that's going on is crazy, and participating in it makes it that much better.

haha, i had such a good time at blowed tonight i contemplated moving to la and becoming Blowed-Rat.

but that shit was dope, mang!!!

big up hip hop

peace
    test
  14. Trax

Trax way more flyer

Okwardz will never be shit

cuz he has the worst voice in hiphop
    test
  15. Verbal Marksman

^^^
    Uh, ever heard of Esoteric?

Oh, and yea, Phillip, I got the tape. That shit was pretty dope, except for Kail got fuckin jerked, yea and so did Nocando. But whatever, it's all Jesus.

Yo, Franco killed that one battle at that sorority, that shit was fuckin vicious. Crazy multis/compound.
    test
  16. DoppelGangeer

DoppelGangeer New Member

Amen to this thread...
    test
  17. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

Don't ever say that again.
    test
  18. Verbal Marksman

^^^
    Yo, that's my sayin, though.
    test
  19. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

I don't give a rats Pass, don't say that shit ever uh-gaine.
    test
  20. Sahtyrickal

Sahtyrickal New Member

fasho...nice to meet u too dawg

what time did u leave last nite/ this morning?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.