Music

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by allnakey, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allnakey

allnakey Sex is no fun by yourself

How big of a factor does music play in your writing....? Some pieces I've written have been inspirted by many different songs. Sometimes I listen to music beofre I write, I never can really listen to the music and write at the same time. I try and play a smooth melody back in my mind sometimes, it helps the flow of my words to come out better and just keep everything going. Anyways music contribuets quite a bit to my writing. It helps to get me into a writing mood so to say
    test
  2. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Every piece I have written was written to music. I cant write without music playing in the back. If I happen to be somewhere where there is no music playing, I try to play the shit in my head. But that's kinda hard doing that and writing at the same time. It helps my flow and structure alot.
    test
  3. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Yall should try writing to some of Norah Jones.
    test
  4. The_MRB

The_MRB infiltrate your border

i cant write with music playing its a distraction i get too involved in the music
    test
  5. Psycho69

Psycho69 A Soul Born In Verse

At times I listen to music.. Some of my favourite poems come from listening to music like..

Linkin Park
    Christophe Beck (anything he composed for Buffy)
    Adema
    Grey Daze
    Bif Naked (A few songs)
    Sarah Mclachlan
    Evanescence

etc etc..
    test
  6. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

HA HA HA, no, lol....He's right though, she's got some influential ways about her...Psycho69 has a nice list too, I dont really like Adema, but I listen to the others.

Music is a major influence in helping me with my writing. I turn it on, and just let what's in flow to the beat sometimes...Other times the music is a distraction so I gotta turn it off, but unlike MindSoul, I can play a song in my mind and write, it's a little wierd, but possible...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.