Murda Mook vs DNA: Is Everyone Too Hard on DNA? (Pause)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by teacozy, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Mook never had a "wack" performance, true. I always felt he lost to Lux (IMO, this one can be debated all day) and Millz. Party Arty, I can say he beat. Jihad beat him, though that battle was all recycled shit from the both of them.
    test
  2. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

i had mook and lux 4 rounds to 4. classic battle by both giants. mooks 2nd and 3rd are so nice. bout to watch the battle again tbh
    test
  3. jrich730

jrich730 Member

Its all about the Internet there are more cameras on dudes now and days there are many many mediums to discuss this shit people didn't see look until battles dropped so there are a lot more oppurtunities to hate DNA plus his fans ain't as big of dick riders
    test
  4. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

DNA is so fucking corny tho.
    test
  5. teacozy

teacozy New Member

I've sat through that long-ass battle like three times and the first time I had Lux, second time Mook (I was using old-school Smack rules and DQ'ed Lux when he fucked up) and the third viewing I had it like 5 rounds for Lux and three for Mook. Half an hour of nothing but Smack DVD-era bars is hard to sit through, tho. lmao.

The Lux that battled Miles shits on the Lux that battled Mook, I notice.

But yeah, Mook lost every round to Jae Millz and came back in 2008 and bodied Young Hot with some of the best lines he's ever written (Never topped "I got a cocoa butter clip that'll clear these marks out", tho). Personally I like Rex better from that era and K-Shine better now but I think DNA can get to that level of bodybag in a year or two. Issue is, he gets enough views and has enough fans to where I dunno if he'll really make that progression
    test
  6. TEJ2025

TEJ2025 New Member

I actually enjoy DNA battles for the most part (Big T battle wasn't one I could re-watch because neither person was good in that battle). The hate for the outside the battle stuff shouldn't dictate whether you like his battles or not.

Oh and he beat Farnum, Oun P, and Surf and Dizaster backed out of their battle not DNA.
    test
  7. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

Cosign this. A lot of the guys who are considered the trailblazers of battling really wouldn't be all that special if they came out today because a lot of people can do what they did.
    test
  8. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

look...
    mook ran through the fight klub
    mook lost to lux, serius millz is debatable and beat young hot
    thats 1.5 wins outta four

dna is not exactly a youngin anymore and guess what
    while his performance in terms of projection and experience have been up hes still making the rookie mistakes he always has and his pen game is lacking. he lets his emotions get the best of him.

mooks performances are better WAY better and and would whoop dna

his comp (with the exception of yung ill) has been MUCH tougher

no people havent been hard on him progression must happen and his has been lacking
    test
  9. WillyHova

WillyHova New Member

Well time will tell who's right on this one.... cause he ain't gonna make shit in the regular rap game so if he he has no choice but to come back n battle... that won't happen though... he realizes that he will lose... why u think math wants to battle him so bad?... math ain't stupid... he knows he will bodybag him and if he does he will get waaaay more credit thean its worth in reality... math is smart with his game plan... but mook won't do it cause he is also smart enough 2 know that math will bag him up n if that happens he will lose his entire fabricated image....

So wut will happen...

Nothing... the only waay u will ever c mook battle again is if its on some iron solomon shit... takin an oponent that he knows he will beat... but he will never have the guts to get in the ring with the new wave of battlers

Don't believe me... wait 5 years n pull this thread back up
    test
  10. Pillsman

Pillsman Pill Collector

idk i respect mook but he does seem like the punching bag of rap
    test
  11. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Willy, you're way off, man. Math wants "a classic". It's all he's talked about since the Verb battle. It's why he's not taking Miles or ICE or any of them. If he wanted a "body" he'd just battle Tsu Surf or something.
    test
  12. Met-A-Forikal

Met-A-Forikal Time, cunt!

Faulty assertion. Solomon's wanted a battle with Mook for ages. There was even a very obvious call out at Grizzle II, "...and Mook's bitch-ass!" For whatever reason, Mook has not accepted a battle with Iron. It's not like he can argue he's too small a name.
    test
  13. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

DNA is a beast and Idk how the fuck anyone couldnt like him, same him Con

they keep battling what it's all about...BARS

that punchline, wordplay shit

fuck all this taking 10 bars to get to the fucking point
    test
  14. Sloss Littlez

only because Ill has dickriders

he has wayyyyy too many fillers. I rewatched his battle with Rich and Ill had sooo many fillers and took long to get to the point

"who is this nigga" was stupid as fuck and Ill shoulda tossed that.

Not many can fuck with DNA when we talkin straight up bars.
    test
  15. bgreen

bgreen Active Member

you guys also have to take into account the THINGS THAT YALL JUDGE HIM FOR OUTSIDE OF THE BATTLE COMMUNITY...we know about due to the outlets that tell us..how much bitch shit has mook done that no one will know about because battle rap was followed by barbershop dvds at that point...imagine if we only saw GT battles on dvd...and these verses we heard aimed at DNA...about the shit he's done that wasnt a good look....was just battle rap shit that most of us could either choose to believe or not...think of it like sports....all the shit athletes used to do..would be all over twitter tmz and espn now...if they had the same media outlets
    test
  16. teacozy

teacozy New Member

DNA and Ill was close.
    test
  17. Stock II

Stock II New Member

DNA just has to find a way to not be black anymore and rm will love him.
    test
  18. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

A lot of these rappers have dickriders. Unavoidable, I'd say. "Fillers" can be found in DNA battles, too. I am just going off what I have heard. I have heard 2-1 from many people, who like both MC's. Teacozy doesn't like DNA much and he's said it was close. So we have to see. When I see the battle, I will judge it non-biased since I like both rappers about equally.

Anyway "Who is this nigga" was funny, and that's like his URL trademark now. Hitman, Ill and Verb are alike in their storytelling. I talked to Math and he nailed it when he said they take too long to get to the point. I agree with that to an extent. That is their style -- sometimes, they swing and miss though.

DNA has bars, yeah. He can be very corny, though. He forces a lot of his wordplay, too. I like DNA, but I hate that about him.
    test
  19. Sloss Littlez

why u not giving me credit? I just said Ill takes long to get to the point :funny: me and Math think alike cuz we're both goons.

but yo real talk. something tells me DNA won this shit when it comes to bars, but like niggas did with Con/Goodz.. cats go with the "performance"

so fucking gay. shit pisses me off for real.
    test
  20. XQZapproved

XQZapproved Well-Known Member

dna was on point in that rone battle no question. the only thing i can't stand is how much reaction the "as far as my tooth if u aint gon replace it don't say shit" line got. that makes no sense. that's like saying "if you aint gonna pay for me to get liposuction, don't diss my weight" lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.