MURDA MOOK could easily win Scribble Jam, r u serious?

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by LordHysider, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shauncruz

shauncruz FUTURE OF THE FREE WORLD

Yall are confused on the purpose(s) of hip-hop...

On one hand you got the people that do it for the development of the craft and then you have those that rhyme out of a sense of desperation and fustration with their living conditions. This latter half being the folks who only care to use hip-hop as a way of getting out of their financial and economics traps.

I watched this video and was very entertained by the battle...I was even happy to see, as a Harlem emcee, that these two went at it so hard in front of the STREETS!!! not some crowd of herbs that love off beat flows when some nerd is talking about extra-terrestrial mind power, but the keeper of the original hip-hop movement....THE STREETS!!!

I do wanna say that Mook is good as far as street battles go....this kid has heart and i expect to see more from him in the future. If you think this is a wack battle cause of the content of the disses and punchlines then I don't ever want to see you mutafuckas say shit bigging up Tech or Diabolic cause them cats have the most figurative imaginations EVER!! Aborted babies & Solar powered killings is just as far fetched as Mook and his gun with the "Corona bottle sized bullets". But they are both good and require talent within their own genre.

Jae Millz...fucking beast...been enjoying this kid's battles since Mad Cyphers.....Nuff Said

I have been on both of these alleged sides of hip-hop (streets and more artistic driven) as an artist that has laid out most of your favorite emcee battlers on TV, in a show , or in front of a club and I stay in the streets in a battle like once a month atleast, and I can tell you this fact: street battlers with props get deals that make them enough money to change their situations, whether through record sales or the fame that major promotions bring....you so called "underground legends" of organized battles get to sign with some half-broke WHITE owned company and struggle the rest of your career to try and break the 20,000 unit moved mark. You can't live off of that until retirement unless you own you label and masters.(Examples: BIG L, DMX, Jay-Z, Big Pun, Jae Millz vs. haahahahh I can't even name names here..I aint going to put none of these chumps on blast....I actually am hoping that a few of them can push some units and not have to bitch about being broke on allhiphop.com......PEACE if you want BEEF if you need it

Shaun Cruz
    CRUZ ONE RECORDS & ENTERTAINMENT
    www.cruzonerecords.com
    test
  2. Ill mefisto

Ill mefisto New Member

not a chance in hell..
    test
  3. Credintials

Credintials IRS can suck my books

Cruz, even while that book report of a post was pretty well written you're still missing the point.

The argument is, Would Mook WIN....AT....SCRIBBLEJAM?

Bottomline is, his content wouldn't go over well with the heads at scribblejam or any of the other big time credible battle forums because the fans of these battles are accustomed to seeing content like there is on MCB.com.

Remember Immortal Technique battling the Posterboy on 106? How he got stonefaced by the audience mostly made up of 14-18 year old punks that can't even fathom what real hip hop is supposed to be/sound like since they are so polluted with Fabulous, G-Unit, Cassidy, B2K, David Banner, Lil Jon, and the Ying Yang Twins of the world....

I'll take creativity over the rehashed streetthug prewritten punchlines that is so overplayed today. They're all biting off of Big L's style in the first place(and even still using his punchlines and rewording a word or two). The poor guy is probaly turning over in his grave. I spent the first 15 years of my life in Harlem on 142nd and 7th ave and I've heard the same thing over and over since I could remember listening to hip hop and it's run its course. Some people are just so afraid of change and progression they immediately pass it off as something whack because they can't relate physically or intellectually to the people spawning the movement.

Do I like Mook? He's ok in some areas, stage presence and charisma....but am I impressed? No, we've heard everything he possibly has to say over and over again on every single mixtape that is out right now. Until Mook can spawn something creative as Technique's Volume 1 and 2's or Aesop Rock's Bazzooka Tooth, or some of the NoCanDo tracks I've heard in the last couple weeks, or anything Sage Francis, Eyedea, or Brother Ali has laid down to wax then the bottomline is I am not fucking with him(Mook) or taking him as a credible emcee.
    test
  4. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

Bladdaow.
    test
  5. shauncruz

shauncruz FUTURE OF THE FREE WORLD

Him being a credible emcee has nothing to do with scribble jam by the way...I also guess what I am talking about has nothing to do with scribble jam either...I am really dealing with the divisions people have to create to decide who is so called credible.....Fabalous is talented in his own right....I think most of the so called great albums you named lack so much in production they might as well been recorded on a mr. microphone...yeah the Tech joints had hot rhymes and true Brother Ali is very talented but come on really this is such marginally challenged music...It only is good for such a small aspect of life and that is where the balance is needed. If you cannot say that you have been at a party and loved the reactions females give when a Lil Jon track comes on then there is no more reason to debate this...you are in the house WAAAAAYY too much. I bump Tech's second album and Brother Ali's album when I am chilling in the crib or on the train....but if i am out with females then it's the more commercial cats I am riding with....It is completely possible to do both......

AND...who the hell cares about scribble jam in the real world or even the music business for that matter...yall are getting to gased but I aint trying to pop bubbles here if it makes you feel really hip-hop to say these battles mean something then have that....I prefer music that can enhance my daily life duties...not to say that this kid Mook is someone I would even waste my time bootlegging....I don't dig rhymes about imaginary coke and guns same way ficticious alien abductios are lame, real lame!

P.S. - I actually thought Poster boy won the battle casue he was funny and isn't that what MCB.com community loves Jin for? Cause it damn sure can't be for complexity!

Shaun Cruz
    www.cruzonerecords.com
    test
  6. LordHysider

LordHysider Bawler

wtf, poster boy RIPPED technique, "shave off ya mustache you look like a rapist", i don't know why cats even argue this, when I saw the battle live when it 1st aired, i was like oh shit, thats technique, he's gonna kill poster, he used a recycle "reach in the fetus" line that drew me away and nothing else hit hard, poster came on smooth and cocky and just ate up him, fuck the wack shit, and half of technique rhyme was off beat, wtf, do you guys have ears???
    test
  7. Sahtyrickal

Sahtyrickal New Member

in the words of michael jackson..."no, thats ignorant"
    test
  8. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

too many essays
    test
  9. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

And you call me a racist.
    test
  10. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

OK you got me there..................
    test
  11. shindigger

shindigger New Member

absolutely astonished at the sheer volume of writing done on this thread.
    test
  12. ICE8102

ICE8102 New Member

plain and simple mook would send his tape to kevin beachum and get rejected. If he showed up to pre lims he'd get ripped in the 1st or 2nd round. imo. kinda bubbly check spellin.
    test
  13. J-Professional

J-Professional Well-Known Member

wait wait wait...

I read a lot of bullshit on these boards before but CALI HAS NO HIP HOP MUTHAFUCKAS???? WOW... WAS THAT IN THE LATEST SOURCE MAG??? Oh and by the way Murda Mook was coo if you dig that style.. you know that everybody and their momma style that is unorigional, easy to flip and actually quite funny... due to the fact that homeboys are broke rapping about some fantasy shit... but anyway as far as CALI HAVING NO HEADS... I BELIEVE YOU ORIGIONALLY SAID HIP HOP HEADS... NOT RAPPERS... EITHER WAY ... HIP HOP AND RAP ARE NOT THE SAMe and hip hip wise you bet ya ass Q bert and P trix matter... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... i didnt really wanna get into rappers from cali or anywhere else.. but the truth is a million billion zillion muthafuckas rap exactly like this murda mook... and they are all wack to me... as far as CALI rappers that mean shit...

1) Freestyle Fellowship (if you know your hip hop or even just plain rap at all you would know that Fellowship is legendary)
    2) Hiero (same goes for them)
    3) B.E.P (Prior to this new bullshit they dropped... their first two albums were down right classics <the first moreso than the second>.
    4) NWA (BIATCH... SAY WHATCHA WANT... THERE MESSAGES WERENT POSITIVE BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE THEY MATTER TO RAP)
    5) Loot Pack (producer madlib is now working with the likes of talib, busta, jaydilla, and various great jazz musicians)
    6) J5 (Ask people around the globe who got that old school shit on lock)
    7) Dialted (minus their new shit... dialated has classic material.. worldwide respected)
    8) Wake up show famed rappers (SHIIIIIIIIIIT I WONT EVEN NAME EM ALL BUT YOU BEST BELIEVE THEY MATTER... OH AND THE MAINSTREAM GODESS EMINEM KINDA GOT HIS RECOGNITION HERE)
    9) Dre (beat wise worldwide foos is jockin his shit)
    10) Pharcyde ( SAY PHARCYDE DONT MEAN SHIT.. SAY IT YOULL GET PUNCHED IN THE MOUTH)
    11)2 SHORT( I NEVER LIKED HIS MUSIC BUT ALL THIS PIMP BULLSHIT GOING AROUND THAT YOU PROBABLY BUMPIN RIGHT NOW...IT STARTED WITH HIM)

YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN GO ON FOR DAYS ON THIS SHIT... GOTTA GO TO CLASS... HONESTLY CALI GOT A LOT OF HIP HOP MUTHAFUCKAS THAT MEAN A LOT TO HIP HOP

GYEA
    test
  14. Credintials

Credintials IRS can suck my books

Shame on you for forgetting Planet Asia. Golden Age is a hip hop classic.

....funniest thing I've ever read on these boards
    test
  15. MCVeteran

MCVeteran I enjoy Capri Suns

You forgot about E-40,Living legends,Tha Liks,Master P ( use to be tight, Ghetto dope album),Souls of mischief,Digtial underground,Mac dre and 2pac.
    Pac was really a nobody though. Damn now that I think of it cali really had no one!
    test
  16. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

^^^
    Souls of Mischief was in Hiero.
    test
  17. MCVeteran

Where in oak do u live passwurds?
    test
  18. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

I live by Lake Merrit.
    test
  19. MCVeteran

i live in antioch! You know where that is?
    test
  20. Young Meta4ce

Young Meta4ce Some of y'all is racist.

I'll destroy that n.igga in his own hood.
    not everybody in the hood feels that shit.
    especially out here in the mid.
    you gotta be able to crack to get peoples' attention.
    that cat would get interrupted and predicted in the middle
    of his writtens.
    and lose, in the hood.
    sorry.
    y'all muhfuckas need to get off that hood/suburb and black/white shit.
    I aint posted here before, but a few years ago cats was watchin my joints, had their opinions, coo...
    I was kinda banned from rapmusic.com
    I been watchin for a minute tho.
    it's a lot of cats who wouldn't really make it offstage in a hostile environment.
    that battle was not a real joint to me, fuck a stage or a store.
    that's their territory.
    I'd battle that man straight outside.
    a street battle doesn't automatically mean writtens.
    It just means no rules, and you can grab a 's shirt.
    risk getting knocked out, knock somebody out.
    no rules, no security, just some grimy shit.
    nuffin to do w/ writtens.
    y'all need to get some fuckin air.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.