MTV: Young Jeezy is the 6th Hottest MC in the Game

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I know I already have a thread about this, but I feel this particular rapper deserved a separate thread. Why? Because its amazing how the worst rapper of all time... period, could be called one of the hottest in the game.

MTV.com-

Why He's Hot
    It could have been a very cold winter for the Snowman in late 2006, but the ATL trap star continued his run as one of rap's true thriving forces. Everybody was eagerly awaiting the arrival of his Gangsta Grillz special-edition mixtape, I Am the Street Dream, but it just didn't bring the 'hood tremors that his groundbreaking Trap or Die had caused in 2006. To pile on, some people were saying that the double-platinum status of his Def Jam debut, Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101, was a fluke and that the kids were just hopping on the bandwagon of the hot new thing.

But Jeezy had the last laugh — "haaaaah, haaaaah!" — when The Inspiration debuted at #1 on the Billboard albums chart in December, selling more than 350,000 copies and almost doubling the first-week sales of 101. The project showed he still had the most swagger of any MC on the mic. (We'll probably never get tired of "That'ssss riiiiiight!" and "Yeaaahhhhh!") The great motivator was inspired by all the doubters who said he couldn't rap, stepping up his lyrics and range of material. "Go Getta" (featuring R. Kelly) boosted his radio play and became one of the most commercially successful hip-hop records this year, while tracks like "Hypnotize" made him arguably the most street-credible act on this list. Some say going gold is the new platinum — nah, Jeezy's numbers still topped a million in this climate of lackluster sales.

In the spring, he headlined a tour of 'round-the-way head-bussas (which featured Fat Joe, Lil Wayne, Rich Boy and Jim Jones) and introduced his new group, USDA, with Cold Summer. While they're far from household names, USDA members Slick Pulla and Blood Raw got good in the 'hood, riding alongside Jeezy on records like "White Girl" and "Corporate Thuggin'."

Meanwhile, Jeezy has continued to be one of the busiest guest collaborators in the game, obliging requests from Kanye West, Game, Ludacris and DJ Khaled.

Co-Signer: Fabolous
    "I saw Jeezy and respected his talent from one of the first times I heard him. Certain people don't always [catch my ear from the beginning]. It takes some type of stamping or backing, or you might have to work a little harder. But when I heard Jeezy, I said, 'His style is different.' I felt his style and energy because it was so different from what was going on. I reached out to him to work on a song, and from there we've been airtight. [We've] always been homies. It's good to see him doing his thing; he's in his own lane, he wears his hat well. I'm rooting for him."

Blistering Ballistics
    "I got the streets on lock, Atlanta on my back/ I do it for the 'hood, you got a problem with that?/ Real n---a, so this rap sh-- easy/ When I speak, these n---as believe me/ 'Cause b---h I'm Jeezy." — "Streets on Lock"
    Hot Streak

Albums
    The Inspiration (2006), Young Jeezy Presents USDA: Cold Summer (2007)

Selected Mixtapes
    I Am the Street Dream

Singles
    "I Love It," "Go Getta" (featuring R. Kelly), "Dreamin' " (featuring Keyshia Cole), USDA's "White Girl"

Street Bangers
    "Corporate Thuggin'," "Bury Me a G," "Mr. 17.5," USDA's "Get It Up" and "White Girl" remix

Key Guest Appearances
    Ludacris' "Grew Up a Screw Up," DJ Drama's "Feds Takin' Pictures," T.I.'s "Top Back" remix, B.G.'s "Hustle," DJ Khaled's "Brown Paper Bag" and "We Takin' Over" remix, Kanye West's "Can't Tell Me Nothing" (sampled ad-libs only!)

Business Ventures
    Launching 8732 clothing line, CEO of Corporate Thugz Entertainment label

Tours
    Headlined I Am the Street Dream tour (spring 2007).
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Funny they listed "Grew Up A Screw Up" as one of the KEY guest appearances that Jeezy had.

Just to refresh everyone's memory...

Ayyyy
    Y'all already know what it is
    I'ma tell you nigga
    C.T., know what it is, 'bout 17-5

Homey fronted me a sip, shit I made it a bird
    That's seventeen and a half, all I need is the word
    Say the, ice is cool but them pots is hot
    You better cook slow but that money come fast
    I got what you need I hope you brought all the cash
    You know the kid pimpin all over the world
    A hundred carats got me all over your girl
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHH, five freaks and my Gucci duffle bag
    A corporate thug, I run with a Playaz Circle
    I got a Field Mob that'll +Disturb+ your +Peace+
    Blowin Sean Jay, all we do is smoke
    Finish countin my bread and I was gettin some head
    Whassup?
    test
  3. adverse

adverse Active Member

well we all know its hog shit. Fuck those mtv faggot ass mother fucking cock suckers. Jezzy deserves #2, RIght after the g.o.a.t. weezy.
    test
  4. Cella Dwella

Cella Dwella I Love It

Worst rapper of all time? Are you serious? He doesn't come close! I've heard much worse rappers than Jeezy. You might not dig his music but he's not the worst rapper in the game today.

adverse i hope thats sarcasm.
    test
  5. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

shit was a reference to DTP
    Pimpin All Over The World = a previous Luda song
    Gucci Duffle Bag - a Playaz Circle song, they are on DTP
    so is Field Mob and their members are Smoke & Sean Jay
    Gettin Some Head - Shawnna's single

a little off topic, not one of his best but it's aight

you guys know you like Jeezy, you aint gotta lie to kick it. Who dedicates threads to people they think are the worst? That's just dumb, that's incomprehensible. You, as a hater, are more obsessed with Jeezy than his die hard fans.

He is one of the hottest rappers in the game get used to it. Lol @ the worst rapper of all time...kids say the darndest things

"Bitch I make hits, you •••••• waste time/ and I'll be got damned if I let you waste mine!" Young Jeezy
    test
  6. Mask2MyFace2

Something didn't sit right with me about that verse...I knew it was something wrong with that verse...so I went to my Ludacris album and on da album I got (bought from Best Buy)...that's not the same verse Jeezy spits...kinda weird but, this is the verse he spits on my album.

I grew up right here, round the corner from Mel Man
    and when the first came, we was waiting on da mail man
    what you mean it ain't right? ya better go get ya scale man
    I don't trust em anyway you know them •••••• will tell man
    they run up in your place now ya ass got a case
    crooked ass judge send ya ass out of state
    8 by 6? now ya ass out of place
    ya girl ran through ya change now ya ass out of pocket!
    speaking of pockets, mines got the mumps
    a quarter mill for breakfast now what's for lunch?
    I got a bag full of green shit, now where is the blunts?
    snuck in through the back nigga now where is the front?
    dropped out in the 8th grade, got money 8 ways
    told moms fuck it I got shit to do
    so all you hating ass •••••• thought that I wouldn't last?
    the Inspiration on the way so yall can kiss my ass!!!
    test
  7. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

So he spit the worst verse of all time, then did a remake of the song with a slightly less shittier verse. It doesn't change the fact that Jeezy is the "William Hung" of rap.
    test
  8. 1-Kauzt

1-Kauzt The Missing Element

MTV's list sucks.
    test
  9. Mask2MyFace2

where is all this hate for Jeezy coming from? Is it personal? You got some kind of grudge against him?

You are reaching with your comments. Lol @ the worst verse of all time....you can't be taken seriously.
    And how is it a remake? That's the official version of the song! That's what was released, the finished product.

the "William Hung" of rap? where do you come up with this stuff?

lay off the hate please it is old now. We all get that you don't like Jeezy...but your dislike has become an obsession...let it go
    test
  10. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

where's the whole list now?
    test
  11. mcmastermind

mcmastermind MCMASTERMIND

i dont know know about all you. but jeezy is total garbage. man barely rhymes and when he does it a 3-4 letter word. most of this south shit especially people like him and the pop lock drop it bullshit is ruining hip hop.

EAST COAST 4 LIFE
    test
  12. Cella Dwella

Cella Dwella I Love It

Motherfuckers in here could be writing novels and shit.
    test
  13. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

Here we go with you saying mother fuckers could be writting novels...Dudes are just explaining themselves.

Jeezys coo. .nothing special, just an average rapper but by far from being the worst in the game...please
    test
  14. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

You're defending him like you're his lawyer.
    test
  15. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Y'all ain't get the memo yet?

It's 2007...."swagger" and street cred > lyrics, substance, and overall rap skills
    test
  16. Mask2MyFace2

You're trying to prosecute him and send him under Judge dream. I defend because I know what the hell I am talking about and I don't like people hating for no apparent reason other than the man is shining, and he's shining cuz he's grinding. I don't just say any random thing with nothing to back it up. It's called having an educated opinion on the subject. Not just talking out the ass like you.
    test
  17. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

10. Jim Jones

9. Common

8. 50 Cent

7. Jay-Z

6. Young Jeezy

5. Kanye West

4. Andre 3000

3. Game

2. T.I.

1. Lil Wayne
    test
  18. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

If you truely had an educated opinion on Hip Hop, you wouldn't call Young Jeezy tight. I was at the club last night and they played half of his damn album. Jeezy has excellent beats, but when I listen to him, I feel like I'm hearing a 6th grader take his first shot at peotry. I'm not hating for no apparent reason. Jeezy is a wack rapper.
    test
  19. DYNASTY

DYNASTY The Last Of The Best

jeezy killin'em right now.
    test
  20. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

lol@Pop Lock and drop it being a southern song. Jeezy is HOt just live with it. Dont be mad that he's highly respected in the game and you're still on rm.com as a spectator
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.