Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by diabolic, Aug 31, 2005.
So it is real......I will be coppin it
I dont think I'll be getting this until its been released for a while, I know Akai is infamous for rushing thier machines out without making a solid OS. It certainly looks like a beast tho.
Heres a (rough) english version of what it says on the page for ya'll
With the devices of the MPC series musicians and producers connect world-wide Sampling workstations with rockfirm timing, which are to be served simply and unbelievable function variety accommodate. The MPC2500 develops on these traditional virtues and introduces many new features.
Effizienters Sampling stands with the 32-stimmigen MPC2500 in the foreground. Thus the Sampling procedure can be started directly over the main menue. The Chop Shop function makes a dividing of loops and the automatic assigning possible of the loop parts on the 16 notice-dynamic Pads.
Two internal effect processors, which can be used at the same time, make a rich selection of studiotauglichen effects, like Reverb, bit Grunger, Chorus, Phaser, Flying pan, 4-Band EQ, Compressor and for phase possible a Shifter. An additional effect, which is assigned to the Main Outs, gives the final mixes the final touch.
For real time price increase two note variation Fader and two q-left automatic controllers stand for order. These can be geroutet separately to different parameters, like level, pan, filter cut off and resonance, Tuning, LFO speed, effect parameters etc. for flexible real time price increase. Everyone q-left automatic controllers can produce MIDI CONTROLLER data, so that all automatic controller movements can be taken up in a Sequence and played during the rendition. The q-left Sequencer permits the extensive editing of the modulations.
In the tradition of the desired MPC60 and MPC3000 workstations the MPC2500 possesses 2 MIDI of entrances and 4 MIDI of exits, so that heading for 64 external MIDI of channels is made possible. Additionally the MPC2500 can steer the integrated Sampler on up to 64 parts. Each TRACK can use einzelnens a Program and the use of program changes becomes redundant.
The large LCD announcement focuses the view of the substantial Sequence data. For the comfortable treatment of Sequencen there is a matrix editor. MIDI data can be indicated and edited graphically
The MPC2500 is delivered with 16MB inserted memory, which is expandable with the optional EXM128 board on up to 128 MT RAM. Besides the MPC2500 can be equipped with an internal 80GB non removable disk and one CD-rw drive assembly.
* Classical MPC Design: Pads, Sequencer and control surface with new functions
* 32-stimmiger Drum/Phrase Sampler with 16MB inserted memory. Expandable on up to 128MB RAM.
* effect processors and a Main Out effect processor integrated 2
* 2 allocatable q-left Fader and automatic controllers for real time price increase
* Optional CD Rome and hp drive assemblies
* USB haven for computer binding – File transfer and Backup on the computer and import by wav files
* Chop Shop –Loop Slicing into individual Samples with automatic PAD assignment
* Patched cliche –Phrase Samples to each speed without pitch change adapt
* SAM-polarize Recording in the MAIN PAGE – Easy Sampeln during the Sequencing
* Continuous SAM-polarizes TRACKS – Admission of long audio TRACKS into a Sequence
* Audio input Thru with q-left control for real time price increase
* Grid Editing function for simple Drum TRACK Sequencing
* 4 q-left CONTROLLERS (2 Fader and 2 automatic controllers)
* PAD SAM-polarizes Edit (pitch SHIFT and time Stretch)
* Mixer automation
* Professional on board sound
* 240 X 64 background-lit, tiltable LCD
* 10 inserted similarly exits plus stereo digitally I/O
* New 4-Pole filter for all SAM-polarizes Voices
* Sampling: 44,1 kHz/16-bit
* Memory: 16MB standard, expandable on 128MB
* Preset sound memory: 5MB Flash
* Polyphonie: 32 voices
* Optional 2.5” Non removable disk and CD Rome drive assembly installable
* 2 MIDI of entrances and 4 MIDI of exits
* Sequence capacity: 100.000 notes
* Sequencer dissolution: 96 ppq
* 99 Sequences/64 TRACKS
* 64 MIDI of output channels (16 channels x of 4 output terminals)
* Song mode: 20 Songs, 250 steps per Song
* MIDI Clock Sync: Master/Slave
* MEMORY Card Slot: Compact Flash (up to 2GB)
* Provided accessories: 32MB Compact Flash Card
* Mains cable
I use the mpc1000 until the price comes down
Damn a machine that does what FL does for 2500$
since when is FL a 10 analog output, 2 input, 2x4 Midi interface with pressure sensitive drum pads. not sayin that those features alone are worth 2500, but you get the point. FL is software point blank
2X4 midi interface with minimized latency-100$
10 analog outpt audio interface with quality convertors-1000$
midi controoler that covers the q link and hte other buttons functions-250$
Small/Portable PC that can run all the above well-1000$
So a MPC is actually a BETTER value
Not at all.
My pc setup doesnt NEARLY cost that much.
And my keys are velocity sensitive @ FM.
And analog outputs.,..i can upgrade my soundcard..if need be...
As far as EVERYTHING else.... good luck to akai for the 2500 hardware FL...and the suckers who dying to buy one and still cant figure out they need rhythm to use it...
this is SICKNESS
now the mpc2kxl mcd will drop and my price will be soo cheap ( since i get gear @ cost )
and i just found out i get gear cheaper then cost even
Pressure sensitivity means aftertouch D, your Keystation has no aftertouch circuitry
Shit why restrict yourself to just using a pc why not have the best of both worlds.....
if u want a small ass cube/mini case not a regular atx bulky tower case, then its gonna cost that. 1 advantage mpc users have over u is portability.but even still a cube/mini case computer w/ the monitor w/ the MPD/triggafinger, with the MIDI interface, with the Audio interface, typing keyboard/mouse, is gonna be WAY bigger/bulkier to carry around than just a MPC
now u could make an argument 4 LAPTOPS (About portability), but one that performs as fast/well as an MPC or ur desktop is gonna cost atleast 1500-2000$, plus
for the components n shit, PCMCIA and USB/FIREWIRE cost lil more than PCI versions...
<-- just got a Motu 828 Fire Wire Rack with 10 outs 6 Ins and 2 Mic Pre's And use FL Studio 5 Producer Edition.
i think My FLS is beating the Mpc specs now
My E-mu 49 key has aftertouch Yea boy
great, I love how FL users always come in threads talkin about how much better their program is than a MPC, like you about to convert someone. Go tell pete rock your FL is better than his SP 1200 and see if he really cares. Wait im sure 9th already told him that.....
< on the Floor
hardware for life
that shit is easy as fuck.. lol..
iono why u keep sayin that..
< never said the FL is better then the Mpc just said they the same shit.
i owned a Mpc 2000 xl maxed
a Mpc 60 with 3.10 OS maxed
and Mpc 1000 maxed
FL Studio is the same exact shit man even better in alot of cases.
go ahead and lie to ur self and say diffrent i used to be the same way upset that a 150$ program was just as good or better then my 1000$ MPC's.
ask dskills he remebers lmao i used to trash FL just like everyone else because it was so cheap and my mpc was a arm and a leg ,
but fuck FL and Fuck the MPC im coping that MV-8000 with my Tax money
Separate names with a comma.