Mpc

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by MC Dystinkt, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

You'e right, its a sequencer/multitrack recorder/mixer/everything you fucking need so put down the overhyped piece of shit ghettogear and pick up something a bit more PROFESSIONAL!

If you like using diskette's of course. You said find prices, I found prices for brand new shit on the same site. Don't give me this backtracking bullshit. I got proof. You got.. more lies?

BWAHAHAHA

MPC = Piece of shit ghettogear that you need floppy disks to use properly.

ProTools = Everything MPC will never, never, never, never, never, never be.

GENIUS! I just broke down the math for you, showed you the numbers, and calculated it live in front of your eyes. YOU CAN STOP LYING TO SAVE FACE NOW!

Unsigned, a computer is assumed. Who on this board is outputting their MPC to a tape machine? How about a live 1x speed burner?

No. The people on this board are outputing it to computer THEY ALREADY OWN. (Unless Milo want's to be traditional since it isn't broken and is outputting it to Edison's wax cylinders) And for the most part, more RAM required to decently run ProTools LE is well under $100 bucks. A FireWire card is less then $50. A good harddrive has already been mentioned on this board.

Milo.. you facts are skewed.. your opinions are biased... you failed to purchase decent gear and now you are spreading the plauge of your stupidity.. it's time to re-evaluate your situation.
    test
  2. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

firewire card = $16 bucks

i just copped one because my next peice of gear im getting requires it... (either 002, or motu 828mk2)
    test
  3. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Even cheaper! :-D
    test
  4. Jusa9ine

Jusa9ine YEAAAA

Ghet have u ever USED an Mpc ?
    test
  5. Milo

Milo Guest

wow, ghet is really hellbent on trashing this machine.

you're comparing apples and oranges. pro tools and the digi002 have NOTHING to do with the MPC. that's pretty funny.

good, you broke down the math. you're still wrong.

2 mb = 11 seconds stereo
    that's 1 mb for 5.5 seconds of stereo

so 32mb = 176 seconds of stereo time, nearly 3 minutes. so you went to all that trouble, sounded like a dork, to be wrong. cool.

great, you found a new MPC for sale. ask the majority of people if they'll spend that much money for that, when they can cop a used and upgraded one for hundreds less.

YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE AND ELEMENT.

fall back.
    test
  6. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

Im with Milo on this one :)
    test
  7. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Jus9ine, yes, I've used it on more then one occassion.. and hated every moment with it. Hey Jus9ine, ever use a Digi 002?

My calculations were for bits per second, not bytes per second. (Divided by 8)
    3 minutes of CD sample quality... 3 minutes of CD sample quality that you have to RELOAD EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU TURN OFF THE MACHINE THROUGH 1.4MB DISKETTES! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU KIDS?

This board is permanently run by myth and here-say. It is apparent you little children ignore fact at all costs and enjoy whatever the Source tells you. So go play with your little piddling 16-rubber pad bullshit devices that you spend well over $1000 for... meanwhile.. the rest of the professional world is using digital sequencers on a computer. (But the MPC really IS a computer, but don't tell Milo that! The beat might be lifeless then!!)

AND STILL! SHOW ME A MPC AVAILBILE AT THE PRICE YOU STATED! Or do we just have to assume it's that price because.. you said so? I showed my price, you showed... nothing!? Assumptions? Myth? Lies? Yes, that's a good little MPC user. Convince yourself it was a good investment.
    test
  8. Milo

Milo Guest

"My calculations were for bits per second, not bytes per second. (Divided by 8)
    3 minutes of CD sample quality... 3 minutes of CD sample quality that you have to RELOAD EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU TURN OFF THE MACHINE THROUGH 1.4MB DISKETTES! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU KIDS?"

dude, what the fuck are you talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2568314286&category=38069 <- first bid that came up.

obviously the MPC is a computer!!! what i meant by computer beats, i meant by actual software beats - using FL, reason, whatever. are you obviously that stupid?

you're wrong about the sampling time.
    you're wrong about the price.
    you're wrong about the memory capabilities
    you're wrong about us listening to the source
    you're wrong about comparing to a Digi002.. (wait, have you used that audi-technica mic that's the same price?! WTF YO SAME PRICE GET THAT INSTEAD!!!")

face facts, jack. you're WRONG.
    test
  9. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Bwahaha... yes, because eBay is known for it's steady price consistancy, guarenteed shipping policy, and brand new quality! The concept of eBay is to bid HIGHER prices!

eBay doesn't fucking count as a price list, LMAO. With that kinda shit, I can throw up a website and go $1 for the MPC and it will have the same credible record as eBay!

Common retail, Digi 002 shits on MPC.

Psttt.. software exists to interface with the hardware.. all those spinning knobs and rubber pads yoru pressing? That sends commands to a software handler in the MPC to store it into the hardware RAM....

I was correct about the sampling time. 32MB is CD quality storage is pathetic. The pirce was correct, you are assclown desperately trying to show eBay as a viable source for constant prices and guarentees. I was correct about the memory capabilities, floppy disk is STILL pathetic. You are always listening to the Source (Oh, Pete Rock uses it!) Yes, for every 1 Pete Rock using an MPC, there are 100 grammy-award winning engineers in evey genre of music using ProTools. I was absolutely correct in comparing the Digi 002, you're just using a fake list to save face.
    test
  10. -K@tO-

-K@tO- New Member

This is entertaining
    test
  11. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

eh yo ghet, how can you compare a digi to an mpc??? They are totally different things.... If your gonna do comparisons, at least compare the mpc to other 'production centres'.

Plus.... obviuosly when it comes to final mixes etc.... of COURSE I put into software (I personally use Cubase..... others I know use things like protools or whatever), so most people who use MPCs for professional work do of course wither take teh mpc to the studio & get the tracks transferred to be mixed down & mastered or do that at home.

If you really believe the mpc is a piece of trash & people who use it are not professional & know your not really being serious & your playing with us (I actually thought you were being serious at first lol).
    test
  12. Milo

Milo Guest

*throws hands up*

you're hopeless.
    test
  13. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Tell me what the MPC can do that ProTools cannot. Tell me one set of quantization ProTools cannot do that the MPC can.

Just one thing.

Ohhh rubber pads!!!!! That's worth $1000!

Cuz I can name a million more things the Digi can do in addition to what the MPC can do... and apparently, for a cheaper prce.

The MPC can only output in CD quality... nothing more.. nothing less. It cannot do 48khz, 96khz, or anything higher then 44.1khz.

Why use the MPC and transfer via audio or SPDIF when it has to end up there anyways? One device "production centers" are worthless in general, period.

PEople that use MPC's have been tricked by other people who have used MPCs. They are pointless compared to external midi inputs since the 16 rubber pad thing seems to be it's main selling point. They are worthless compared to software sequencers that can handle higher sample and bit rates then the device. They are unnessecary and the only people ever promoting them are the companies and the people that have them. There are so many myths in this industry peddled to you people that when I tell you that it is worthless, automated planetary defense systems are initiated and you never even stop to ask yourself "Is it really worthless?" because you are afraid the answer might be a resounding and deafeningly loud "Yes."

There isn't a single thing positive about the MPC in comparison to a piece of software (ProTools) that overshadows and excels it so significantly, they've even managed it's up-to-date version $100 less then a "production center".
    test
  14. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

test
  15. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

*sigh*

MIDI Sync has nothing to do with the audio quality!

44,100hz @ 16-bit audio format is ALL THE MPC CAN HANDLE!

If you output at 44,100 from your MPC to 96,000 on your computer.... IT'S STILL 44,100 but this time WITH INTERPOLATION ERRORS!

Gah!

And if you don't believe me, record something at 8,000hz at 4-bit, then bring it up to 44,100hz at 16-bit and notice it sounds NOTHING LIKE CD QUALITY!
    test
  16. Milo

Milo Guest

what can the MPC do that pro tools can't?

you're serious, aren't you?

comparing A DRUM MACHINE to a MULTI-TRACK RECORDING PROGRAM?
    test
  17. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

A Mutli-Track Recording Program, also known as a DAW that has a customizable MIDI grid and same PPQN as your little "drum machine."

And about a billion other features that supercede your expensive but still worthless drum machine.
    test
  18. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

Why would you need higher than cd quality anyway?... what sounds do you use to produce that are higher than cd quality?
    test
  19. Milo

Milo Guest

word to unsigned.

and seriously, you look like an idiot comparing pro tools to an MPC.
    test
  20. cap hook

cap hook New Member

i gotta ago with software on this one...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.