Mpc

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by MC Dystinkt, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

..... ofcourse software sounds cant be compared to a pro hardware beat machine... cuz you got wack samples dog :)

that's why iam looking for a DRUM machine

one
    test
  2. Jusa9ine

Jusa9ine YEAAAA

I'm not talkin about the software "sounds" as in samples and notes ect. ... i'm not even gettin into it...
    test
  3. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

nah its cool i know what you mean.. its your choice dog
    test
  4. Milo

Milo Guest

Ghet, obviously you've been reading the source a little too much, considering you're the one who seems to know that it now offers tutorials on equiptment.. which it doesn't anyways.

next, and here's my brutal honesty. you're whack as all fuck, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. if your beats didn't have the crunch and good quality sound they had, you'd be another lame un-heard of cat. yet the fact is, you've here doing your thing for stupid long, thus people sort of have to respect you.

next, have you ever heard the saying, "don't fix what's been broken?" fine, you can have your new technology, where all of your sounds are ultra-simulated, basic melodies you can muster on ya' keyboard (if you even use one,), etc. im'a continue using the MPC, "grid-maps," or not.

people have been gassing you, so, please, step back into reality. there was no need to diss me, at all.

here's a testimonial about how much a "piece of shit," the MPC is....

your favorite albums were made with it, unless you're feeling khia's new shit.

also, KNOW YOUR INFORMATION.

"47 and a half SECONDS of sample time for CD-quality " no, you're completely wrong. it's more like 2-3 minutes of stereo sampling time. more time in mono. see? i actually have one. i would know, wouldn't i? hater.

and where you can get an MPC for the price of a Digi002, please tell me, 'cause i'd like to buy one. MPC's are SCSI-Zip Disk compatible, as well as having the ability to have an exterior harddrive up to 9 GBs.

basically, if you're going to trash a machine, don't leave out information, and give kids false information. they listen to you, realize that. so you're making this difficult for them, considering you feel the need to be the computer-avenger.

make a truely dope beat, sell it for more than 2.50 on ebay, then i'll give you your props. now? you just seem truely bitter.

goodbye, don't even reply.

as for a drum machine, dystinkt, and while you're looking into MPCs, you can get the USB-MPC controller.. it's just the pads. cop that, with a sampler from akai (s900 or something) then just plug it into your computer, and you have something like an MPC.

the pads are like, 100-200, sampler is the same.
    test
  5. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

and so my queston remains un-fucking-answered :)

DRUM MACHINE DAGNAMMIT!
    test
  6. Milo

Milo Guest

i gave you a suggestion, with the mpc pads, haha man.

like someone said, the dr. groove is straight.
    test
  7. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

^^ word but isnt there like just a DRUM MACHINE from which i'll just get drums.. i really dont need a sampler dog... i looked up on musiciansfriend.com for under drum machines and i got some boss shit for like $300 ..... sounds not bad but i dontknow if i can trust that shit
    test
  8. MC Dystinkt

MC Dystinkt AAAAAAIGHT!

my bad i didnt seethe USB-MPC controller thing you wrote

one
    test
  9. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

ghet with all due respect, you're chatting nonsese (regarding you hating on the mpc & basically calling it a piece of rubbish)... first up, the whole thing about sample time/bit rates.... people still use sp1200s (mainly for drums), that has hardly any sample time & is 12bit.... the reason for this is the 'sound'.

I guess it all comes down to the whole digital vs anolgue thing... some people prefer their digital & synthy sound etc... others like more gritty sound with more warmth etc...... but cats like you who hate on good gear cos its expensive just make me laugh.... I hear the same people saying 'my c1 is just as good as a neumann u87.... the u87 is overrated'... or 'PCs are just as good as macs for music... macs are overrated'... or 'my behringer is just as good as a mackie mixer, mackies are overrated'....when they know full well if they had the cash they would cop one.
    test
  10. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

I am not a supporter of the MPC but i agree with that comment fully
    test
  11. Milo

Milo Guest

word to unsigned.

WORD to him.
    test
  12. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Great, A piece of machinery comes with instructions on how to use it. It is good to know the MPC is slowly on it's way to installing practices instituted since the 1930's.

Aww.. the little Mod doesn't like my shit... awww.... get in line with the rest of the haters, son. Your number is 3,195,293,583. Now serving your mom.

LMAO @ this fucking moron. Welcome to the music industry, THE GAME OF TECHNOLOGY! You like your non-broke shit? Get back to recording on the wax cylinders Edison invented back in 1910 since.. you know... it isn't broke.

*psst* I hate to break it to you, but your little MPC... hey... it's a computer. I'm sorry, we're your dreams shattered?

No, you you got dissed for giving you wrong information. And now, you are giving out even more incorrect information, so prepare for more insults.

CD Quality = 44,100hz @ 16-bit, also known as 705,600 bytes per second.

32MB (standard on MPC2000) = 33,554,432 bytes.

Simple rules of division state that 33,554,432/705,600 = 47.5.... seconds... mono.

In stereo, you have 23.7 seconds of space.

2 minutes.. WTF samples are you storing on your insignificantly little floppy disks? 22,500hz @ 8-bit? LMAO.

On my computer, I have 9.57GB of storage, also known as 10,275,709,255 bytes. This equates to 14,563 seconds of mono storage... or
    242 minutes, 4.04 hours of storage at CD-quality of audio.. and I don't have to load shit on 1.4 unstable floppy disks. If you even wanted to touch my convienience of storage, you would need 7,000 floppy disks... or 98 100MB zip disks...

MPC2000XL with Internal ZIP drive = $1,299

Digi 002 Rack Unit = $1,199

Shook.

Seagate SCSI 9GB at 5400RPM HardDrive = $210.89

This mutha fucka wants to pay $210 for a 9GB harddrive!?!?!

Seagate 160GB harddrive at 7200RPM = $149.99

I know dealing with floopy disks and shit, you are not used to astronomically huge storage mechanisms.. but I guess you like spending more money for inferior storage capacity.

It was $100.... Proof thath researching information completely is very much impossible for you.
    test
  13. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

lol@pc beats being lifeless
    i strongly disagree.

if i had the money.... i wouldnt cop a mpc... i'd cop a preamp for my mic. i simply do not need a mpc... im happy with my production setup...

Mackie HR824 pair
    Motu 828 mk2
    FruityLoops
    test
  14. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

I think thats the bottom line.... just use what your happy with.... but just because your happy with using certain tools for production, doesnt mean other peoples tools are crap... I personally use a mixture of hardware/software & Im happy with my setup for making beats.... the only think I wanna do is upgrade my mic/preamp to track vocals at higher quality.

I couldnt care less what producers use to make their beats if they sound good, neither would I diss their equipment that they use to produce their good tracks.
    test
  15. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

^i agree with you...lol

i only read down to milos post... the posts became like books afterwards...
    test
  16. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

I'm only here to show people that don't make beats that the MPC is an expensive, overhyped piece of garbage that is not worth the investment.
    test
  17. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

Well, I find mine an excellent production tool... so I guess one mans garbage is another mans good production tool.
    test
  18. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

So is Digi 002.. for $100 cheaper... and many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many more options.
    test
  19. Milo

Milo Guest

the digi002 is not a drum machine/sampler.

and if you're paying for a full priced new MPC, you're out of your mind. i got mine for 700, my producer got his for 600.

and in your game of technology, you should understand hardware specs, i.e. don't buy because of the price, buy because of what it is.

you're desperately wrong about the sample conversion, whatever, considering there is a lot more than 24 seconds. personally i have 2 mb, which is 11.05 or something stero, 23 mono. it's all about how it works, doggie.

and if you have that many haters, maybe that means something.

boo @ your momma joke.
    test
  20. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

digi may be $100 than brand new mpc... but you acnt use digi on its own...... please add the cost of a decent pc/mac to that price before comparing
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.