MPC vs. MPD?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by RedEyedSoldier, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedEyedSoldier

RedEyedSoldier Mixtape comin soon

Well, I've been low budget with my set up for a while, and im thinking about bringing an MPC into the fold.. but I see mpds are mad cheaper.

I'm just wondering if the MPD will give me that same feel for the cheaper price, or what is the full incentive of spending the extra money on mpc? please enlighten me, sorry if this sounds kinda noobish or whatever aha.
    test
  2. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

A MPD is a controller. Used to control virtual drum racks/instruments/FX.

A MPC is a work station. Can sample and sequence from within itself.

The advantage is, are you gonna be using a computer in your setup at some point? And how much of the production will be done on hands VS in a DAW.

I suggest you watch some youtube videos on the issue.
    test
  3. RedEyedSoldier

RedEyedSoldier Mixtape comin soon

I do most of my stuff through fl with vst, so plugging an mpd seems like it'd be ideal?
    im just trying to get one shots and simple loops for fl, just to do real simple sequencing.
    I'm high and i think i just answered my own question? thanks aha
    test
  4. Les W

Les W Was Helped By Point Game

I'm in the same boat the MPD seems like the way to go

MPC (if it does midi controlling too) would be better if I had the bread imo

someone help lol
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I own both a mpc 2000 and a mpd16. They are different paths to the same place. 1 just uses a computer and does not have its own internal sequencing or editing and the other does. I prefer using my mpc over my mpd but thats mostly because I like working on hardware. A mpd and a software sequencer are definitely more convenient
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.