mpc 2000

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by frenchgign80, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demandred

Demandred Buck-Fifty

First take daddys penis out of your hand and go sit in the corner while we have a grown(*laffs at dad's intellect*) man discussion

Now No shit you need a hardware for Pro Tools but since theirs a 95% you don't have it, and I do I would know how weak Pro Tools is for midi, but that isnt the purpose of Pro Tools and I'm sure you don't even know the purpose so let's continue

Ethernet port?! where?!!!!!!!... wtf are you talking about? You saw a mpc with an ethernet port? (Coulda atleast did some research zombie)

and YA Im SOOOO Happy about the CD """BURNER """"(yay! best ever!(in his best white airhead blonde voice)

Actually the ram goes up to 516k which is an hour and half of unique sample time, so I'm sure you compose symphony orchestras where the songs progresses for hours and hours O and it uses computer ram, you can get them out the stores just fyi

And wow wee you can upgrade your ram to 3gb, which theres a big chance you have less than 1 gig, and arent even utilizing all that ram not to mention you running winxp behind it, which anyone with a brain isnt going to use a computer for anything LIVE that is important like say a wedding, concert, you know any of those things that you have yet to do

Well it kinda comes with a 80gig hard drive, I sorta stuck a 120gig drive in it thats about 40% full with only about 15% of stuff I actually use, and it sorta comes with usb +scsi hard drives so I can use either or

and a computer has more of a chance of corrupting especially if you use maxtors

Oh and its 24bit 96k(*laffs at the stupidity*)

You have yet to prove any of this, which when you come up with some stupid misinformed shit I will just put you back into your place, so save yourself any more embrassment of you and your child standing in the corner

This is such a strong message I think I'll consider it for my signature

Just go sit in the corner with your son, because you both share the same IQ

and Verbuse your father sonned himself

He coulda atleast went to several hundred webpages and read the stats before he just reinforced my original statement, Cult Zombie
    test
  2. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Thus I've presented other opportunities, such as Magic and Digital Performer. Of course, you being a hardwarephile, are incapable of reading the contents on any computer screen correctly, thus your severe hatred for them.

*sigh* I was refering to the USB port, but I said it was an ethernet port. Wrong term.

A CD burner that didn'tt work when the product was released. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE A FEATURE THAT YOU HAVE PACKAGED WITH THE PRODUCT NOT WORK!? The genius of the MPC cult hard at work.

Since we are playing word games, it is most unfortuante you have your MPC peaking at 516KB.

I was talking about the MPC2000, but since we're on the topic of RAM limitations... I'M RUNNING 512MB IN MY MACHINE RIGHT NOW.. EXPANDABLE to 3GB.. while your little MPC peaks out at what I'm running casually.

Live?! Mutha fucka, I'm not a roadie/groupie/guitar player! I'm a producer! WTF are my interests in me running live events!? AUDIO ENGINEERS RUN PROTOOLS HD SYSTEMS AT LIVE EVENTS WITHOUT A PROBLEM, YOU FUCKING MORON! Oh, look at this kid trying to bash my 3GB expandibility like it was a bad thing.. but if your precious little MPC could do it, you'd flaunt it in no time. REMAIN CONSISTANT, infidel.

Oh, how convienient. Wait til we get to the price of you're little wonder machine and then we'll see whose saving money.

WARNING: Blanket statements with no proof are eminant when dealing with hardwarephiles.

Semantics.. OH OH OH HE SAID THE FREQUENCY/BIT RATE BACKWARDS!! AHAHAH!! AHAHA!!

A desperate child is hidden behind your screen name.

Ahem....

1.) The fact that these software packages run on a computer is proof beyond proof of they're compatibility to any studio that's worth it's salt

2.) The ease of backup since it is on a computer that can plug into a network and/or have a real functioning CD that can actually do audio AND data CDs. (Oh no, the MPC has failed again!)

3.) FUTURE expandibility since any upgrade on your MPC will be a firmware update, and given the speed of Akai when they finally gave out the drivers for the CD-R software, it looks like you won't be getting many critical updates.

4.) Format output conversions and file types galore for increased compatibility.

5.) Ease of acquisition for these programs, illegally or legally.

Should I continue, or will you desperately try to spin these as well? What out! For #1, I forgot to put a period!

AND NOW!

THE PRICE OF YOUR WONDERFUL MPC 4000 IS

*drumroll*

$3,000 retail!!!!

(This is where you say no one in their right mind would buy it for that price and then link me to an eBay auction as if that was a credible source of consistant price.. but, once again, the keyword is... RETAIL!)

...and for $1,000, I can get a computer with double the spec standards of this piece of shit.
    test
  3. Demandred

Demandred Buck-Fifty

Continued with weak arguments with no support for any of your inital points, your basically rambling at this point, and you respond to everything yet skip over the questions...

Where don't you understand that I use software in conjunction with hardware, stop distorting and start reading

Aren't you a Cubase user? yet you are preaching Pro Tools?....
    Do you know what seperates Pro Tools from Cubase? Hardware
    Why do people buy Pro Tools? Hardware
    Yet you feel free to to label it strictly as software or the irony that your supposely anti hardware but would mumble Pro Tools??
    Do you even have access to a Pro Tools setup? What Type? WinXP or Mac?
    I've asked you to answer the purpose of Pro Tools and yet you fail yet to answer it, and its not for midi sequencing, if you had any experience with hardware and software you would be able to give a legit argument, You seem to prefer childish name calling which I am beyond
    Instead of preaching things you haven't used lets stick to what you know/use

Everything these days comes with bugs, and akai is no different (Steinberg,Digidesign have all suffered from some very retarded bugs)
    Point is it works now, so where is it revelant other than it didnt work when it first came out? How are bugs that no longer exist revelant to November 11, 2003?

Point proven that you still are treading in waters you know shit about, do you even know the equalivant of 516k in mpc in comparison to a computer...
    2nd I am sure you have knowledge of computers and how they work, so tell me why I need more than 516k especially when I'm doing simple repetitive music such as hiphop?
    The ram is enough to make classical music on... So?

and to put you on the spot What gain are you going to get between 1,2,3 gigs of ram in the audioworld? Especially on an optimized computer? Then rethink why a mpc user would need 3 gigs of ram? And then try to successfully word it in your favor.......

Losers tend to result to insults, and get all upset, so feel free
    Even you just admitting you know nothing about live, then you go and follow up with some dumb shit like audio engineers run HD systems at live events...... with adat or another form of backup. In critical events, its pretty univerally known that digital recorders are standard for live RECORDING, why do you think they still exist? and the standard for setting up a live PLAYING doesn't include a p4/amd computer

..... ya and i'm only compatible to anything that has an input jack

The ease of backup? well beyond saving on scsi,internal,external harddrives, the point that the mpc can be accessed just like an hard drive (look up Ak. Sys), and the stupidity that the mpc also does audio and data cds....

Well besides the hardware expansions, the future expansion is a new machine, just as you going from Reason to Reason 2.0 is the same as 2000 to 4000 to whatever else is ahead, and define "critical" update and why I need alot of them.....

Besides the universal .wav/.aiff format if for some weird reason I need compatibilty its
    called a translator program

Are we buying drugs off the black market? how is legally even revelant
    Lets reword you can download them off your local p2p program for free

Ignorance succeeds in sticking by your side(ill just repost this from another forum)

(Start of repost)
    Look up a sound card that has Wordclock, Digital I/O(ADAT,S/PDIF), SMPTE, 2 Pedal Inputs, Turntable Preamp, 2i/4o midi timepiece /w extra 2 virtual midi ports, plus a virtual midi patchbay, and a SoundCard with 8i/8o

Then add on a 96(well mpc has 96) ok i'll give you a break 88 key midi controller /w velocity sensitive keys plus aftertouch

(Before you say usb pads)
    MPD16 is a downgraded version of MPC Pads
    it has 2 banks not 6 leaving it with 32 keys which essentially slices it effectiveness down by 66% and 1 performance knob instead of 6, but atleast you'll get to try out the full level and 16 level which is pretty cool to have automatically set up for you
    (To be equalivent add the keyboard on)

Almost forgot add in a SCSI interface, a midi knob interface and mmc controller, and we should be up to par feature wise vs a mpc

Come back and tell me how much all that cost, plus the amount of clutter you have,

The best part of a MPC
    Transportation
    (End repost)

Do me a favor and put all that togethor and come back and give me a price thats above your initial quote

Z4/8 sampling engine doesn't tick anything within your brain but then again you are limited in this field so it wouldnt
    Learn what is it, and the speed before you agrue processor speed

MPC4k lets go at guitar center for 2,500, all you do is walk in tell them you want it and you have 2500 and they let it go not to mention ive seen GC with used ones for 1,800, but price is still irrevelant

You still have no valid support to backup any of your original statements, Point is I use Software and Hardware, you only use software therefor you fail in even giving me the pros and cons, As of now you don't have a crutch to stand on cause you lack the experience............
    test
  4. Demandred

Demandred Buck-Fifty

test
  5. RawDogg1210

RawDogg1210 A Natural Hustler

Demandred,

I know we had are words in that thread but just leave this Ghet cat alone and let him keep talkin his dumb shit about the MP, I sonned this cat about the Mpc in another thread and he still continued to talk pure nonsense after I already stated facts, it seems like Ghet always catches feelings when someone brings up about an MPC so I just let him have his fun posting dumb shit about it cause I found it a waste of time tryna argue with him, I gotta ask Ghet why do you care so much about what other people use and other peoples choice of preference?
    test
  6. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

Ghet, your always talking bout Protools..... when infact protools 'Le' is pretty weak compared to some of the other software out there as its a cut down version...... Protools HD is what all the pro studios have & what has given them their industry standard name, and the HD systems 'start' at $10,000 for a basic set up: http://www.digidesign.com/products/hd/
    test
  7. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

thing about that is that its 4000LE which has even less features of what Ghet is bashin......
    your both contrdicting yourselves quite a lot
    you state that people go to insults when get said infidel, and you were talkin about his IQ and shit so w/e
    yall both are repeating the same thing, neither advancing, and both have people who agree with them (and the other jus calls them dickryders) so yea
    ima lock this, at first the argument brought ideas, now its jus repetitive bashin
    test
  8. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

pump it mutha fuckas pump it
    re-opened based on complaints
    haha whats a MOD to do
    up
    test
  9. Demandred

Demandred Buck-Fifty

thank ya :)

Now for Ghet to respond :)
    test
  10. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

this is dumb.

ghet is right, demandred is a fool.
    test
  11. Milo

Milo Guest

mic1tharula, if you're over the age of 12, you'd realize that in an arguement/discussion, your opinion means nothing with anything behind it.

just like the, "damn, ghet sonned this dude," or whatever cat earlier.

WHY is ghet right? do you even know what you're talking about?
    test
  12. Demandred

Demandred Buck-Fifty

m1c doesn't even produce so he should be quiet in this thread :) Thx

O lemme bring over my post from the other thread /w some edits

Milo originally stated Ghet was an annoying problem, and I said I would take care of that.

Ghet follows with some horrible support to back up his original statements, and went downhill from there as I hit a homerun with every weak point he brought up

My original goal isnt to bash him, or belittle him, but to enlighten, and he hurts himself by throwing bad pitches at someone much more knowledgable then him

Obviously(He complained about the price), but it's equally upgradable as a computer, and cheaper if you do it yourself, not to mention you prob have a hard drive and some ram 256k ram lying around the house
    Fully upgraded its no different than a Plus edition

I count one contradiction, maybe I shoulda kept it professional, but that was more of a rage evoking technique
    than an insult, and it worked. The more times he calls me words like fag etc the more it works in my favor :)

I like to label it discussion

The only few things I repeated were questions he seemed to magically skip over answering, Ghet has no one that agrees with him other than a dickrider, and I made quite a bit of progression, in that I countered everything he put on the table

Im the defendant, He's the plantiff, it's not up to me to prove his case only put up a defense, which I think I've done a pretty good job of doing
    test
  13. mic1tharula

mic1tharula 790 verbal

@DEMANDRED....

dude if you knew my history with ghet you would know that i have often disagreed with dude and thought he was givin out bunk advice...to other kid...yall aint providin any evidence either, you just keep re-statin the same shit that you can't back up. WUT.
    test
  14. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Me and m1c hate each other with fiery passion. He even had in his sig "TIME TO TAKE THE AUDIO HELKP FORUM BACK FROM THE GHET DICK RYDERS" to some degree.

So if that kid is saying I'm right... then it's not because he's riding the cockasaurus.. it's because he knows the MPC is a waste of time and money.

Still avoiding the topic and trying to use pretty words against me to draw attention away from your inferior product.. they do the same shit in the Introspectrum.. I'm used to this bullshit twenty-fold to the hundreth power.

LMAO... using a MPC when you have Digital Performer or Logic running. That is equivilient to tying a tricycle to an automobile and considering it a mode of transportation.

Psstt... guess what the hardware on ProTools does? A FUCKLOAD MORE THEN A STUDIO FULL OF MPCs!!!

What, you don't like ProTool's MIDI capabilities? Granted, it's not as good as say DP, but ProTool's MIDI functions still shits all over your insignificant MPC. Awww.. your patch changes won't save? Awww.. poor little net-tech. Maybe you should save the actual MIDI code for patch change in each track like the industry standard suggests so that it will comply with universal transfers! Aww wait, can you even manually add MIDI requests (that aren't notes) in an MPC? Not with the detail OR ease of ProTools, Logic, OR DP!

THE CD BURNER DIDN'T WORK! That's not the same as say a bug after you record 2 hours of 96K, 24-bit audio. AN ENTIRE PIECE OF HARDWARE DIDN'T WORK! FOR MONTHS AFTER THE RELEASE! The genius of the MPC cult and their weak explinations... hard at work...

BWHAHAHAHAHA

AHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh yes, because 512kb on a computer is SO much different then 512kb on a MPC! [/sarcasm]

BWAHHAHAHA

Now, all of a sudden, the MPC doesn't even use binary anymore! It uses advanced storage capabilities that no one ever thought of, even though it is still using the same PCM data as EVERY SINGLE RAM IN EXISTANCE!

BWAHAHAHAHA

He's rocking 512kb for real! AHAHAHA

512kb of RAM on a PDA = 512kb RAM on a laptop = 512kb of RAM on my computer = 512kb of RAM on a cell phone = 512kb of RAM on your piece of shit MPC!

Different RAM structures... bwahahaha! Oh, please go in further detail!

WHY YOU NEED MORE THEN 512KB!?!?!?!??!???!!!???!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey, SolEternity! Get in here, man, this kid is convinced 512KB will get him to the charts! AHAHAHAHAHA!

With your 512KB of RAM on your MPC, you can hold exactly 5 seconds and 945 milliseconds of MONO samples, or 2 seconds and 972 milliseconds of STEREO samples. BWAHAHAHAHA

Or did you mean 512MB? Fucking •••tard... get your measurements right... no wonder you hate computers.. you can't understand them.

3 gigs of RAM... 1.) you can load the ENTIRE operating system on the RAM, increasing the speed and performance of the computer by so many times, I don't think I can even calculate it at this moment. 2.) With the remaining space, I can load up so many VST/RTAS effects like reverbs, delays, huge sampler libraries, signal generators... things that your MPC WISHES it could do.

Hey... by the way.... not all music is sampled... OH wait a second.. everything the MPC does IS sampled! Ever heard of VCA/VCO/VCF/LFOs? You know, those simple things invented in the late 60s that the MPC doesn't have? Yes, well software plug-ins now dominate the market on all of those generating devices... things your MPC will never... ever... ever... ever... ever... ever... ever be capable of. You can now use physical modeling to generate any sound you want based on the actual science behind the acoustics of each sound in existance in a computer... while an MPC has to record it first and play it back. And I'm not talking about cheesy synths, I'm talking about full blown live sounding orchestras. guitars, and tube amplifiers. Your MPC.... it just an over-glorified sampler.

All the more reason why NO ONE IN HERE IS WORRIED ABOUT LIVE PERFOMRNACES EXCEPT WOULD-BE MONITORING ENGINEERS! Meanwhile, for the rest of the sane world, we are all producers here. And if you truly wish to be on top of your game, then take the money you would be wasting on a MPC and spend it for distribution or manufacturing.
    test
  15. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Psstt... software utilizes a soundcard to output.. which means... SOFTWARE IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PHYSICALINTERFACING as well as ANY DIGITAL FORMAT. IS the MPC still only allowing their proprietary .SND format for input or what?

Meanwhile, for those who can't dish out $3,000 for a glorified MIDI-triggered sampler, the MPC 2000 cannot do any of this with the exception of very expensive and very weak spaced SCSI drives.

Halt... progressing from Reason 2.0 to Reason 2.5 is as simple as a download. Upgrading fro MPC 2000 to MPC 4000 means YOU HAVE TO BUY THE FUCKING PACKAGE ALL OVER AGAIN... thus proving the flexibility of computers will always out manuver your pathetic hardware solutions.

... or the inferiority of the MPC... it depends how much your MPCaholic ass wants to spin it.

Duh? Did you just log on to the internet yesterday or something?

The Aardvark for $600 which comes with not only everything you mentioned, but many ports of what you mentioned.

And fuck a turntable preamp... you can cheat with a mic pre anyways. The world knows no soundcard in existance as a pedal input because THAT'S NOT THE FUCKING POINT OF A SOUNDCARD! If we left technological creation up to you, modular designing would be in shambles. If you want a spot for your pedal input, keep reading...

Your MPC only has 16 pads physical pads. Thus, I choose the Radium for $199. And it comes with your precious footpedal/damper switch which can be customized to any MIDI request in addition to sustain.

MMC isn't required if I am using my computer. I am not telling an externally synced device to stop and start, thus, I don't need MMC.

Radium has customizable MIDI knobs, and SCSI isn't needed with high quality 7200+ RPM harddrives. (If you are recording vocals, that's a different story)

Total expense for those = 0.

I have a PCI card in my computer, a four octave keyboard, and a rackmountable patchbay/breakout box to interface with the soundcard. Ohh, the clutter!

$798.00. Like I said, I can get you hooked up with shit on a computer that will supercede the MPC by at least twofold and for less hten half the price.

And now, the question for you: What resampling method is the MPC using when it pitch shifts a sample by frequency.. I mean "changes notes" of the sample? On a computer, we can pitch shift and maintain the length of the original sample.. and your MPC can do.... nothing of the sort.
    test
  16. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

yall are insane.... this argumetn is stupid....

people are comfortable with diffrent things... im more comfortable producing my music with software... and recording with hardware... someone else may feel differently... or opposite... do i argue them to try and convince them im a genius cuz my point is the point that rules all?

no...

i let them do them... if you make ill beats with software... and dont like the feel of hardware... thats you.. or vice versa...

what ever happened too "having a personal preference"?

why does someone have to be crucified if they disagree with the general public?

sure...stats may prove one to be superior...in different ways... but stats mean nothing... cuz with all those stats....you cant put either tool in someone who never had experience with either... and expect them to make a iller beat on one...than the other...

its a bullshit argument.

i use fruity loops.... i've used mpc's... i prefer fruity loops because i dont like punching drums... i get the same quality beats from both...

stop arguing!...shits getting mad old... and annoying.
    test
  17. Syntax_Mastery

in short...

a ill beat is a ill beat no matter how it was made...

if i bake a better tasting cake than emeril lagasee in a shitty beat up oven.... i STILL baked a better tasting cake than he did...
    test
  18. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

I agree.. but I'm doing this for people who have never made a beat in their lives and have no idea where to go.

I'm trying to debunk the hard-rooted myth of the MPC so they don't go wasting all of that important money.
    test
  19. Syntax_Mastery

i say... let them decide if they waste there money...

and spend more time doing something productive...like making a beat...instead of writing 3 page letters to MPC owners...lmao

:)
    test
  20. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

My site exists to help people. That's why I write tutorials on how to use stuff. That's why I come to this forum to help people. That's why I tell them the MPC is a waste of investment.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.