Motif 6 or Fantom XA....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by R-Tistic, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

A month or two ago, I posted that I was going to upgrade and get a new synth, and I was deciding between the Triton LE, Motif 6, and Fantom XA. I have eliminated the Triton as a possibility, and now I am trying to decide between the Motif and Fantom. I have gone to different websites to see what they say, and I have tried playin around on both at Guitar Center but I didn't get to hear all of the sounds on both.

So which one would you recommend? I am getting them strictly for the synths, but if I had the Fantom I'd probably use the pad they have for samples but it's not that important to me. I have heard that the Motif has better acoustic sounds, but the Fantom has better synth sounds. With me, it's a hard call to say which one I feel is more important. It seems like the Motif has better drums and basses from what I played around with. If any of y'all use either one, and you have songs up on your site that use one of the boards, drop a link so I can check them out.

Also....what is the Fantom S??
    test
  2. MisterRock

MisterRock Fah Cure Momz

motif es 6 between 1800-1999

if u cant afford it get the motif es rack 1099

i hate the fantom even more so i hate roland

roland recycles to much gear
    look @ this and check out there release dates

xv5080 xv5050 xv2020
    fantom fantom s fantom x fantom xa
    test
  3. R-Tistic

I don't have enough to get the ES, just the 6 that is usually around 1200...same for the Fantom XA that's 1400 standard. Y do you have the fantom n Roland?
    test
  4. MisterRock

MisterRock Fah Cure Momz

i work @ guitar center and play on them all day

the reg 6 is nice

but the ES is shitting on it

get the ES RACK 1099 and spend 300 on a hot controller
    test
  5. R-Tistic

How much different is the ES versus the regular? Damn, a lotta these things are confusin since I don't know many people with either one. I was messin around on Jerzey Devil's Fantom, but he had the configurations on there weird as fuck so I didn't know what to do wit it.
    test
  6. Likle Gotti

Likle Gotti New Member

out of my experience with them all (and its very limited) just for sounds i'd say the motif has the better sounding sounds from what i remember....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.