Most progressive African-American's of All-Time. "THE LIST"

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by d-rell, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

diddy isnt progressive in the sense that he has made a real change for black america.... he's is however a sucess story and is a brilliant buisness mind

a positive role model
    test
  2. There isn't talent in pumping money in promotios and taking more than 80% of the album yield. What's the word for that business model... oh yeah... slavery. By the way your praising Diddy, you must be pretty keen on it!
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Motherfucker paid $47 million for the beatles catalog. And He don't even own it solely. Infact, he's in co-ownership with sony, and sony is looking to buy him out. Michael jackson don't have hardly shit no more, last I read motherfucker is about broke with a quarter of a billion dollar debt.
    test
  4. d-rell

d-rell New Member

If he's that deep in debt then why doesn't he liquidate? Why doesn't he sell the Beatles rights and cash in? Why doesn't he sell his 3,000 arce Neverland Ranch, or at least lease it to someone? Do you know how many antique assets he has? If he gets to declare any chapter in bankruptcy, his lawyers should be able to have Mike Vick in a Falcons uniform for the kickoff of the NFL season. Don't believe every word of petty gossip you here in the press little ones, do your research.

Bubbles the •••••• = 700 american dollars

Thriller Album = 104 million in worldwide sales

Ownership shares of Bob Dylan, Neil Diamond, and the Beatles catalog = over 2 billion dollars

Dinner with good friend Paul McCarthy at the Bistro in '85 = 69.99 plus tip

Michael Jackson outbidding rock legend Paul McCarthy for his own ish = priceless.

Still a bit of black power there.
    test
  5. d-rell

d-rell New Member

True Diddy has legally stiffed alot of black artist. True he needs to stop abusing the "dead man's grant", and leave Biggie alone. But whats the turnover? He's absorbing profits in the recording industry, (a percentage of it cash another artist has earned) and through his superstar status, is converting a portion of it into economic benefits within the black community. Sean John and Bad Boy board of directors, management staff, and low level employees are african american, and yet a significant body of Sean John and Bad Boy Records consumers are white, (i.e. the percentage of consumers that are white is significantly higher than the percentage of employees that are white and Diddy has the controlling interest in both companies) so he's taking alot of caucasian consumer dollars and converting it into black captial, increasing (progressing) the wealth of the black community. Beautiful.
    I could also get into the idea that since the Victorian era there has been an increased intangible value on class and sophistication among the noble levels of Westernized soceity. Hip Hop was cosidered one-dimensional, invariably rugged, and thus barred from the acceptance of most aristocratic investors. It still somewhat is, but cats like Diddy, and especially Diddy, are helping to transform that opinion by exposing the versatility of hip hop, and in the process attract more investments.

Real talk, still = no top 100

I luv my culture
    test
  6. why not expand the list beyond American?

and who the hell is paul mcarthy?

haha
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

sony wants Michael to sell the rest, but michael has sold 25% of the collection to sony. Sony now has 75% of it.

http://www.luxist.com/2006/04/13/michael-jackson-refinances-by-selling-songs/

Michael sold his never land ranch for $37 million, but all of that will go towards his incressing legal costs.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/jackson sells neverland

jackson owes alot of money to people. Jackson has 1,000 law suits.
    Infact, he is so poor he tried to sue someone for 10 million, but the judge threw out the case. He has a spendaholic debt of $300 million. Those antiques he bought are on credit therefore a repo man will come to collect most of it.

http://www.lawcore.com/legal-information/01-14-06.html

What I find funny is you're telling me what to believe like you have insider information. When the fact is you're arguing from ignorance. And you're
    Bias is trying to conformity enoforce my will. Not going to happen ever.LOL!

http://tig.mu.nu/archives/016348.php
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/entertainment/2943120.stm
    http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=755&id=866132006

When his financial advisers are claiming he is close to bankrupt it's sort makes you're argument null and void.

Good day!
    test
  8. d-rell

d-rell New Member

According to your source Michael sold the ranch in 2005 right?

Then why is it authorities just forced him to shut down his ranch in the 1st quarter of 2006 because he failed to pay park employees? Sources have confirmed that since this period his employee's have been compensated. Some suspect sources say he has even re-opened the ranch.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4792028.stm

you're relying on an invalidated source

to further disprove your source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverland_Ranch
    ^
    look at the last section, 2006 Michael Jackson statement: "Neverland is a house now. It's not a home anymore. I'll only come back to visit." Beyond that, the allegedly near "bankrupt" Michael Jackson is heavily considering building a new 'Neverland' in Berlin to add to his property assets.

"1,000 law suits????"

According to the New York Times every insolvency threat (and almost every court case against Jackson) has been comletely settled and resolved

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/13/b...bff2f7a4da68fe&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

"Michael Jackson is so poor" that he owns 25% of perhaps the greatest and most lucrative catalog in World History, Sony/ATV Music catalog + plus his own catalog + Neverland mansion + a mall of classic antiques + the ability to post sell-out tours anytime he wants anywhre across the globe.

Michael is a wealth beyond financially secure, you misinformed idiot, do not get absorbed in the entertainment press' ongoing attempt to create and perpetuate false stories. Remember their job is sell a story not tell the truth, before Michael went bankrupt he had a whole list of valuable assets he would have to exhaust.

Good Day.

~1~
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I don't even know why I am even entertaining this. lol

Frist off, wikipedia is the worst place to go for infromation.
    That site has misinformed me on statistics before.
    http://www.wholistichealingresearch.com/Wikipedia_disinformation.html
    http://ethanzuckerman.com/blog/2004/11/27/what-does-wikipedia-want-to-be/

Second off, This says he has already sold his amusment park rides.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/07/28/michael_jackson_sells_amusement_park_rid

"And, after finding homes for the wild pets Jackson housed on his sprawling estate, he has now sold his playthings to a Japanese collector. The new owner plans to open a theme park dedicated to Jackson in his native Japan."

I'm reasonable, so maybe he has or maybe he hasn't sold never land. Only person that knows for sure is michael jackson and the buyer.

Moreover...

"I don't know what to do with these murals," the gallery owner, who asked to remain anonymous, told the mag. "Maybe I'll put them on eBay and see what I can get." And, despite Jackson's rep's claims that Neverland isn't for sale, Santa Barbara reports that the singer's menagerie of exotic animals is quietly being unloaded. "Jackson's elephant sold to a big wheel [circus] near Los Angeles," a source told the mag. "It's also true that Jackson has four giraffes up for sale. His asking price: $35,000 a pair." - Aug 24 2006

Thridly, Why are you reading the nytimes? That paper does inaccurate reporting.
    not all of his lawsuits were halted.

In 2007.

“Now the prince is demanding in his lawsuit that Michael go to work for him as agreed. Abdullah expects Jackson to make his record and put it out so the prince can begin to recoup the millions he invested in Michael during their friendship. Fat chance.

“That Jackson is now being sued — in London, no less — by his former benefactor is a bad sign for the singer. He has depended on the kindness of Arab billionaires for some time now, but between this and what seems to be his current nomad status, he may have exhausted his credit in the last place where it still existed.”

Michael is also being sued by his former entertainment lawyers.

http://www2.shoutmouth.com/index.php/news/24972

"Michael Jackson's former entertainment lawyers are suing him. The Los Angeles law offices of Lavely & Singer are saying Jackson owes them $113,750 in unpaid fees. The firm is claiming that Jackson agreed in arbitration last year to pay $180,000 for services rendered. Jackson was to pay in three installments, the last one being $113,750. Lavely & Singer claim that Jackson failed to make this final payment."

Fourth, As I stated Michael jacksons own financial advisers are saying he is close to bankrupt as I've already pointed out.

Here is more of his financial problems...

"The witness said he obtained only one balance sheet, from June 30, 2002, and it showed Jackson with a net worth of negative $285 million. He said this included assets of $130 million and liabilities of $415 million."

"A 2003 piece in Vanity Fair magazine estimated Jackson’s monthly expenditures at $1 million and claimed that the pop star was incapable of economising and prone to eccentric spending, including a $10,000 monthly charge from a Beverly Hills chemist."

"the same billion-dollar catalogue attracted the interest of Fortress Investment Group, a New York investment firm, that has taken on $270 million of debt owed by Jackson."

One thing jackson has is 25% of the back catalogue. The problem is he won't sell that 25%. And even if he does sell it or is forced to sell it that money will most likely go to legal costs.

You're argument is based on you're bias for jackson.
    There is no need for name calling just because you're wrong on somethings.

Good day, indeed.
    test
  10. d-rell

d-rell New Member

dude

All fiscal intellectuals know that something doesn't add up

Michael just "owns" too many assets to being going bankrupt over a few unpaid creditor claims. He could sell a couple Giraffes and a couple African Elephants and cover his legal suits.

Michaels advisors are simply deploying a clever legal strategy to gain public sympathy and discourage these desperate opportunist from pursuing legal action against him (as they're likely anticipating out-of-court settlements).

The man has more than you know. He's like 20 Paul McCarthy's

~1~
    test
  11. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but 20 Paul McCartneys? Hell no.

Stop disrespecting the God and spell his name properly.
    test
  12. d-rell

d-rell New Member

lol, I knew if I didn't correct that misspelling somebody would get upset...

And I bet you're English or Scottish... so predictable

That you for the correction

~1~
    test
  13. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

you might aswell 50 cent in that list if you want to put puffy in based on those accomplishments. the rest of g unit somewhere in the mid hundreds-ish range

lol @ tony yayo ranked next to condaleeza rice
    test
  14. Oh.. don't forget to call all rich black people who don't vote for Democrats Uncle Toms, too. And then promptly remove them from te list. And shame them with brow beating.
    test
  15. Also, put Mike Blizzard on that list, since his company pulls in over $120,000,000 a month. (Isn't that how much Diddy is WORTH lifetime average?)
    test
  16. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

youre just mad you didnt make tyhe list
    test
  17. test
  18. d-rell

d-rell New Member

I'm not too familiar with Mike Blizzard yo? I subscribe to Time and Black Enterprise they never published an artical about this cat ??? I don't think he's listed in FORBES either? I can't find him in any search engine?

Is that his pseudonym? Are you exaggerating his income? Did you create him on the Sims? Does he live in San Andreas? Is he some black nightmare you've been having Ghet?

lol give me a link... really, I can't get enough minority success stories

~1~
    test
  19. That's the joke name they give him.

His real name is Michael Morhaime.

And he is a minority.

Because there is only one of him.

His company is very close to $150 million a month.
    test
  20. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

lol@Michael Jackson being broke. No way he's broke. Thats just a cover up so the parents of little boys can't sue him.

If Michael Jackson was to do a World Wide Tour right now, He'd clear any debt he has.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.