Most poetic emcees?

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Royal Sovereign, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

All of those mentioned above are great...But dayum yah forgot Pharoah Monch!!!
    test
  2. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

Grouch gets pretty poetic at times... Of course the usuals, Slug, Sage (who I think is probably the best lyricist out there)... MC Solaar, though I can't understand most of what he says... Eyedea, El-P has his moments, Qwel definitely, I'll concede Nas too, but he stays away from it alot... DMX though? Why not throw in Masta P while we're at it? I'm suprised no-one mentioned Guru... if you wanna talk abstract, though Aesop's got a good voice... he also has a specific lexicon that he sticks to (except for No Regrets, by far my favorite song of his)... Noah23 I think would be a little better of a choice, though most of his shit makes absolutely no sense to me... Josh Martinez is pretty poetic... Dose... Alias is really poetic too... Sole, shit, anticon in general's more poetic than most. Saul Williams is good, but he reuses his lyrics/poems a lot... or, recycles them, which I'm not to fond of.

But overall, I'd say that Sage Francis takes the cake. His sick rhyme schemes without forcing anything, man, Personal Journals is a classic, no ifs ands or buts.
    test
  3. Raz-Q

Raz-Q Mad in Germany

I'll stick with The Streets, aka Mikeee Skinner
    test
  4. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Killah Priest, Warcloud, Sage Francis, Buck65, and Canibus
    test
  5. CommonenemY

CommonenemY locomokopokeyohoehoe

tupac....nas....andre 3000.....mos def.....common.....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.