Most disappointing moments for you as a fan

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Heat Devil, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

To of my biggest just happened. I've been waiting for AA/Fedor for so long. and it was going just how i told everyone. One flying knee later and i have to join the Fedor is God line. Bj vs GSP was so fucking upsetting. and the number 1 for me is easily Hughes vs Royce. Im gonna be to honest here for a second. i almost cried. like real tears after that fight. my friends couldnt even talk to me. we started arguing afterwards and i was so upset i had to leave the situation. it was like i was watching my dad get beat up. I hated Matt Hughes back then. man im getting pissed just thinking agout it right now.
    test
  2. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

at the same time, it kinda demonstrated the evolution of the sport as a whole

while royce is and will always be a legend, it was a passing of the torch for all mma

people caught on to the whole bjj game and the sport has kept moving and changing

sucks but thats life.... im just surprised SO SO SO many people listed this , i never knew people had such an emotional attachment to royce
    test
  3. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

For some of us Royce was the reason we started watching MMA and on top of that some of us also started training because of him. he's more then a legend to me.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

double post
    test
  5. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i was born in 1986 you know so i wasnt even 10 at the time... but once i was in highschool i started hearing about these fights and had to check shit out, of course went back and started with UFC 1 and went from there..

royce was the first guy i really seen do it on that level like that... when i first put the shit on i was coming into this like "royce is gonna get fucked up, he looks like a pretty boy"....... but he came out and did nothing but amaze me, after him i started looking into everything about the sport, every fighting style, trying to understand everything i saw... and its been with me since.

and i agree, it was sort of like the passing of the mma torch... bjj was the dominate style when UFC first started, that was the main point of the UFC really, to prove bjj was the dominating style. but now with everyone training in multiple styles, and the athleticism of fighters being far beyond where it was... its a whole different world.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.