Most disappointing moments for you as a fan

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Heat Devil, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heat Devil

Heat Devil Macastopheles

Seeing Sapp beat Ernesto Hoost not once, but twice.
    test
  2. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

diaz losing to noons

arona's decision loss to wandy

ace's loss to henderson

mir's loss to PDP

randys loss to brock

anytime dana speaks

cory hill's shin snapping

colemans backstage roid rage after his first loss to fedor
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

honnestly the 3 most dissapointing times for me was

1. last saturday. that takes the cake.
    2. jacare's bullshit loss to mousasi
    3. royce's loss to hughes

ive been disappointed a lot (randys loss, diaz, arona those were good examples) but nothing hit me harder than those 3.

holy shit i forgot jacare's loss.. thanks mark hahah edited.
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

moreso than mousasi beating jacare in the finals?
    test
  5. Ben Official

hahah my god yes holy shit how could i forget that... that one his so hard i think i repressed it from my memory without knowing it.. jesus
    test
  6. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

1. BJ losing to an annoying Canadian *shakes head*
    2. Rampage losing to Forrest (the decision was legit, no excuses)
    3. Randy losing to Chuck twice
    test
  7. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Sakuraba's losses to Wanderlei(especially after Saku almost KO'd him in the first fight)

Sakurai's loss to Gomi

I almost stopped watching MMA after Gonzaga KO'd Cro Cop.

...how was that loss bullshit? If a guy jumps face first unto a guy who's displayed good upkicks in the past, that's not bullshit. Even Jacare said it wasn't a lucky kick.

Edit: Damn, I forgot about Guida's loss to Huerta!
    test
  8. Ben Official

i was so disappointed when i saw that man. jacare could have easily chilled out, passed his open guard EASY and continued to dominate. but he chose to be risky and go for a big ko punch and got caught. it was a little bit lucky in my completely biased eyes, stupid on jacare's part i guess, but god DAMN was i disappointed in that fight!!!!
    test
  9. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

It was Jacare's impatience that lost him the match, not luck. The entire 2 or so minutes it was on the ground, Jacare couldn't pass Mousasi's guard, he then got impatient, lost his cool, then ate foot and canvas. It's good to see aggressive, exciting grapplers like Jacare as opposed to guys like Arona, but that aggression can cost them the match sometimes.
    test
  10. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

it would be one thing if mousasi wasnt a fuckin BEAST.... but ive been following/studying up on him and im pretty convinced he is one of the more gifted fighters cerebrally ie fedor....... he really likes all sorts of combat sports, from grappling, to boxing, to kickboxing to mma, mousasi is a stud, a student of the game and more importantly no slouch

jacare has shown he is a monster at bjj, but thats only one aspect of mma, mousasi is the definition of well-rounded
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

As most of you have probably figured out, I'm a big Wandy fan, but the Oyama stoppage is probably the worst I've ever seen. Oyama was taking shots and he may have went on to get tko'd, but he was fine.
    test
  12. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

no order.. and most of mine are more situations than actual fights..

1. royce losing to hughes

2. nogueira being named interim champ because couture came out of retirement, even tho he rightfully earned the title

3. brock lesnar being HW champion in his 3rd UFC fight (4th or 5th MMA fight ever?)

4. fedors talent being questioned when hes probably beat more top HW's than anybody (im not gonna do the research, but im sure im not to far off)

5. if rampage beats jardine and gets his rashad fight, no doubt, but if he doesnt win and machida doesn't get the shot like dana said in an interview.. this will easily make the list

6. dana white being so intent on shutting down or buying out any competition

7. if i had to list in order, this would probably be #1... the fact MMA bouts can't be held in NY
    test
  13. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Brock's never really bothered me just because he's an actual athlete and he trains hard. Unlike Sapp, who wins due to size and not much else. But I could see why some people would have a problem with it. Best thing that happened for him imo was losing his UFC debut. Showed us that he was willing to go back to the gym and train just like any other career fighter.
    test
  14. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Can't believe I'm the only one that was ecstatic when Hughes beat Gracie.
    test
  15. jayoo

i wasnt.. just because royce gracie to me.. i dunno, hes such a great talent but age clearly was already taking that from him and in MY OPINION.. he was not at all ready for the breed of fighter hughes was, it was just disappointing to see someone great lose like that

and about brock, let me re-word it.. umm.. i agree his athleticism and dedication to train are unbelievable, and i respect him and i think he is a problem, especially with the lack of great HW's in the UFC anymore.. but i just feel like.. he shoulda had another fight or 2 of proving to do.

but aside from that i mean.. he deserves it, he does.
    test
  16. jayoo

woooooooooo dana white made my biggest disappointment go away in pt1 of this interview

[youtube]uWm7YpRMVlY[/youtube]

said "you will see us in the garden this year"
    and that they are very close with making it happen, the garden is behind them already

holla!!
    test
  17. jayoo

oh shitt.. pt2 of this interview

dana white on jerry millen of affliction: "he was texting me that night, left off saying he wants to fight me an stuff like that. this is what i said to him, ill buy you a 1st class ticket to las vegas. we'll put you up in a hotel and we'll go down an fight in my gym, if i dont knock you out ill give you $10,000.. thats the offer i made him, and.. jerry millen didnt show up on sunday."

dana is a G tho!! hahaha

heres jerry like 3 days earlier on dana, along with other footage.. fedor.. etc
    [youtube]2ZwyhJzSUVY[/youtube]
    test
  18. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

in all sports.....the yankees in the 2001 world series

boxing....roy jones being owned by calzaghe in the garden when i was there

mma....probably arlovski losing to fedor. ive always been a big arlovski fan, i trained with him at a seminar and we was mad chill, i hate fedor, i put 50 bucks on arlovski. i talked mad shit saying if he stayed outside and kept his composure he would win (which he was doing) and than he went for that one stupid ass flying knee
    test
  19. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

NY doesn't allow MMA yet because they're still assuming it's deadly, which is dumb. There's been one MMA death ever in 98 as opposed to boxing usually reaching double digits every year. Also, MMA guys don't display symptoms of pugilistic dementia.
    test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Read that UFC wants to go to Japan. I'd love to see it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.