Mos Def force fed under standard Guantánamo Bay procedure...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Twamp, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

• Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Yeah. Not feelin' it. Mind rape and body invasion. Must be totally degrading and mind warping for the people who get the full thing day in and day out on top of unjust imprisonment.

Regardless of Mos Def's intentions or authority as an artist, I was brought up respecting hunger strikes from political prisoners and won't ever see things any other way.
    test
  3. Superman70

Superman70 edited

yeah i stopped watchin that shit soon as the tube went in the nose.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

test
  5. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

This forced feeding is on some slave shit. Man, you're violating a person's freedom, shit's sick.
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

pretty much.

if they weren't terrorists before they locked them up, upon release you think they gonna forgive and forget?

:numaan:
    test
  7. j deazy

j deazy DAT_NICCA_MOOSE swallows

I think Mos Def spoke some powerful word to what force feeding actually is and put a real face to the actions. We often hear a phrase and we construct our own images based on what we'd like to believe that it means.

For anyone interested, Christopher Hitchens did something similar with waterboarding years ago and this made me think back to it.

I'm glad Yasiin takes is stepping up to the plate... This takes real balls and is not something that's taken up easily.
    test
  8. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Gotta give ol boy mad props for this........it's a sucky thing to go thru but he stood behind his convictions...that's a real man.
    test
  9. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Hodge Twins on the event. Apparently Mos was hamming it up a bit for the cameras.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^Thought that myself

Seemed like his reaction didn't match the experience
    test
  11. Dj Khaled Sucks

Dj Khaled Sucks Active Member

Whether he was hamming it up or not is not the point. He could have reacted to the situation in a calm matter during the entire duration of the procedure, and it would stil not make force-feeding right.

The issue is essentially over people having control of the on/off switch of their life. Should a prisoner refuse food and liquids, what right does the state have to administer either or both to the prisoner against his or her will? In the case of the dozens of inmates held at Guantanamo, most of whom are being held without charge, this is simply a macabre display of power on behalf of the US war machine. The message? You cannot escape indefinite detention. Even without charge. Even when you opt for death.

Keeping someone alive so they can continue to live behind bars without charge and for an indefinite amount of time is not merciful .
    test
  12. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Don't think anyone's taking anything away from how the whole concept is wrong - Especially during Ramadan
    test