Mortal Kombat vs DC universe

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by IssphitiKOzS, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

capcom fighters in abundance.....get a dc and a neo geo for snk/capcom
    test
  2. Radium

Radium f k

dag we got two akuma players in here. Akuma is my #1 "shoush"

everybody can't play Akuma. this shit reminds me sfa3 of everyone choosing Akuma.

I'm going to work on my Dudley swag this week

*throws rose at computer*
    test
  3. vinyl academics

akuma, yang or Q!
    test
  4. Radium

Radium f k

Q was always too slow for me
    test
  5. Langford

Langford New Member

you don't have to have the IP, it's pretty easy to get a game going if you can just find someone who has the same version of an emulator as you do. I still haven't done it SF3 yet since i had to DL this version of mame (about my 4th one) and haven't done the installation yet

i'll just try to go through everything i did in detail in case anyone else wants to try it or I need to come back here or something.

1- DL the link here.
    This comes with the arcade emulator Mame ++ 0.117 and Kaillera (for online access). There's more recent versions of Mame, but most people I've seen so far use this one, especially with street fighter games.

2 - extract using Winrar or some similar program.

3 - get some Mame ROMs (games). This is a good site.
    you can save them in the folder called "roms" or wherever you want.

4 - In the folder you unzipped, open the Mame application (mameppkgui-vc).

5 - Click Options, Directories, Browse, and choose the folder you save ROMs to so the program will automatically detect them. List will update with everything you have.

6 - On the left, the "Available" option should be checked to see what you can play. It should be set here by default.

7 - To play games normally, just click them and they should start.

-For multiplayer online, click "File" and "Kaillera Net Play" and the list of rooms/servers will load (it doesn't matter which game is highlighted when you choose this).

8 - The "Waiting Games" section shows how many people are waiting for games and what emulator they're using and everything. You need to have the same one as they do in order to play. Also, if your Ping is too high, you won't be able to enter some of the rooms, so you might have to close out of some programs.

- Or you can enter any random room and click "Create New Game" at the bottom. It'll have a dropdown for you to choose which game you want to set up. Once you do, you can choose when to start the game and who to kick from it, etc (good to have your controls set up beforehand).

Other Stuff

-In Mame under Options, Default Game Options, choose "Run in a window" to keep it from going fullscreen every time in case you need to do other things (if you want to play SF3, there's an installation process that can take 30 minutes the first time you start it).

-Under Controllers, check Enable Joystick Input to use controllers

-Once you're in the game, the left and right arrows can be used when it tells you to move the joystick left to right. You can press the Tab key to set up keys, or buttons if you have a controller
    test
  6. Langford

Langford New Member

I always use either Ken, Ryu, or Akuma, I need to learn somebody else.

I have more fun with the Vs. games though.
    test
  7. vinyl academics

test
  8. Radium

Radium f k

i'm in waiting rooms and clicked on a mame0.117 game this shit is taking forever to connect
    test
  9. Langford

Langford New Member

you mean just to load the rooms and servers? or to start the actual game?
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

ok i got into a room and am waiting in a "partyline" to play third strike. apparently my ping is wild high though. at 434. is there a way to fix this?
    test
  11. Radium

Radium f k

smh @ my ping being insanely high
    test
  12. Langford

Langford New Member

mine was like that too.
    i had to exit firefox to get my ping down, that was using most of my memory since i normally have a lot of tabs open. after i did that, i closed the connection and went back on and it was in the 40s.

if you open the task manager (ctrl.alt.del) you can see what's using most of your memory.

or it might also be dependent on your connection speed, i'm not sure. i did read somewhere that kailerra/mame is designed to work even with low speed connections, but i think SF3 requires more than most games, because it got kinda choppy a few times. i still haven't tested any other games yet, though.
    test
  13. Langford

Langford New Member

i just tried sf3 again and it's still lagging and stuff even with a 43 ping.
    looking for something else o try, but everyone has different versions of stuff, so i need to get those.

still lookin at some of other emulators on the list outside of Mame to see if anything's better.

oh you can also change the connection type to Excellent at the screen with the list of servers/rooms

i think they also have to match in order to play

test
  14. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

i have no idea what you niggas are going on about.
    test
  15. Langford

Langford New Member

...playing videogames online.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.