Mormons baptising dead bpeople..

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

keep in mind, the prediction/promise at 13:30 is a theme which is repeated through several of the passages i quoted before. mark 9:1 states specifically that 'there shall be some of them that stand here, who shall not taste of death, until they have seen the kingdom of god come with power.' you could take coup's interpretation that he was referring to the establishment of the church. but then matthew 16:28 uses almost identical wording: Quote: {16:27} For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. {16:28} Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Yes because some people WILL live thru the tribulation. The church is coming with him for the final battle. When the blood will reach the height of a horses bridal.
    test
  2. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

?

that doesn't address anything i just wrote. you ignored the crucial words in that passage. he doesn't just say some people will not taste of death, he says some standing here. i.e. those who were standing there before him, listening to him speak.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

I was adressing that quote specifically

But i was saying the church will be with him when he comes back for the battle. So prior to that they had to be raised in order to come back.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

thats in reference to the destruction of the temple.
    test
  5. reggie jax

'till they see the son of man coming in his kingdom'

clearly not a reference to the destruction of the temple.

with the temple thing, i assume you're referring to mark 13:2 where he says
    but directly after that, his disciples ask him
    and he responds with a long passage describing the rapture in detail, followed by the promise:
    'till all these things be done,'not just the destruction of the temple.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

That is true.
    test
  7. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

reggie I'll get to your other questions biased off what I said..soon. I didn't read your and paybacks exchange.
    test
  8. Coup d Mobile

Coup d Mobile Up is down, down is up

First, by rapture I assume you mean the Second Return of Christ. There is no secret rapture for believers. Jesus will come once and only once. Even believers will face tribulation along side the hell bound. The rapture is a lie from Satan trying to trick God's children into believing in a easy way out. The ones that prophesy out of their own heart are the ones that go on teaching a lie that there is a rapture when God Himself said that it's not true. The people that teach others the rapture are leading them right to the arms of the Antichrist. I can get to bible proofs but this is not the topic.

There are a lot of places in Scripture that talk end times...and it all has to be read.

II Thessalonians 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

This verse tells us that Jesus will not return until the son of perdition be revealed. Perdition means to perish and die. The verse also tells us that Jesus will not come for anyone until Satan is revealed. Their is no rapture. Jesus will not come for anybody until that happens. Satan is the one that deceives the world and that can be read in Revelation 12:9 and 20:10.

Anyhow, back to the question at hand.

mark 13

But in those days, after that tribulation, the
    sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not
    give her light, And the stars of heaven shall
    fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be
    shaken. And then shall they see the Son of
    man coming in the clouds with great power and
    glory. And then shall he send his angels,
    and shall gather together his elect from the four
    winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the
    uttermost part of heaven. Now learn a
    parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet
    tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that
    summer is near: So ye in like manner, when
    ye shall see these things come to pass, know
    that it is nigh, even at the doors. Verily I say
    unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till
    all these things be done
    . Heaven and earth
    shall pass away: but my words shall not pass
    away.

This generation: The meaning of the Greek word generation is GENEA. This word means more than just "generation" as we commonly think of it IE blocks of years or a set of time passed and the people in it. 50-75 years maybe ? IDK

It has the idea of "birth," "descent," "children," "race" and was even used to refer to the end times (Herodotus of Halicanassus III, 122). It is best to understand Jesus' expression to mean "this race," "this people," or "this period of time." Here is an example from Luke

Luke 16:8
    And the lord commended the unjust Steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light

Any other sense of the word is meaningless in the context of Jesus' message. If we say "this generation" refers to those alive during Jesus' first coming, then the destruction of Jerusalem HAD to also be His second coming, and the judgment of the wicked and the righteous. That is the end of everything. But, we are still here (Romans destroyed in it 70 A.D.)

This verse is controversial because it is a favorite for scoffers of all creeds. They assume that Jesus failed to come because of their interpretation of the word generation and Scripture in general. It's a verse used to try and show Jesus to be a liar and thus not really the Son of God or to show Christ to be nothing but a flat out a fairy tale.

There are no contradictions in the Bible. Haven't I told you that already ?
    test
  9. reggie jax

that makes sense.

and yea i meant the second coming of christ. i thought that's what the rapture was. i've never heard of a secret rapture.
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the secret rapture will happen in my pants

oh no!

ugh ahg gjhhghafx...

sorry already happened
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.