more women centered forums?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Shit with corn in it IRM'S BITCH, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If the women are right in thinking that the guys have most of the forums and they deserve at atleast one, then do you think setting up more forums mainly for women would be met with approval? What about title suggestions? 'Family matters' or 'childcare' or maybe a 'health' section. Would that make the women who think they dont have suitable places to post on rapmusic happier? Maybe you could drop some topics that the women would talk about if they had their own forum just for them to post in and develop a theme from those ideas.

There always seems to be a question of lack of numbers of women, so maybe something needs to be done to encourage it? But the question is, will the site be moving to far away from a rapmusic site if this happens? There is a section for computer games and even wrestling though, so why not?
    test
  2. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

because this site isnt centered around women...people who visit this site are into other things then just rapmusic so thats why we have other forums like smack down movies poetry etc. if we have a "childcare" section for the all but 3 women who have kids on here then i want an "african american forum" , "college students forum", "married couple forum" etc..u see how it will start to get? out of the 32 thread in here only 8 are from women..they cant even fill up the space in here already..they dont need anything else..
    test
  3. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

You said it "this site isn't centered around women." So of course it would naturally follow that the number of women who frequent this site would be considerably lower than men.

BBG, I believe, is suggesting that in order to encourage more female participation we should create more female-centered forums.
    test
  4. 6th_plague

i understood the question..i was stating WHY it wouldnt work...
    test
  5. Short2003

Short2003 AbsoluteHotness

There is barely any females on this site, there would be no point adding another female forum..
    test
  6. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

I didn't doubt you understood the question.

I was pointing out that your understanding about why it wouldn't work is centered around not having that many women on the site in the first place. But what BBG pointed and I elaborated on is that if we created a female-centered forum then it would attract more women to the site and consequently to those forums.

Ya dig?
    test
  7. 6th_plague

yeah i understand but it wouldnt work..get on aim and i will explain why..maurice31525
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

yeah but something like that might attract more females to the site and thats something we want to do, but right now those ideas might not work due to the lack of females
    test
  9. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

I dont understand. Just because a female doesnt post in a certain part of this site doesnt make it a "males only" site. It aint like if they post in the HHC the dudes in there are gonna run them out and shit. I see LaLa posting all the time in the HHC. There's a lot of females I've talk to on here that has a lot of knowledge on Hip Hop and shit....

We got the RnB forum. It's mad females posting in there. We got the Poetry Realm just as many females in there as there is men. The alley of course. The Movies and Entertainment forum, dudes arent the only ones that watches tv and go out to the movies. The Gallery, Hot Chocolate and Ghetto Queen sure as hell take advantage of that place. Hell I even be seeing Blank Page and I think Imperial posting in the Dirty South forum....And I almost forgot we got the Alley, which in fact, only females can mod because 1 male fucked up a few years ago.

So it aint like the females on here dont got no place to post. Maybe on the top part of the site yeah. But hell I just dont see it. How we gonna have a Childcare forum when there is only like 4 women with children. There is more dudes on this site with children then the women. That will turn into another "male forum". How can we have a "Family Matters" forum when there is only like females on this site married?

Maybe i'm being a bit closed minded. But I just dont understand.
    test
  10. 6th_plague

its females all over this site..u just have to leave the alley to see them...which i'm sure most who post in here dont. i just talked to one on aim about why she doesnt come in here ..she didnt say because men make stupid post..she said she dont want anyone in her business..she just here to make music connects...

and mindsoul u said what i been trying to say..i got my mind on pussy so i'm not thinking right hahah
    test
  11. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

^^ ha ha at your sig ;o)

I think this forum is great. I like this one. So I think it should stay the way it is and just pluck out the bad seeds. I mean, we can always just ignore the retarded post, which I've seen sooooooooooo many of. I just skip to the next. I can't be bothered with garbage like that. So I only post to what I have an answer to, and I don't take anyone that's being an idiot seriously...I just MOVE ON! :eek:)

The problem isn't lack of women posting either. It's more the ignorant males that come in and post retarded shit. I think that's the only MAJOR problem. Once you skip them and don't give them the attention, it's all good :eek:)
    test
  12. Nam Dekan

i'm all over the site, thank you very much..i'm comparing it to maybe 2 years ago or 3 years ago. we had a lot more then.
    test
  13. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

We have one, this one.

{I guess it's hard to tell which is which, huh? Yeah...I get confused sometimes myself...}

{} = sarcasm
    test
  14. ha?

Hence I said 'more', as in more specific subject matter for women who feel that this is the only section of the site of any significance to them. I thought you might appreciate the idea...
    test
  15. sagacious infant

sagacious infant reflecting the sun

*hugs* for brit boi
    test
  16. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

basically. we already have a "women centered" forum, it doesn't get any more specific than "Ladies Delight". I don't think the solution is creating more forums, but rather fixing the one we already have.
    test
  17. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I don't think there would be much of a point in creating another forum(s) for women. Like the others said.....the supply/demand isn't there to make it worthwhile.

Tights said it...Ladies Delight...we can talk about all that other stuff that could be broken down into sub forums right here.

Yes..there are many more females on this site once you journey out of the bottom off topic forums. That's a welcome relief to see. But you also wonder a bit why it is that they don't come here

Is it because they have no interest?
    Is it because the state of the forum?

Things like that.

Different forums on this site are like completely different site in and of themselves in many ways. You see people that aren't anywhere else on the board just in one or two forums or something.

I think the goal is to keep the women we already do have here, here. To bring back the ones that might have left. And to possibly attract those in that may have been interested but came in and were like, what the fuck is this.
    test
  18. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

Men and women both EQUALLY like hip hop music. It's just that the men post more in those other forums, and hip hop is dominated by the male gender. And females hardly ever post in the hip hop forum from what I've seen. I'm probably the only female who will easily piss off some random, think he's clowning, dumb typo, illiterate dude, then he'll eventually end up calling me a slut or some lame, unoriginal, and repetitive thing. [pus]

Imperial1
    test
  19. Nam Dekan

you women need to post in movies and entertainment forum more...its a wonderful forum
    test
  20. PopLocLou

PopLocLou I Found it on Forums

There aren't more femalecentric forums because of the pre-pube morons that hate women and haven't put 2 and 2 together.

Make a female forum + stop harassing them = More choices of females on the site to choose from for a greater chance of getting a LIVE AIM date and not a femBOT.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.