More Madden 2006 News

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by ZEDD, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZEDD

ZEDD Active Member

For the idiots that said Ea wouldnt have tried to improve on last years game with no ESPN

http://sports.ign.com/articles/613/613583p1.html

This article touches on some things, from what we know now there's

Superstar mode
    Complete Control Passing
    Passing Vision
    Improved Franchise Mode
    Improved Online play (online franchises, online storage)
    Adaptive AI
    Offensive line audibles
    Truck Stick
    test
  2. ZEDD

ZEDD Active Member

Madden NFL 06: Superstar Mode

Very few people know what it’s like to live the life of an elite NFL player. From waiting for your name to be called on draft day to making Pro Bowls and winning championships, only a select group of athletes experience what it’s like to fill those shoes. But this year EA Sports and Madden NFL 06 will give you a glimpse of all that comes with being an NFL big shot in a new game play mode called NFL Superstar. Combining Madden game play and certain RPG elements, Superstar mode may be the most revolutionary feature put in to Madden in a long time.

Superstar mode allows you to import your Race to the Heisman player from NCAA, your NFL Street 2 created player, or create a player from scratch where you actually select two parents with different characteristics in order to build your player’s personality profile. Much like NCAA 2006’s Race For The Heisman, Superstar mode focuses in on one specific player and begins by dropping you right into game play. You begin with a critical situation at a college All Star game. How you perform during that important play may affect certain elements of your NFL future. After you complete the brief All Star game intro, you must then fill out an NFL combine registration form, take the Wonderlic test, and hire an agent. Based on your performance thus far you will get a projected round in the NFL draft and will then be drafted with this year’s current class with guys like Alex Smith & Braylon Edwards. You then get set up in your new home which starts out pretty modest and becomes much nicer as your career progresses (if you’re not a draft bust that is).

Getting Around

Now that you’re in the NFL you will have a lot of responsibilities that can be handled in the following group of intricate menus:

Communication Device: Think Blackberry. Your communication device is one of your means of getting in touch with the important people in your life. You will be able to maintain email contact with your agent, coach, mentor, and a handful of other people in order to stay up to date with what’s going on.

Schedule: This is a calendar with an itinerary of various important events. Games, practices, etc. will be kept track of in this menu.

My Web: This is your official fan site where you can look at all of your accolades and accomplishments and track your career for up to 20 years if you end up being a Darrell Green or Jerry Rice type.

World Map: The world map is a mini virtual version of the actual city you play in. There are a number of locales you can visit such as the barber shop, tattoo parlor, and your agent’s office.

Agent’s Office: Your NFL agent is a big part of getting you whatever it is you want out of your career. You can demand a trade, complain about coaches, and just about anything else that you can bicker to an agent about can be done here.

Events & Responsibilities

NFL players have a lot of different responsibilities that take up their time. Here are a few things you’ll be able to do in Super Star Mode:

Interviews: Press conferences & interviews are nothing new to NFL players. You’ll choose from a list of answers and how you respond will affect how you are viewed by fans and treated by the media. You can become a media sweetheart like Donovan McNabb or the next big controversy like TO.

Movie Roles: One option for advancing your career is taking roles in various films. Your agent will pitch you a role and you have to decide whether or not it’s the right flick to elevate you to iconic status. You must then memorize a script and perform in each scene without making mistakes.

The Madden Bowl: You can enter the Madden Bowl tournament that takes place at the Super Bowl each year and show other top players how to work the sticks. You will play actual games of Madden in order to advance from round to round.

Madden Cover Athlete Selection: Only the best of the best are offered the opportunity to be on the cover of Madden. If made an offer will you accept the honor or shy away from fear of the curse?

What Else Is Involved?

Now you know how to get around, but how exactly does all of this play together? By now you’ve got the idea that your goal is to become a successful NFL player with a solid reputation. You have to play well, say the right things, and make a number of career choices that will determine your status. Each Superstar Mode player will have a player persona that will depend on where they are in their career. You can be a draft bust, a has been or hack, media darling, or you can develop into one of the all time greats. It’s up to you.

Aside from all of the extra curricular activities and menus is the actual game play. You will play the games on your schedule in the same manner your normally would by controlling all of the players, so it’s not a situation where you are only able to use your Superstar and nobody else. What you don’t have control of is the coaches and team management. If you’re a wide receiver you could very well end up on a team that refuses to give you a decent quarterback and keeps drafting bonehead players from year to year. These are the type of real life situations that NFL players deal with all the time. We are often quick to criticize and say a player should do this or that, so now it’s your chance to make the call. Will you live up to your potential? Make nice with your team and the media? Or will you become the next team cancer? Come August the choice is yours.
    test
  3. ZEDD

ZEDD Active Member

Madden 2006: Offensive Additions

By now you’ve all heard about the offensive additions that come with the Vision & Precision passing theme, but there are a number of other offensive game play innovations that will go to improve Madden NFL 06. Let’s take a look at a few of them:

Offensive Hit Stick: The offensive hit stick or “truck stick” is the offensive counterpart of last year’s hit stick. Big backs will benefit by being able to lower their shoulder and charge through smaller defenders in order to break a tackle. Be careful who you try and “truck” though, trying to knock down someone like Dallas safety Roy Williams with a small back like Warrick Dunn could end up in a fumble.

Slide Protection: This new feature will go a long way to relieve concerns some people have about how difficult it will be to pass with the new Vision & Precision mechanic. We all know the defense is tough in Madden 2005 and it will continue to be that way. Slide protection is an offensive audible set that allows you to direct your offensive line pre snap for better protection. You can have the line slide right or left if you want to roll out and pass, or have them stay in tight for a really small pocket that’s tough to penetrate. This can help you get more time to throw the ball and is also a weapon to combat some of the more effective blitzes of years past.

Smart Routes: Got a certain route you’d like to run but it’s not enough yardage for the first down? Routes can now be adjusted to make sure they get to the marker to give you enough yards to move the chains. While this is mostly important on 3rd down, it can be utilized any time during play.

Progressive Fatigue: Now that you’ll have fatigue back for online ranked games, EA wants to make sure it is more realistically depicted. In Madden 2005 you can run someone all game and they will come back fully energized just by sitting out a couple of plays. In Madden NFL 06 players will get more tired over the course of the game, so you have to better manage who is being played and how often. Backs who don’t tire as easily will be able to wear down a defense and you may find that having a deeper bench will be important this year. This feature affects both sides of the ball.

35 New Formations: Madden NFL 06 will feature 35 new true to life NFL formations.

Elite WRs Depicted More Realistically: Elite WRs will be able to totally lose defenders if they are given enough time. If you call a play where T.O. or Randy Moss makes a double or triple move and don’t get any pressure on the quarterback, those players will make you pay just like they do on Sunday. This is not a feature that will allow for a lot of wide open receivers all of the time, but it can help top tier NFL receivers stand out a little better.

Keep checking out Madden Nation in the coming week for more Madden NFL 06 goodies.
    test
  4. ZEDD

ZEDD Active Member

Madden NFL 06: Defensive Additions

While Vision & Precision is the theme for this year’s Madden game, the defensive side of the ball has also received a number of important additions that will help the Romeo Crennel’s of the world get the most out of their Madden experience. Listed below are a number of the defensive innovations to the game.

Shading Receivers: Anyone remember the pesky corner routes that have been problematic for years in Madden? This year you are given the option of shading receivers to the inside or outside. If you think a receiver is heading for the corner you can set your player before the snap to cover him to the outside to have a better angle on the ball. You can also have the defender play his man to the inside if an opponent is having a lot of success with the slants.

Post Snap Playmaker: Fans of Madden 2004 will remember the post snap playmaker where you could anticipate run or pass in order to get a jump on the offense. This was removed in Madden 2005 in order to include the hit stick, but will be put back into the game and is performed by pressing L2 and up (for pass) or down (for run) on the right analog stick just after the snap.

No More Tell Tale Zone: In past years of Madden it has always been possible to tell when a defender is in zone by sending a receiver to the opposite side of the field. If no man followed it was clear your opponent was in zone. In Madden NFL 06 you can have defenders follow a motion man even while in zone and their assignment will be picked up by another player. This great feature will remove the zone tells that have been in the game, so you won’t see so many players online motioning every single play because they don’t know how to make a read.

Adaptive AI: Adaptive AI has long been a popular Madden wish for fans in the online community. This feature improves defenders’ ratings when an opponent calls the same plays over and over. If you are playing against someone who thinks they can call the same passing play all game, your defenders will get a boost in the awareness and hands categories, allowing you a much better chance of shutting down a play or creating a turnover.

Keep checking back at Madden Nation for more Madden goodies in the coming week.
    test
  5. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

alot to read.. but sounds cool
    test
  6. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

That Superstar mode sounds like a combination of ESPN's house thing and NBA Ballers career mode... sounds pretty fucking sweet, honestly.

Now let's see if they can make gameplay not suck like last year's did (I thought 2004 was the best Madden's ever been).
    test
  7. PrOFouL

PrOFouL New Member

As many games I played or owned, have been very disappointing. I don't know about this one at all. Maybe another disappointment?
    test
  8. Matt Hood

Matt Hood Guest

i was dreading madden being the only football game but from the sound of superstar mode it sounds pretty nice.
    test
  9. da_after_shock

da_after_shock New Member

All that shit sounds pretty good.
    test
  10. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

lmao the superstar mode lets you create a player with parents
    test
  11. Average Joe

Average Joe It Is What It Is

sounds like they made some nice additions
    test
  12. The HUnter

The HUnter Forgotten legend.

superstar mode sounds dope as shit.
    test
  13. Maurkadi

Maurkadi Well-Known Member

them features dont mean shit.... what it comes down to is the garbage ass gameplay
    they make every year... they have nice concepts but the actual gameplay and graphics
    is horrible
    test
  14. Abra Kadabra

Abra Kadabra My Alias

that superstar mode has been in my dreams for 3 years I was thinkin one day I wish that you could actually be the player in the game and now they've done it wish you had full control to walk around the city and if you get recognized,sign autographs but have the ability to do what you want like walk around or drive around the city like GTA

lmao what if your mom is a lawyer and your dad is a crackhead who was never around
    test
  15. The HUnter

then you'll probably be a shrewd bargainer in terms of contracts, likely to attempt to get more than you're worth.

so many possibilities, ea, if they deliver, will be gods amongst men.
    test
  16. Abra Kadabra

Abra Kadabra My Alias

Can you choose what team you go to when you demand a trade
    test
  17. The HUnter

i'm not really sure.

i doubt it, however, because that doesn't happen too often in real life. you just ask to be traded, and if you've been good to the team, they may listen to who you want to go to or allow you to personally seek the trades.
    test
  18. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

like a lot of other people.. i wasnt sure if madden would be as good with espn gone.. but damn.. i must admit im excited.. the game seems perfect to me now.. all the things i thought needed to be fixed.. seem to have been fixed.. and thats because madden 2005 was already the shit to me.. holy shit
    test
  19. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

I watched a video of the gameplay today and I'm not impressed at all, and I'm a big madden fan. The gameplay and the announcing is the EXACT fucking same as last years. I'm not shelling out $60 for the same game anymore.

The superstar mode better be dope or I'll pass
    test
  20. Dominic Bones

Dominic Bones New Member

i believe the gameplay has changed alot by watchin a movie and playin it is two different things its probably a little tougher to play now since u gotta use the sticks to look and pass and all that stuff
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.