Mono/Stereo on Cool Edit

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Lenny Blaze, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lenny Blaze

Lenny Blaze New Member

Cool Edit Pro 2:
    Hopefully you found this program somehow (*cough* Kazaa *cough*)...Anyways, Just a few things that we're gonna change...Go into: Options -> Setting...or just press F4. On that menu, you'll see tabs for..."General, System, Colours, etc..."...click on multi-track. Once doing that, on the bottom left part of the rectagular box for settings, you'll see a section titled "Mixdowns". If 16-Bit is selected...change it to 32-bit. After that, look a little below the Mixdown part and you'll see "Track Record". If 16-bit is selected, change it to 32-bit. And also, if stereo is selected, change it to mono. Then just below the 'Track Record" section...you'll see "Pre-Mixing"...make sure that 32-bit is selected.

i got this off another thread and i use to have ti on default and everything worked fine but when i changed it to ^^ that way when i mix my tracks it can only be saved as 128 kbps at ost and my default way could be saved at 192 kbps, isnt it makin it lower or worse and how does this benefit my quality? help anyone...?
    test
  2. Lenny Blaze

Lenny Blaze New Member

test
  3. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

1. Why in the hell are you saving a mixdown to mp3 format.
    2. Changing your settings is not going to impact what bitrate you can save an mp3 in.
    3. Go find a 192kbps mp3 and re-encode it to 128. Now...do you hear a difference? (you should...)
    test
  4. Lenny Blaze

Lenny Blaze New Member

anyone else?
    test
  5. Lenny Blaze

Lenny Blaze New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.