momento..

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

So im piecing it together bit by bit lol. An what i get so far is that u used to be christianish an prolly had some bad experiences at church or youth group at some point but b4 that, or after somethin happened pretty vivdly when reading that deuteronomy passage. How bout if u still dont wanna get into it all. Can u tell what happened at the time?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

No bad experiences at church have ever pulled my heart strings in one direction or another that I might abandon belief in God because of them, not even insofar as setting off a slow build or chain of events that would lead me to changing my mind about such a thing, as far as I concern myself with this idea.

I was a Christian up until this summer, at which point I found my faith taking a hard hit with regards to an understanding that there is ultimately no clear basis for which we suppose the things we believe in to be true without proof. It's nothing that hasn't been said before, nor something I hadn't heard before. But if it comes in the form of a desolate wind, there is no sweeping it under your personal rug.

As quickly as ever, I was pressed with an ultimatum. For I was in a state of disbelief towards God, which was not a comfortable feeling whilst holding dear the pressures of accepting what had then been reduced to a non-existant social imaginary no different than many institutions of the world in which we live in.

On this day, Friday the 13th in the wee A.M., I decided to continue pursuing what I hope for with honesty just as I had tried as a theist.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Its not easy to have a relationship with the almighty. When God told the isrealites to drw near to me they ran in fear because of the thounder and lightening that proceeds from his thrown on the mnt. However that was atest as im sure many things that dont make sense now seem to be for you. Unfortunately thats the only way he can see where your hearts at and to what point you are willing to trust.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.