Moaning about moaners moaning and complaining about "weightism"...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Having the hardest time listening to female co-workers moaning about dieting and how they're stuck with being unable to lose the weight..

I don't think there's ever been more excuses made as when "overweight" is concerned.
    test
  2. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

I'ma PM you a story, @GaLaTeA , but I'll share my thoughts here.

While for many weight may be difficult to lose, it's not impossible. Trouble is everyone wants the quickest and easiest way to do it. What I mean by that is....they don't want to physically WORK for it.

Dieting has become the 'go to' method to lose weight, even though it is proven to either not work or not last.

One needs a lifestyle change, that is to say they need to make healthy choices permanently. Most don't have the conviction or will power though.

Having said all this, I completely agree with you about listening to their whining (which is exactly what it is). It's right up there with excessive spending on a tight budget and crying 'broke'.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

dont get me started on this

The worst part to me is that by the trickle down effect of this dieting fad almost every bit of food out there now is for dieters. Atleast in North America. You go to the store and everything is reduced calories.

Im skinny, have healthy colesterol, generally healthy. Why cant i have my damn calories?

skinny people just get skinnyer. WHAT ABOUT US MAN? damn...

*sheds tear for all the low fat % and lightweight mofos out there.
    test
  4. MissAndrya

I hear ya, Buster. I've just had my check up and am healthy as can be as well,. I watch what I eat, but just in that I don't overdo it with the garbage food. I still eat what I love in moderation, but I sure as heck eat the healthy stuff too (whole wheat etc.).
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i have a high metabolism, my fat percentage at last check was 8%. Ive been skinny all my life. I dont jog. I do yoga/martial arts and i smoke weed and ciggs and eat chocolate, so you know im not saying im the healthiest. Just saying i need calories lol
    test
  6. MissAndrya

I'm of european decent, so I need to be careful, lol.
    test
  7. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

is this really about weight? or is this some sort of allegory or indirect expression of something else?
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

test
  9. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

people just need to eat in moderation
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

You've got pm! :)

"I'm back on the pill, which causes me to gain weight like hell," said one of the women at the office.

"But I gained 15 pounds when I quit smoking," immediately added another.

This triggered a wave of statements of the self pity committee, where one could hear everything from how they only glance at food and already become a few pounds heavier, another is plagued with some hormonal problems, and the third's cause of all overweight hell are pills of some sort. then cue a guy who's gaining pounds via stress, and another one who'd def be a 100 pounds lighter if only he didn't have such heavy bones.

Not sure about other things, but when obesity is concerned, there's always 1002476 excuses that come in handy. Perhaps instead of reading about diets people might have better luck picking up and reading a book of elementary physics, where they'll find a few simple facts, amongst them ~ that matter has a difficult time arising from basically scratch. Out of nothing comes nothing, no matter how anyone tries. Most of the above mentioned things can indeed be increased by something. It's nothing material, however it is called appetite.

Someone should really start and ultra expensive dietary course in which the participants would receive a script with a single sheet. It would read: "Eat less!"

However, diets are business. A huge one. It's worth to string people along with which foods they can mix with each other, sell them a wide variety of combinations of protein, carbs and more. It's worth it to further tell them when they're allowed to eat and when they aren't, although in fact it's quite a simple thing. Don't eat more than you need. That's it.

Geez, so there's absolutely no way of buying normal groceries?

From what I've been told those reduced calories work as a counterweight ~ similar to the "diet soda" effect.

More calories for you! :)

Urban legendary lucky people might say, that my opinion on the topic is an expression of my narcissistic, almost a few years-long torturing myself with the same weight. This to a certain point might even be true, because I admit that sometimes when I'll consciously give up this or that, I'll feel like a frustrated stick thin fashionista.

When I was still an active athlete, alongside many injuries I've also managed to inherit an incredible appetite ~ if I'd let it lead me, I'd be weighing a ton.

Anyway, I don't exactly trust carelessly obese people. I honestly can't imagine that I'd ever be able to entrust the accounting of firms to someone who isn't even able to regulate their own food intake in their own body, let alone leave governing of documents to a secretary, whose apparel size varies with the square root of age, or to have a business partner/co-owner/boss, that gives the phrase "business lunch" absolute focus on the latter part.

Of course, you could say that I'm doing injustice to many, many people, but obviously I'm not the only one. About normal sized people are in statistics that are available, on average, paid much better than chronically obese.

Those of happiness are, as already mentioned, urban legends. Personal experiences tell me the opposite.

Anyway perhaps I'm wrong about everything. I'm incidentally thankful that I'm not on any kind of pills, never started smoking and I know how to transform stress into a challenge. So I'll still mostly stick to zeeSFD (sea food diet), which for the food that comes from the sea, means something like "all you can eat". :funny:

Yup, hit the nail on the head.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well overeating goes back centuries, the romans used to eat till they puked, they built special puking spots to do the deed at dinners and social events. They would go puke from stuffing themselves silly, and then go eat more and then go puke again. They loved to eat... and puke apparently

anyways I can see how its easy to lose yourself and all of a sudden realize "oh shit, im 300lbs!" and once you are overweight, the task of losing the weight involves hard work. Sometimes a daunting amount depending on your weight. SO in those cases i can see them sinking back into the rut that had them overeating in the first place. I trust a fat man as much as i do a skinny one. I dont think eating habits generally reflect on your work habits unless youre taking days off to eat or losing documents at the drive-thru. Our society is busy. We are. So i totally can see forgetting all about yourself.

Thats where the solution lies. Not letting the importance of mental/physical health fall by the wayside.

and gal about our food in NA... almost all of it is light, reduced cal, reduced fat etc etc... i mean you can buy regular meat and veggies and shit, but anything thats in a box, or packaging has some dieting influence over it. Even the shit that doesnt try and hide its bad for you will say its new and improved because it got less salt and saturday fats.
    test
  12. MissAndrya

This

And as long as people need to lose weight and want a miracle to do it...it'll sell.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

you ever had claussen pickles? mmmmm best of the best
    test
  14. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

this sounds like a metaphor to me.

kind of like violins.

you're right though. im bad about rebukes.
    test
  15. MissAndrya

I think I did once. Still prefer Baby Dills.
    test
  16. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I was a fatty and I decided to lose weight......not thru some gimmicky diet or fad, but instead I changed my lifestyle and I've lost about 30 pounds.
    test
  17. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

Good lord @ some of the tl;dr posts made in this thread.
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

No wonder Rome fell, the meals never ended and bulimia that ran rampant.

If I take a 300 pounder for example ~ they'd have trouble finding work at least say for example on a construction site.

Perhaps it is, since it's open to individual interpretation. :)

Awesome job!

:scared:
    test
  19. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

good metaphor. i see what you did there. what do you look like?
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

There's a recent pic in the 2012 stickied pic thread in the alley. :scared:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.