MMLP2?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Tacky Jones, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Not sure how I feel about the title. Still love Em, but he's no where near that level.

If its anything like what he's been dropping, does this tarnish the MMLP's legacy in your mind?
    test
  2. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

It's going to sound veeeeeeery different, but it works in the way that it will be a personal album like the original MMLP, only that a lot of years later.
    test
  3. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

thats true, it probably will be personal, and should work. i just feel like the sequel is rarely better than the original, and in this case, Em's going to have to try to top what most consider his best work. going to be hard.

someone tweeted the single from this will be Drugs are Bad Ballad. i died.
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

oh jesus christ. why is he doing this? hes been trying to go back to his old self for 3 albums... 4 if you count bad meets evil 2. he needs to get away from that because hes not his old self anymore.

IMO, making a sequel to a classic is a sign of desperation... I'm probably one of the few Nas fans that isn't a big fan of stillmatic... it just couldn't live up to the hype of his first one despite the publicity of the jay beef.

Lupe's F&L 2 was good, but now that time has passed I cant say its better than the first one...

and thats all people are gonna do... compare it to the first one. and MMLP is one of the most flawless rap albums of all time...
    test
  5. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

test
  6. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Cuban Linx II evoked the name for a good reception and a decent album. It was no Cuban Linx by any means, but Rae finally had a good album again.

Stillmatic is a pseudo-similar idea. Everyone loves that. Not a huge fan, but it had some of Nas best shit on there and you can let it ride.

I just have no confidence in current Eminem, his style & writing now... but maybe focused conceptualization is what he needs to pull it off. To play a character and step into his own shoes again.

Tired of this guy making me retroactively hate all his music w/ guilt by association, though. Don't fuck up.
    test
  7. Kry

Kry Willie Stylus

You automatically compare the sequel to the original album everytime there's an sequel album..the only sequel album I've ever heard that became it's own and demanded respect was Stillmatic. MMLP2 is already set up to fail, and for Em not to realize that he doesn't need to name his album MMLP2 to sell is pretty dumb to me. He could've named it "Shit In A Box" and it would sell, so he's either gonna surprise everybody and return to form (which i doubt from the commercial), or he's gonna make the same mistake countless of other fall offs have made over the years.
    test
  8. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

The sample in the commercial I just saw that's supposed to be his single coming out tomorrow...beat reminded me of old school hip hop but Em's got a little screaming on it still...I dunno. We'll see what it is when it all comes together.

Bottomline is I'm excited for it but my expectations aren't setting the bar as high as the original MMLP
    test