MMLP2 - Half Fire/Half Garbage

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by SaintCity86, Oct 31, 2013.

1. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

I really like the songs I Do like... And I hate the ones I don't. I really wish the album didn't have the shit country/rock samples & singing, and the Kendrick feature I just can't wrap my head around.

I mean, what rap fans wanna listen to a song with one of the best rappers ever and one of the most hyped, up and coming, rapper right now.... And it not be a dope hiphop song... But some uppity crap like that. You put Kendrick on brainless or legacy... And you got history being made.

Half is legendary. The other half is garbage.

All we can hope for is the bonus tracks to follow the more serious theme from the album

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    test
  2. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

test
  3. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

Thanks. Anybody got the dirty version of wicked ways?

test
  4. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

deluxe songs dope
    test
  5. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

I'm listening to the Deluxe version and the "throw away" tracks....

The Deluxe throw away tracks should have been on the real CD and

So far
    Assshole
    Stronger than I was
    So much better
    Survival

Should have been on the Deluxe CD...
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

survival should have never left studio
    asshole, i`m skipping it, that beat shit i don`t like
    can`t agree on so much better though
    so far, too fucking country for me but not that bad though
    stronger, never was a fan of him singing beside from some hooks
    deluxe should have replaced this though

but still though, i think i`ll be replaying at least 3 - 5 songs from this so i`m happy with it.
    test
  7. SaintCity86

SaintCity86 Member

I liked survival. I think people are giving it a bad wrap cuz it was the first solo song from him recently and it sounded way to much like recovery for people. To me, it sounds like a lose yourself or till I collapse. He snaps on that song. I can't wait for the other COD song. Cuz I'm sure it'll be amped up.

As for the deluxe. I don't really care for that baby song.

Groundhog day is some of the illest shit ever, and wicked ways is alright. They dropped the ball on the second part of the hook. The dig my way to hell part or whatever. The other two, that country as shit, and the sia song, I don't like at all. It seems like extremely decorated producers and writers and what not, seem to drop the ball when working with Em. Just blaze on recovery. The Lamar feature. No love with Wayne. And I'm sure Rick rubin is the reason for all the country/rock feel and samples of a third of the songs on there.

If the whole album followed the same theme as bad guy, brainless, Groundhog day, rap God, legacy, wicked ways and evil twin.

I hate all the touchy shit. It's everything he used to bash people for. I understand people change, but your demographic likes your hip hop skills, not your country singing voice.

test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

I'd say by the first few plays, it's a definitely better lp than his last 3 or 4, lyrically it's been given some spectacular thought, of course with schemes and everything else being on point.

I've noticed a lot of arguments made about his voice, but honestly, if you weren't keen on his voice before then you still won't.

Noticed there's a re-occurring theme throughout the album leaving no doubt that he's (still) really sour towards certain females and women in general. Liked the fact he addressed lots of gossip about his life and personal issues - which leaves the album with plenty of subject matter to pay attention to.

Beats are a little too commercial for my liking, but a few were pretty decent with several familiar samples and a couple that have been used more than a few times. The only thing really bugging me was lots of singing choruses and lame features, unfortunately.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  9. Superman70

Superman70 edited

maybe 2 or 3 songs could be called garbage, not half
    test
  10. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

gonna give it a second chance tonight while i roll to the Kings game. hopefully some of it can grow on me.
    test
  11. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

You are far too generous.
    test
  12. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Why would he feature Kendrick on a personal track like Legacy?

The track is cool, they actually both kill it...so stop cryin bout the track. Vintage Kendrick on the joint, reminds me of Friend of Mine.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

lol as personal of a song as Legacy, why would kendrick be on it?

love games has grown on me, and idk which song he'd be more fitting on.
    test
  14. PreacherMane

PreacherMane Member

He's kinda in a weird creative place right now
    test
  15. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

I don't ge why so many people on here hate so far. That song is great. It's lyrical, the content is funny, and I love how there's 3 different beats and 3 different flows for them. And survival is a dope song people just think they don't like it cuz it came out months for the album. The only song I don't love on it is asshole. I do Gree that the deluxe tracks are sick and shoulda been on the album over asshole, and stronger then I was (which I actually do enjoy) and survival just cuz it came out so early. And monster also (I hated it when it first leaked cuz I was expecting everything to be hard, but in the end that song is still good. I love this album, I disagree that half is garbage. I still think its a classic album but if he did put those deluxe tracks in place of the ones I listed above then the album is eminem show, mmlp1 level.
    test
  16. Dj Khaled Sucks

Dj Khaled Sucks Active Member

I give it a 3/5. His flow is on point, but he doesn't know how to make songs anymore.

I agree with this bit from the Pitchfork review...

test
  17. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Fuck you if you reading that bullshit-ass no love-having for hip hop Pitchfork website.
    test
  18. cDensley

cDensley Member

I have mixed feelings about MMLP2. I've been a Stan for as long as I listened to music, and I loved everything he did up until Recovery (Recovery just didn't do it for me). Anyway, My top three tracks from MMLP2 have gotta be Headlights, Legacy, and Bad Guy. Those were such powerful songs that sent messages that were straight from Em's heart. Now, the three tracks I don't like are Berzerk, Evil Twin, and Groundhog Day. They just seemed like songs that didn't need to be on this album.

Overall, I was pretty impressed with MMLP2. Shady is definitely back!
    test
  19. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

:hoffawut:
    test
  20. Superman70

Superman70 edited

So Far is a good song.

And I disagree with that review bashing Legacy. I thought he did an excellent job keeping the rhyme scheme without it sounding forced.
    test